Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you have a delivery date?
10/8-10/14, but I live in Alaska, so I’m going to assume at least 6 weeks, which would probably be more like the last week of Oct or first week of Nov.

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
Super excited we took delivery of this sexy beast on 9/21. Fully loaded. Love the ride and the leather trimmed seats. Pics included for your viewing pleasure

Ford Bronco SHADOW BLACK Bronco Club FB_IMG_1632318893727

Looks awesome, you weren't kidding what you said fully loaded

Sponsored

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

While at Off-Rodeo Moab,Utah
Ford Bronco SHADOW BLACK Bronco Club 3B90FC39-9B0C-4FF3-ABBE-47E8F71798F2

BroncoAdventures

Base
First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ford escape titanium ,1991 toyota 4x4 22re
Your Bronco Model
Base
Keep it in a garage.....if you keep it outside it will be dirty the next day.
This is so true ! I don’t use my garage for my bronco so every day I have to dust her off

Sponsored

McBronc

Big Bend
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Surprise early delivery this week. Dealer experience was a bit painful, but picked it up Friday and got 35’s on it Sat am.

E39859AA-F92F-4D39-85E8-1E32EE0FE29B.jpeg

1C48D0DC-423B-4EE8-9C57-1BA0EF44214A.jpeg

96703F73-9F61-4AD4-BB5A-A10B845EB0F7.jpeg

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Surprise early delivery this week. Dealer experience was a bit painful, but picked it up Friday and got 35’s on it Sat am.

1C48D0DC-423B-4EE8-9C57-1BA0EF44214A.jpeg

What a great looking Bronco. 35’s really make a difference and your wheels match the color of the MIC.

Like you, I am coming from a Jeep. Can you share your initial impressions vs your Jeep?

Last edited:

McBronc

Big Bend
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What a great looking Bronco. 33’s really make a difference and your wheels match the color of the MIC.

Like you, I am coming from a Jeep. Can you share your initial impressions vs your Jeep?
Yeah, still have a 2dr Willy’s. Sorry for the long reply, but had my thoughts kicking around, so I thought I would share since you asked.

The discontinued 2.0L eTurbo in the Jeep is a better power plant in my opinion. Bronco 2.3L is powerful but the Ford transmissions like to run out a rev even after you take your foot off the gas. Jeep is much more responsive.

So far mileage in the Bronco is only about 14mpg, compared to 18 in the jeep, but in all fairness we have been having fun and not doing normal driving, plus I think the dealer put regular unleaded in it, not premium. I will wait for the next fill up to really see.

Jeep is a soft top, so there is really no comparison to the MIC with headliner from a road noise standpoint. Right now I could take a conf call in the Bronco, I assume soft top be more close to the Jeep but still a bit better. The doors and cabin seem more solid/refined than the wrangler, but the wrangler is definitely more rugged in construction. From the buttons, to the plastic, to the dash and steering column, it is sturdier. Some of that is to be expected, as the wrangler is a 5th generation (over 80 years) platform that has evolved into the car it is today from a true, bare bones off-road utility vehicle, and the Bronco seems to be a consumer SUV retro fit for purpose.

Again, though the refinements to the cabin and the upgrades over the Wrangler are welcome as a daily driver. I don’t really off road that much, so comfort is a plus. Seats are comfortable and comparable to the higher trim levels on a wrangler, but not leather on the Big Bend. Infotainment is much better for sure with the 8” screen standard on the Bronco. No reason the Jeep should still have the crappy tiny screen as standard.

Haven’t taken the doors or top off yet, so I cannot evaluate that, but I am a bit annoyed that the Bronco requires screws to be removed. I know the Jeep does too, but after 4 wranglers, when I buy it the pin screws come off the doors and we just unclip and lift to remove. Takes about four minutes to remove and swap with tube doors. We’ll see how it goes with the Bronco. Personally though I really like the frameless windows on the Bronco, big upgrade over the Jeep.

Backseat is much roomier than the wrangler, still limited, but my 6” sons dont complain about the space. Rear is still not a fold completely flat, but the seats lay down and don‘t rock back and forth while you drive, like in the wrangler.

I like them both for different reasons, but the Bronco is a beefy looking brute for sure. I think the next 2 years will be interesting as the wrangler probably gets a few redesigns to keep up, and the Bronco tightens up a bit on the quality. Either way, I am looking forward to a fully electric version of both so I have another “good problem” to deal with.
Sponsored

Reactions: BD1