John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looking for an A51 OBX - anyone ? Let me know where you live and we can meet up for a Starbucks ~ my treat - 👿
Sponsored

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ive looked at this but without having a Bronco in front of my I can’t 100% confirm. The tabs turn sideways inside the fender to lock in place. My thought would be if you’re worried you can pop off the flare and remove the locking tab. Add a stud inside the inside of the fender: Bolt, lock nut, washer, nut. That way you have a “post” inside the wheel to attach the fender too. Remove the locking tab, add a large enough washer and lock it down with a nut so it takes tools. Flip side, dependent on what the locking mechanism looks like, wondering if you can disassemble it and add a bolt on the side and that tab on the outside. I dunno, I’ll manufacture something up once I get one in my garage.
Interesting! I'm going to hit you up once you get this figured out. In the meantime, I'll throw them all in the backseat if I have to.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still worried for non-SAS OBX owners and their painted fender flares. The second you leave it unsupervised, boom. Your fender flares are stolen.
I can see white and black being stolen but not the other colors.

Last edited:

Sponsored

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ive looked at this but without having a Bronco in front of my I can’t 100% confirm. The tabs turn sideways inside the fender to lock in place. My thought would be if you’re worried you can pop off the flare and remove the locking tab. Add a stud inside the inside of the fender: Bolt, lock nut, washer, nut. That way you have a “post” inside the wheel to attach the fender too. Remove the locking tab, add a large enough washer and lock it down with a nut so it takes tools. Flip side, dependent on what the locking mechanism looks like, wondering if you can disassemble it and add a bolt on the side and that tab on the outside. I dunno, I’ll manufacture something up once I get one in my garage.
Something like this "might" be an option.....

https://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS/JEGS-Qu...gId=-1&fq=Quick_Fastener_Head_Style:Flush+hex

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am constantly amazed by the things people think about being stolen. I know I live in "Maybury" and don't often travel to areas of high crime, but I can't even imagine my fender flares getting swiped at my house or my cabin. I am glad that's not a big issue for me and I hope we all keep our flares!

LadyBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Roller skates 🛼
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks like this may have been the OBX from the preview event @LadyBronco posted. Nice to see it on the move.

Yep! It sure does. And if you look close enough you can see the black and white checkered faux flannel from a Bronco Marketeer 😆

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Still worried for non-SAS OBX owners and their painted fender flares. The second you leave it unsupervised, boom. Your fender flares are stolen.
Or swapped out lol, especially the white ones 😬 :whistle:

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I may be wrong, but I think people's expectation of fender flair theft on a still low production vehicle is a bit on the high side.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think Ford puts these Broncos on the road knowing folks will video them, and just make me want mine yesterday. Damnit......o_O 🤪

mkennedy009

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 110th Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Those painted fenders and the wee wheels make the truck look pedestrian, just the like the original. FMC did a good job.
Would not be caught dead with those inner tub tires. Hey I have ridden motor cycles that have narrow tires (my Honda GB 500) and I like my Ducati monster better.

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Those rims actually look kinda cool when they're spinning. Just wish they were bigger. Would've got OBX non-squatch if they were beefier and saved some cash!! Wildtrak taking bites out of my paycheck!!!
Was thinking the same thing, those look real nice in motion.

Ourbroncolife

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks like this may have been the OBX from the preview event @LadyBronco posted. Nice to see it on the move.

That's me driving! Hi!
Sponsored