First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So how much would a weaker plastic-covered bumper prevent this ? Would this be an official safety testing scenario?
Common sense dictates that any barrier between a rotating tire and an obstacle would help prevent it from driving over the obstacle. Intentional or not.

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Now I know exactly where those Baja LP4s are going.

Krisegon

Outer Banks
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GMC Yukon SLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think that would disqualify most wranglers. Maybe only applies to vehicles that dont come from the factory like that? I know for sure flares on Rubicon and Sahara TJs were over 4 inches.
I read on one of the Jeep forums that they don't consider the front "flares" to be flares, because they are considered fenders, rather than flares. The rears are less than 3".

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm glad it's possible for when it's necessary for clearance and such but not a look I'll rock for an extended time on purpose.

As far as the MIC gray grille goes, I'm about opposite to some on here. The colors it looks worst on are silver and Carbonized or any gray that's too close to the color of the grille. Same goes for the MIC top. It actually is a nice contrast to the other colors.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I read on one of the Jeep forums that they don't consider the front "flares" to be flares, because they are considered fenders, rather than flares. The rears are less than 3".
Okay....this might make sense. I think this maybe something that isn't really enforced. I'm from PA and I think full tire coverage is enforced with much more frequency (although even that is sporadic depending on where you live). Meaning I think they are more concerned that your tires dont stick out past the fenders vs concern about the fender width.

Krisegon

Outer Banks
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GMC Yukon SLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Okay....this might make sense. I think this maybe something that isn't really enforced. I'm from PA and I think full tire coverage is enforced with much more frequency (although even that is sporadic depending on where you live). Meaning I think they are more concerned that your tires dont stick out past the fenders vs concern about the fender width.
Yeah, I was reading all sorts of conflicting stuff on the forums, but when it saw that in the code, I was like, wait a sec...the squatch flares are 5 inches! It may very well be that if they are oem it doesn't matter, but the code language doesn't reflect that. A lot of the posters were saying that it depends on the inspector, when getting inspected and it depends on the cop if you get stopped. You just know that some people with squatch will get pulled over until they get used to seeing them.

donkeygoatrunner

Wildtrak
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for posting. This is my build except I did the MIC top. I'm liking the look. Wasnt sure about the black paint and grey grill but this looks pretty sweet. Hoping the MIC top is a similar shade of grey.
Same here....looks sharp. Can't wait.

chowfun27

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually don't mind the production matte grey BL grille. This frankenstein badlands below has the gloss black wildtrak grille and also the "Capable" bumper not offered for 2021MY.

Ford Bronco Shadow Black Badlands Sasquatch with heavy duty modular bumper end caps removed Black 2021 Bronco 4 Door 1

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually don't mind the production matte grey BL grille. This frankenstein badlands below has the gloss black wildtrak grill and also the "Capable" bumper not offered for 2021MY.

Ford Bronco Shadow Black Badlands Sasquatch with heavy duty modular bumper end caps removed Black 2021 Bronco 4 Door 1
Agree completely. Nothing wrong with the gloss black grill on shadow black but I feel it is defiently a more refined look that fits the Outer Banks trim best. Contrast with the black/grey looks more rugged to me and not as refined which fits the badlands.

Sponsored

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have yet to see any pictures of our complete build. Black 4 door BL, Sas, MIC. If you find any of them, please share!
I’ll attach some I found online. I got my vin# last week and priority 1 with my dealer because I was the first reservation, but they ordered the wrong wheels, they say I’m stuck with the standards I had the optionals picked. I’m in a battle with them now.

7FB44AC7-C9D4-4F6E-8CB6-33ECC8056D83.jpeg

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here I am dying to get one, and you guys are already taking them apart. Lol
Sponsored