First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure if this has been mentioned before but the interior of the modular black top is black. The MIC interior is brownish tan. (At least according to Build and Price which we all know is the most reliable source ever!!)

Modular Black Top Interior
1611946784441.png

MIC Top Interior
1611946830933.png
This can not be correct - whats your source
Sponsored

MotownSpartan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape XLT 6cyl
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely works better as a tonal value with most colors.

Looks WAY more urban / ski parking lot-ish, Especially an OB with painted flares
Less Overlander.....

1611881646347.png

1611881684952.png

1611881719459.png
I like the SB look w/SB body, but think Iā€™ll be fine with the MIC. Donā€™t want to wait!

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The MIC top is not included in the MSRP, it is a $695 option. The Soft Top comes standard and included in the MSRP.
Youā€™re talking 4-door, Iā€™m talking 2-door.

Sponsored

BLTN

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands; '95 Jeep XJ; '05 F-350; '07 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is th gunner hatch a real thing?

***edit - wish it was also available on the 4 door.
It's the real deal...4-door Mod tops get a second-row removable panel instead of the hatch.

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the info we have on the materials right now:

(It was pointed out to me that technically SMC is thermoplastic... either way, I'm not an expert in materials, this was just copied/paraphrased from someone who works at the plant making the tops.)

Top Differences.jpg
Thermoplastic is a surprise. Thermosets are usually the ā€˜bodyā€™ of the plastic material with fibers for strength. Think boat hull. Things have been evolvoing: https://www.compositesworld.com/articles/innovation-driving-automotive-smc

Sponsored

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just added about 4 months to my wait, seeing this made me add it to my build. By the time its available ill have saved enough to pay for it. So why not!

blumtn

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'83 Toyota 4x4, '93 FJ80, '01 F250 4x4, '86 FXRS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dogs are gonna love the removal windows. I wish the rear hatch was easily removed too. I know I could go with a bimini or remove the back half entirely, but these other options might be nice.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Haha. Ford intentionally uglified the MIC top on BnP while adding the black mod top. Or to at least make the mod top look that much better

Chalk this up as another example of Ford just begging for people to push out their builds.

Less earlier builds = more successful rollout. Since theyā€™re at the mercy of their suppliers limitations, the only thing in Fords control and save face is to lure people to push out their builds.

Based on some responses here, it seems like itā€™s working. So I guess we truly are the sheep that could be herded lol

I wonā€™t be lured over. Iā€™m stubborn, standing ground, and sticking with my 21 MIC sas lux 2.7l build. Iā€™m Fords worst nightmare. If everyone did the same, Ford would have like the worst rollout in history and their stock would take another hit

Last edited:

Cap10Alden

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thermoplastic is a surprise. Thermosets are usually the ā€˜bodyā€™ of the plastic material with fibers for strength. Think boat hull. Things have been evolvoing: https://www.compositesworld.com/articles/innovation-driving-automotive-smc
Damn you! A great article explaining all the intricacies of these SMC tops, but now after finally thinking I was done with all the decisions I needed to make for the production of my Bronco, you have me questioning my original idea of ceramic sealing the Mod Top when I have the rest of the body sealed. Any idea if adding an additional sealant to a very intricate process will negatively affect the look and longevity of this top?

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the mod top isnā€™t available on Black Diamond? I wonder why it was left out.
Sponsored