Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
To me the badlands grille could look good with grayscale colors. But with darker / near black / black colors it looks downright fugly
I think shadow black needs the high gloss black grill. Lucky thats an easy and relatively cheap adjustment.
Sponsored

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

While I'll probably be running without them a lot, having so much exposed tire on the front makes it very easy to drive up and over a vehicle with those tires. Rear ending someone could cause this situation. The worst would be on the highway and having someone change lanes directly into that exposed tire or swerving and running that tire up a jersey barrier.

So how much would a weaker plastic-covered bumper prevent this ? Would this be an official safety testing scenario?

alfiefmc

Badlands
First Name
Alfie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands - 23 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First thing I'm doing, as well as fender delete kit!

Cpc101

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Subarus and one old Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm not a fan of the color but THAT is some great camera work! Thanks!!

Sponsored

Krisegon

Outer Banks
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GMC Yukon SLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's a good look!

I get why I'd want to remove those end caps and the purpose. I'm fuzzy on why would I want to reattach once I left the trail? I'm sure this has been covered a bunch but I haven't seen it. Thanks
It looks kind of unfinished without them.

Also local laws may require more coverage.

Yeah, the laws are in place. This is for Ohio, but it's similar pretty much everywhere:

(A) The horizontal bumper shall be at least 4.5 inches in vertical height, centered on the vehicle's centerline, and extend no less than the width of the respective wheel track distances. Bumpers shall be horizontal load-bearing bumpers and attached to the vehicle frame to effectively transfer impact when engaged.

(B) Maximum bumper heights shall be determined by the type of vehicle at time of manufacture. If other than a passenger vehicle, the maximum bumper height shall be determined by the gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) at the time of manufacture. The height shall be measured in terms of the vertical distance between the ground and the bottom of the bumper. Maximum bumper heights are as follows:

Bumper HeightFRONTREAR
Passenger vehicles22 inches22 inches
All other vehicles
4,500 lbs. and under GVWR24 inches26 inches
4,501 lbs. to 7,500 lbs. GVWR27 inches29 inches
7,501 lbs. to 10,000 lbs. GVWR28 inches31 inches

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can’t wait to do this to Spicy Mae Pearl. First at home mod! Thank for sharing these!!

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Keep in mind they also removed the FOC tusks to get that look. You wouldn't want to drive around on the street like that if crash safely is a concern for you.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, the laws are in place. This is for Ohio, but it's similar pretty much everywhere:

(A) The horizontal bumper shall be at least 4.5 inches in vertical height, centered on the vehicle's centerline, and extend no less than the width of the respective wheel track distances. Bumpers shall be horizontal load-bearing bumpers and attached to the vehicle frame to effectively transfer impact when engaged.

(B) Maximum bumper heights shall be determined by the type of vehicle at time of manufacture. If other than a passenger vehicle, the maximum bumper height shall be determined by the gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) at the time of manufacture. The height shall be measured in terms of the vertical distance between the ground and the bottom of the bumper. Maximum bumper heights are as follows:

Bumper HeightFRONTREAR
Passenger vehicles22 inches22 inches
All other vehicles
4,500 lbs. and under GVWR24 inches26 inches
4,501 lbs. to 7,500 lbs. GVWR27 inches29 inches
7,501 lbs. to 10,000 lbs. GVWR28 inches31 inches
There you go. There's a similar law in my state. Jeepers skirt this all the time. You may or may not get away with it. Tire poke is also illegal in many places, people get away with it sometimes too.

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for posting. This is my build except I did the MIC top. I'm liking the look. Wasnt sure about the black paint and grey grill but this looks pretty sweet. Hoping the MIC top is a similar shade of grey.
I agree. The GC grill looks great with shadow black. Plus with CG optional wheels on BL and MIC or MOD top will look great. Bottom photo is Sas but I don't have Pic of black 2D with MIC.

Ford Bronco Shadow Black Badlands Sasquatch with heavy duty modular bumper end caps removed 1599593672778

Ford Bronco Shadow Black Badlands Sasquatch with heavy duty modular bumper end caps removed Screen Shot 2021-03-27 at 10.09.47 AM

Sponsored

Krisegon

Outer Banks
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GMC Yukon SLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've been wondering how Sasquatch owners in PA will fare on the road, considering the following from PA Code:

(e) Fender Flares - A vehicle may be equipped with fender flares not to exceed 3 inches.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Seems like a lot of exposure for the suspension components with them removed. Other than aesthetics, what's the advantage for removing them?

Fedexman1978

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like it for the contrast... but then again I’m not a fashion or interior designer... so I don’t know much
Neither are the FoMoCo Bronco interior designers. Lol. 😁👍

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even with Race Red, the BL grill would look so much better if it was black. Hell, I even like the base grill so much more than this one. I'm hoping there will eventually be lots of cool grill swap options.

Alternatively, I don't know how much powder coating would cost, but a matte black coat would also be an improvement.

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been wondering how Sasquatch owners in PA will fare on the road, considering the following from PA Code:

(e) Fender Flares - A vehicle may be equipped with fender flares not to exceed 3 inches.
I think that would disqualify most wranglers. Maybe only applies to vehicles that dont come from the factory like that? I know for sure flares on Rubicon and Sahara TJs were over 4 inches.
Sponsored