Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does our gut tell us the actually mean it? Or is it another mistake?
I don’t...... I don’t know.

It’s not well advertised, but it’s been there the entire time... but it’s buried pretty good... but I’m sure they intended it to be that way at the beginning since it’s too specific to be a misprint.

I’m a little surprised they’d commit to it, considering the cost/logistics of making those parts. Seems like if they could get away not doing it at this point, that would make the most sense for Ford...

...but it’s still up... but maybe they just forgot to take it down... like it was an early decision, that the website team doesn’t realize is still up or management doesn’t realize it’s on there.

I guess, all that is to say: it’s on the website, but my gut is surprised it is.
Sponsored

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s not well advertised, but it’s been there the entire time... but it’s buried pretty good... but I’m sure they intended it to be that way at the beginning since it’s too specific to be a misprint.

I’m a little surprised they’d commit to it, considering the cost/logistics of making those parts. Seems like if they could get away not doing it at this point, that would make the most sense for Ford...

...but it’s still up... but maybe they just forgot to take it down... like it was an early decision, that the website team doesn’t realize is still up or management doesn’t realize it’s on there.

I guess, all that is to say: it’s on the website, but my gut is surprised it is.
I think I’l be pleasantly surprised if I have fewer random colors on the truck. I seriously doubt they’ll do it, like 4.7 on auto BL no squatch. At least that was covered in the order guide crisply.

JayOverland

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going with the Shadow Black-Painted since it'll be an easier surface to use for when I do my wrap than on the MIC top.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, we were talking do the caps and grill match the roof, but he's also pointing out the other weird thing, how B&P will let you add a Mod top to a Black Diamond even though that particular documentation says it's not available on Base and Black Diamond. ?

And I apologize, but I have to admit that as I typed "do the caps and grills match the roof" I suddenly remembered James Bond's line in Diamonds Are Forever when she asks if he preferred her as a Blond, Brunette, or Redhead...

To which he replied that it didn't matter "as long as the cuffs and collars match."?
Your statement made me think

Are there two grills for the wildtrak?
A black non gloss one, and a black glossy one?

Is the Filson concept grille the non gloss black or a different thing entirely?

eatworksleepdie

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Renegade, 20' Wrangler, 92' VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've noticed in the latest Stig pics that the grill is also the same grey color as the MIC top. FML

Sponsored

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Man know I really don't know what to do!

I am like 99.99 percent set on AMB. I am not sure how the black painted top will look with how dark AMB is, but I want the mod top over the MIC(actually body color would be ideal) but then when I look at the mod top with Carbonized grey or rapid red it makes me want to switch colors! Ahhhhhh!
Im getting just that setup AMB, and shadow black mod top. No question

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Your statement made me think

Are there two grills for the wildtrak?
A black non gloss one, and a black glossy one?

Is the Filson concept grille the non gloss black or a different thing entirely?
Yes, it got me speculating lots of things...
If the original stuff on Ford website said matching grill and mirror caps... then gloss black roof gets gloss black grill and mirrors (and would a white roof get white grill and mirrors?)

And all the original web stuff says NO painted roof available for Base and Black Diamond... whose common like is the different grill which I wonder if cannot be painted.🤔🤔

And like you mention... Is there a gloss and nongloss black grill?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone know if this is suddenly available on order? Or still a late item? Getting more and more confused, of course the moment I'm ready to order! Saw those pics of my Race Red BD with Steelies....and yuck! So either needs upgraded wheels, or going Cyber Yellow (it ain't orange) and if so, the black top would look best....

WalnutBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ford Bronco 2021 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If I was getting a Wildtrak I would absolutely wait so the shiny mirrors and grill matched. Or Shadow Black.
Thats my plan. Shadow black everything. Planning on pulling the fenders and getting some painted fenders installed once the aftermarket fenders start looking better. I’ll be keeping an eye out for decent bumpers as well. Trying to get rid of all the plastic parts and replace them with some paint.

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Following to find out if the grill/mirrors are indeed swapped.

Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am hoping that getting the shadow back top on the BL doesn't actually include painting the side mirrors and grille. The gloss black top is bougie enough.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am hoping that getting the shadow back top on the BL doesn't actually include painting the side mirrors and grille. The gloss black top is bougie enough.
Agreed.

Though if it's true, Im emotionally prepared to do a trade with someone who wants them.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is there any data on weight difference between the two?
This thread is TL;DR. I know there are no real data on this kind of thing yet but many on this forum have very educated guesses so I'll ask:
Are there decent estimates of the weights of the 4-door soft top and the 4-door MIC top? Asking for curb weight adjustment purposes.

TJPhillips3

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anybody order from Jim Ellis Ford in Sandy Springs, Georgia? What’s been your experience?
Sponsored