Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ā€˜21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea, he can jump in from the back. I hang a blanket over the end so he won't claw the bumper. Bailey is an 80lb. bundle of joy. Tomorrow we will be off to the groomers for his summer fleecing.

picture-5.jpg
What top position is this - did Ford figure out how to fix the "put things in trunk with a soft top soft window which was impossible in my JL Sport Unlimited!" with a tilt up rear window??? that's huge design upgrade and first I'm seeing it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cfbeaver

Cfbeaver

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4, Tesla Model Y, 2021 Bronco 4D BLSQTCH
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What top position is this - did Ford figure out how to fix the "put things in trunk with a soft top soft window which was impossible in my JL Sport Unlimited!" with a tilt up rear window??? that's huge design upgrade and first I'm seeing it.
yes. Itā€™s awesome.

bigtexyahoocom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Today was the day. Ill add to this post in the next few days. But here are my thoughts after the first 50 Miles. im not going to post 1000 pics because I feel like weā€™ve all seen everything. But let me know if thereā€™s something youā€™d like to see and Iā€™ll happily snap a pic and post.

SIZE - I donā€™t remember the numbers on paper - but itā€™s bigger than my wrangler I traded in for it. Way bigger.

RIDE- it rides 100x better than the wrangler (even with the Sasquatch packsge) no doubt. No question. Rides incredibly.

SEATS - I love the marine grade vinyl. I was under the impression they did not come with heated seats even with Lux (I feel like they said this in a bronco nation walk around???) but these seats are heated and will burn your ass. They get HOT - which is great. but. The seats are a little stiff.ā€¦. Not terrible. But I noticed it right away.

SOFT TOP- looksā€¦ fine.? Little droopy in a spot or two. Not terrible. Way quieter than the soft top in my wrangler. Like way way quieter.

BUILD QUALITY - inside and out - outstanding. interior is utilitarian but solid. And honestly I like the materials. This is coming from someone thatā€™s had top of the line audis, bmws, Jaguars and teslas. And the quality in here is great. Materials are what they are and utilitarian for a reason - but. all put together very very well.

CLIMATE CONTROL - It is STRONG!1 like I wish that fan setting 1 was fan setting 3 because it needs settings below 1 - fan speed 1 is still really intense.

VISIBILITY - read some comments where people were disappointed. I get that I donā€™t think itā€™s terrible - but the windshield feels short and I feel like the rear view mirror takes up a lot of space in terms of field of view. I did find myself bobbing my head around to look around it.

Those are my thoughts after 50 miles. Let me know what else you want to see ā€˜ hear.

EB232901-445E-417D-A9B5-D6032026D36A.jpeg

C7ADDA39-06A0-4D0F-9D63-43C4DAEC58EA.jpeg

8BC5F744-91A8-45CB-9ECF-485645D8EE45.jpeg

A5401136-50E7-4A95-B77E-7AA6F5EF2221.jpeg

CF3C876D-82FC-4C2C-A670-E16282646DB5.jpeg

D3427382-2FFD-42B7-A209-A0F4FC4264B4.jpeg

7D8C8BE0-7CEF-4C61-8BE6-9EE3D9AE16FC.jpeg

E3CF9F81-B7D7-4113-92F4-7F5B1F25C4ED.jpeg

78F6F36A-7715-4004-9044-69EEF4D8D457.jpeg

Quick update from day 2:

Still rides great. Iā€™m respecting the break in period - but this thing is no slouch. Feels as fast as my Audi SQ5.

Also - top goes up / down much easier than the wrangler soft top. The fact that thereā€™s only a latch on the driver side for getting it all the way down is super easy. And it rotates / guides itself down much more smoothly / elegantly than the wranglers top.

Very easy to get rear windows in / out.

Thatā€™s all. More to come.

39d8bba9-21b7-4131-96e1-c6a9c16e2e07-jpeg.jpg

0e0fbde6-6e1b-4e30-a509-ba427672b94f-jpeg.jpg

e171027c-5a35-4dbc-8d84-47ddc45c0163-jpeg.jpg
Did you have a JK or a JL to compare it to?

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be clear I had the last generation Sq5 - and it wa a few years ago. But my butt-speedometer and memory says itā€™s not fa
So many possible responses. But. Keeping it G-rated. They heat my bottom and my back - a good ways up it seems.
Lower back and shoulder heat is much appreciated but very few vehicles tend to have that. Mostly Mercedes and other luxury vehicles.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yes. Itā€™s awesome.
Definitely more work on the jeep - unzip left and right sides, unclip the bottom . The Bronco tilt up is still a bit awkward - and heavier that I thought it would be, but it should be a useful feature.

Sponsored

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any report to share on MGV durability with the dogā€™s nails?

Also, I need to move to Marin, where evidently one can wear a winter jacket in July.

OP
OP
Cfbeaver

Cfbeaver

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats on your new Broncoā€¦.
Golden doodle Bronco owners unite!!
Got my Black Diamond on July 15 from Walnut Creek Fordā€¦.(sister dealership to Hilltop Ford)

F6933E87-7098-4019-9315-D4827F6DAB77.jpeg

BA7A1C0B-43CB-4ACC-AAAE-A98C993CC40E.jpeg

E9712F8B-B49B-4451-893E-6FEB217780DD.jpeg
Cooper loves no having that extra Jeep roll bar.

B66C4DA1-FB37-44ED-A41A-64879C4D51D6.jpeg

OP
OP
Cfbeaver

Cfbeaver

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any report to share on MGV durability with the dogā€™s nails?

Also, I need to move to Marin, where evidently one can wear a winter jacket in July.
Seems pretty durable. But. It hasnā€™t been long. And yes. Itā€™s been unusually cold the last week or two.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seems pretty durable. But. It hasnā€™t been long. And yes. Itā€™s been unusually cold the last week or two.
My good boy is long overdue for a trim of his talons. Guess I should get that done before my Bronco shows up this week or next.

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Cfbeaver did you get the 2.7? If so, Any chance you can report your spring code on the door jam sticker? I'm trying to determine the spring codes for a 4 door squatch with the 2.7.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cfbeaver

Cfbeaver

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Cfbeaver did you get the 2.7? If so, Any chance you can report your spring code on the door jam sticker? I'm trying to determine the spring codes for a 4 door squatch with the 2.7.
XXFF & ULC ? If Iā€™m reading this right.

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

XXFF & ULC ? If Iā€™m reading this right.
Thanks! I'm still trying to understand the spring codes. It seems XXFF is the code represented as (FFRR, fronts and rears). I'm guessing the ULC is a calibration code from the next box. FF seems right, can't make sense of the XX for the fronts as that doesn't seem to be valid šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
SOFT TOP- looksā€¦ fine.? Little droopy in a spot or two. Not terrible. Way quieter than the soft top in my wrangler. Like way way quieter.
I had an Audi Cabriolet and have never seen a soft top done as well and as nicely as that. Triple layer top, canvas outer layer, nice and taut when up, withstood water intrusion even in a car wash. Power operated. Hidden when down. Looked great top-up and top-down. I think it's going to make it hard to get another convertible. The only downside was it had a plastic rear window.

Considering how the side window panels fit, it seems like they shouldn't be as slack and wavy as they show in your pics.

OP
OP
Cfbeaver

Cfbeaver

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok. So. A few things.
1. I am getting scratching in the rear bars from the roof. Not sure if itā€™s happening when itā€™s up or when itā€™s down. Pic attached.

2. Realized last night that the lights in the overhead console near the aux switches do not work. There are 4 of them with buttons to turn on / off at will or set to come on when the doors open. They wonā€™t turn on at all for anything for me. Havenā€™t run this by the dealer yet but will this weekend.

B64ED24B-D29F-4487-BCE1-44A6DCE0FDF7.jpeg

OP
OP
Cfbeaver

Cfbeaver

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

EDITED: Update to the update below: Iā€™m an idiot and was using the valet key (in my defense theyā€™re not marked). Other key works fine on console and glovebox.

UPDATE: So. My key doesnā€™t lock the center console or glovebox. Itā€™s like itā€™s the wrong key. Goes in but doesnā€™t turn to lock eitherā€¦ā€¦ā€¦
Sponsored

Last edited: