Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4, Tesla Model Y, 2021 Bronco 4D BLSQTCH
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As the line forms around the coffee shop Cars and Coffee Marin rents a Porta-Potty 😜 Congrats on that Beautiful Badlands 🍍🍕
Lol. Thanks much.
Sponsored

SasquatchBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your mom
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Today was the day. Ill add to this post in the next few days. But here are my thoughts after the first 50 Miles. im not going to post 1000 pics because I feel like we’ve all seen everything. But let me know if there’s something you’d like to see and I’ll happily snap a pic and post.

SIZE - I don’t remember the numbers on paper - but it’s bigger than my wrangler I traded in for it. Way bigger.

RIDE- it rides 100x better than the wrangler (even with the Sasquatch packsge) no doubt. No question. Rides incredibly.

SEATS - I love the marine grade vinyl. I was under the impression they did not come with heated seats even with Lux (I feel like they said this in a bronco nation walk around???) but these seats are heated and will burn your ass. They get HOT - which is great. but. The seats are a little stiff.…. Not terrible. But I noticed it right away.

SOFT TOP- looks… fine.? Little droopy in a spot or two. Not terrible. Way quieter than the soft top in my wrangler. Like way way quieter.

BUILD QUALITY - inside and out - outstanding. interior is utilitarian but solid. And honestly I like the materials. This is coming from someone that’s had top of the line audis, bmws, Jaguars and teslas. And the quality in here is great. Materials are what they are and utilitarian for a reason - but. all put together very very well.

CLIMATE CONTROL - It is STRONG!1 like I wish that fan setting 1 was fan setting 3 because it needs settings below 1 - fan speed 1 is still really intense.

VISIBILITY - read some comments where people were disappointed. I get that I don’t think it’s terrible - but the windshield feels short and I feel like the rear view mirror takes up a lot of space in terms of field of view. I did find myself bobbing my head around to look around it.

Those are my thoughts after 50 miles. Let me know what else you want to see ‘ hear.

EB232901-445E-417D-A9B5-D6032026D36A.jpeg

C7ADDA39-06A0-4D0F-9D63-43C4DAEC58EA.jpeg

8BC5F744-91A8-45CB-9ECF-485645D8EE45.jpeg

A5401136-50E7-4A95-B77E-7AA6F5EF2221.jpeg

CF3C876D-82FC-4C2C-A670-E16282646DB5.jpeg

D3427382-2FFD-42B7-A209-A0F4FC4264B4.jpeg

7D8C8BE0-7CEF-4C61-8BE6-9EE3D9AE16FC.jpeg

E3CF9F81-B7D7-4113-92F4-7F5B1F25C4ED.jpeg

78F6F36A-7715-4004-9044-69EEF4D8D457.jpeg

Quick update from day 2:

Still rides great. I’m respecting the break in period - but this thing is no slouch. Feels as fast as my Audi SQ5.

Also - top goes up / down much easier than the wrangler soft top. The fact that there’s only a latch on the driver side for getting it all the way down is super easy. And it rotates / guides itself down much more smoothly / elegantly than the wranglers top.

Very easy to get rear windows in / out.

That’s all. More to come.

39d8bba9-21b7-4131-96e1-c6a9c16e2e07-jpeg.jpg

0e0fbde6-6e1b-4e30-a509-ba427672b94f-jpeg.jpg

e171027c-5a35-4dbc-8d84-47ddc45c0163-jpeg.jpg
Ahhh, the "Bronco Wave ® " on those rear plastic windows. Haven't seen a soft top without them yet...

Smokey510

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also shout out to the team at Michael Stead’s Ford in Richmond, CA. They were outstanding. Proud to take home their first delivered bronco.
That's awesome to hear that you got their 1st Bronco, congrats! I have a Badlands on order there as well. Great staff over there!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cfbeaver

Cfbeaver

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great writeup and great-looking Bronc 👍

I seem to remember reading that the mirror raises and lowers. Is it all the way up?
Mirror Moves like every other rear view mirror. No additional adjustment

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mirror Moves like every other rear view mirror. No additional adjustment
There should still be the two points of articulation, correct?

So the point that it’a affixed to the windshield is stationary, but there are still the two ball joints so you can articulate the mirror in such a way that you should be able to raise and lower it by a few inches… right?

Sponsored

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Wow that’s beautiful.

ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Antimatter blue?

OP
OP
Cfbeaver

Cfbeaver

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There should still be the two points of articulation, correct?

So the point that it’a affixed to the windshield is stationary, but there are still the two ball joints so you can articulate the mirror in such a way that you should be able to raise and lower it by a few inches… right?
Ummm. I can go check again but I think it’s only one ball joint.

OP
OP
Cfbeaver

Cfbeaver

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Cfbeaver

Cfbeaver

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Additional note. Every car I’ve ever had that had power windows - had the option to have the passenger mirror tilt when you put it in reverse so you can see the curb.
Bronco has power mirrors -they don’t tilt when I put them in reverse - and I couldn’t find anything in the settings to turn this on?
Anyone else know??

Sponsored

American Sender

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco and 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hahah. Nice. They said there were a fair amount of folks coming by to see it - they kept to their word of no one inside it and no test drives. Had 10miles on it when I took it off the lot.
Glad you got to see it in person! It’s still the only one I’ve seen!

Another update - everyone wants to talk about it. Every time I park ago into a store I come out and some guy/ guys are standing around it. Let a kid and his dad sit in it today because they were so so excited to see one and wanted to know all about my thoughts so far.

If you see me around Marin county feel free to say hi - I’ll be happy to let you check it out!
I’ll be at cars and coffee Marin in Novato at Vintage Oaks next Sunday morning (first Sunday of the month) so please come by and say hi if you’re in the area.
Another guy and myself were stalking it. We did not sit in it or open any doors though. They were pretty protective of it, rightfully so as I would appreciate my dealer doing the same for mine when it comes in. That was the first Sasquatch I saw in person so it was very impressive and the black looks great with the yellow trim pieces.

OP
OP
Cfbeaver

Cfbeaver

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another guy and myself were stalking it. We did not sit in it or open any doors though. They were pretty protective of it, rightfully so as I would appreciate my dealer doing the same for mine when it comes in. That was the first Sasquatch I saw in person so it was very impressive and the black looks great with the yellow trim pieces.
Ya. The team there was fantastic. They sent out a dealer wide note to not put on the front license plate bracket at my request and even though it came in on Wednesday - I had some family / personal stuff come up and even though I was dying to get over there didn’t get to it until Saturday. They were really awesome to work with over the last year - always keeping me in the loop, keeping their word on no markup etc. great people. Super glad I went with them. I grew up around the corner from there and it’s where my dad got his Ford Taurus east back when. I remember going in for services etc. glad it’s still there snd still got good people running it.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can move the mirror up further than what's pictured. It will flush to the roof and provide a lot more visibility. Use both pivots on the mirror to achieve a better fit closer to the roof.

RealStepcs

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm borderline obsessed about the tires. Do you think you will keep the ones that came with it? I'm also getting Badlands Sas, but High package, not Lux. So many people on here are switching out tires, so I am wondering if that is necessary or not. In my mind, I will go off road a lot, but the reality is that mine will be on pavement more than off. Thanks for any info.
I know a guy and his side hustle is dealing in OEM take offs. He probably makes 40k+ a year just dealing in OEM wheels/tires. He has little warehouse slap full of OEM take offs from Wrangler to Audi. I have bought from him. I have seen his inventory, which he sells and replenishes every few months. I asked how do you get all this? He said something like "Doesn't matter, the wheel, the tire, how big, how small or how cool it looks, somehow or someway they always want something different"
Sponsored

Last edited: