Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Suspension is definitely worth it. Aftermarket 5000 $ suspension will never compare to OEM specialized off road suspension for the Raptor. Is the 5000 $ with or without installation?

It's not just the suspension but how it interacts with the vehicle computers etc. Also, Raptor will have factory warranty.

Some people are paying for status but I am paying for extra HP/torque and performance suspension along with a factory warranty.
The $5K suspension is minimum and user installed, so Raptor level suspension might be more like $7K user installed.

Agreed about warranty. All the things to consider when debating modding a BL vs Raptor.
Sponsored

ironmike

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Let's do some math/comparison:

Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MIC was $58800
Raptor 3.0L, Sasquatch, Lux, MIC $72800

$14K more for 70 more HP, lifted/37s, wider stance

Take a BL @$58800 and add $5k in suspension, $2K in tires and forget about extra HP (cuz lets be honest it's really not necessary). We're now at $65800 (-$7K). Try selling SAS tires and suspension (maybe $2K). Now we're at $63800 (-$9K).

Is having a Raptor really worth $9K + $1.5K (sales tax: depending on where you live) = $10500 more than a loaded BL?? IDK...not really to me but you are paying for "status" and maybe future "collectable" (maybe)!!!!

I think I'll just trick out my BL and be happy. I know the Raptor has a few more technology upgrades but not sure worth $10500 "to me".

Nonetheless the Raptor is pretty cool (except those flares not so much) and would be fun
more than suspension dude. Beefier axles, tie rods, control arms, reinforced chassis, enhanced dash electronics. pretty quickly gonna chew up that 9K (throw out the sales tax, that is bogus and washes out).

maybe more hp isn't necessary, but more torque is always a plus off-roading. And it's all factory tuned and warrantied.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No complaints on gm’s black vehicles. We got a fleet of them. But they’re city trucks so don’t get marked up much. I was out at 4 door only. Don’t care how much power they put in it.

monsterfd

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 raptor widebody 37s, 2018 raptor 2018 JKU 35s
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Let's do some math/comparison:

Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MIC was $58800
Raptor 3.0L, Sasquatch, Lux, MIC $72800

$14K more for 70 more HP, lifted/37s, wider stance

Take a BL @$58800 and add $5k in suspension, $2K in tires and forget about extra HP (cuz lets be honest it's really not necessary). We're now at $65800 (-$7K). Try selling SAS tires and suspension (maybe $2K). Now we're at $63800 (-$9K).

Is having a Raptor really worth $9K + $1.5K (sales tax: depending on where you live) = $10500 more than a loaded BL?? IDK...not really to me but you are paying for "status" and maybe future "collectable" (maybe)!!!!

I think I'll just trick out my BL and be happy. I know the Raptor has a few more technology upgrades but not sure worth $10500 "to me".

Nonetheless the Raptor is pretty cool (except those flares not so much) and would be fun
I really wish people would understand that its going to take a whole lot more than 5k to get the wheel travel to match a raptor. even more so to do it reliably. on the low end it would be easily 20k, it cost that much on an f150 raptor just to get an inch. its not a "lift", each corner is longer and beefier to gain travel. you're just not going to do that for 1250/corner.
Sponsored