Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's worse than $1895. You are giving Ford back a $695 MIC top that was included in your MSRP. Your effective cost for the modular top is $2590. That's about 3315 CAD!
The MIC top is not included in the MSRP, it is a $695 option. The Soft Top comes standard and included in the MSRP.
Sponsored

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4 door mic has the two partial panels over the two front seats and a total width removable panel over the rear seats. No gunner hatch or removable side windows I believe.
I have no use for a gunner's hatch, especially considering I'm going 4DR, but I want it. Just looks cool. Oh well, maybe someday. ?

blumtn

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'83 Toyota 4x4, '93 FJ80, '01 F250 4x4, '86 FXRS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are there any pictures with the back windows removed from the mod? Can the back half of a 2 dr be removed w/o windows and gunner hatch (to possible make it easier for single person removal)?

focaloca95

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Ram, 2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Limited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ya'll are right about the MIC top being darker now. When I toggle b/w just the MIC top and the dual top option w/ MIC, there is a definite color change.

Ford Bronco Shadow Black Top - Now Live on Bronco Build & Price 1611948192445

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but the interior of the modular black top is black. The MIC interior is brownish tan. (At least according to Build and Price which we all know is the most reliable source ever!!)

Modular Black Top Interior

MIC Top Interior
What the hell is it with these mismatched color schemes. Crazy to me that Ford can't see that some colors just don't go together. I did not know about the tan color on the interior of the MIC so I'm glad I ordered the MOD now.
I honestly don't understand how people still have energy to get upset about things that we know are mistakes in the B&P.

This has been discussed, and I thought that we understood that the B&P was weird, and that all MIC tops have the same interior color...

inside-of-roof-panels-are-beige.11767

Ford Bronco Shadow Black Top - Now Live on Bronco Build & Price 2021 Bronco Sound Deadening Headliner Rapid Red First Edition + MIC 12

Additionally, I thought that even the MOD top interiors were going to be the same color as the MIC tops because they share the same underlying construction.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are there any pictures with the back windows removed from the mod? Can the back half of a 2 dr be removed w/o windows and gunner hatch (to possible make it easier for single person removal)?
Yes, you could remove the windows and the gunner hatch, and then remove the Mod top.

Ford Bronco Shadow Black Top - Now Live on Bronco Build & Price ies-concept-outer-banks-fishing-concept-1r-jpg-
Ford Bronco Shadow Black Top - Now Live on Bronco Build & Price ries-concept-outer-banks-fishing-concept-2-jpg-

Stand by for a video of the rear windows being removed...

::EDIT::

3:00 mark.

Video should cue right to it:

Last edited:

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stand by for a video of the rear windows being removed...
Hope you're not messing with us here. That's the best feature on my 4Runner and I wish it was replicable on the 4dr MIC/Mod.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's better than the gray MIC top.
You keep telling yourself that. That gloss black finish top going to show every scratch and swirl mark. I’m happy with the mic top

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hope you're not messing with us here. That's the best feature on my 4Runner and I wish it was replicable on the 4dr MIC/Mod.
I'm talking about the rear side windows being removable.... it's like, literally the thing that gives the "Modular Top" it's name...

(I am not talking about the rear most flip up window... but that you can just flip up and drive down the road with it open if you'd like. That's pretty common practice with Wranglers)

Last edited:

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not sure if this has been mentioned before but the interior of the modular black top is black. The MIC interior is brownish tan. (At least according to Build and Price which we all know is the most reliable source ever!!)

Modular Black Top Interior
1611946784441.png

MIC Top Interior
1611946830933.png
People realllllllly need to start using the search function. "roof panels" returned this thread which also, incorrectly, claims roof panels are brown using B&P as the source.

Please catch up on the topic:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/inside-of-roof-panels-are-beige.11767/

Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You keep telling yourself that. That gloss black finish top going to show every scratch and swirl mark. I’m happy with the mic top
Good for you.
I'd rather have some swirl marks than a purple'ish, blue'ish, gray top.

Last edited:

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People realllllllly need to start using the search function. "roof panels" returned this thread which also, incorrectly, claims roof panels are brown using B&P as the source.

Please catch up on the topic:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/inside-of-roof-panels-are-beige.11767/

View attachment 84441
My bad. I searched "roof interior" which netted no results. At least I didn't go and make an entirely new thread about this. I try to stay "caught up" as much as possible but I appreciate you linking that thread.

Last edited:

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The shadow black top in B&P works, and then doesn't for the OBX. I was playing around with it, chose it first then chose the modular bumper and the roof went away.
If you select the sound deadening material it appears. Definitely a bug.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had resigned myself to the MIC and I actually started liking it. Then I recently saw some OBX pics and that painted grill had me thinking this was going to be a kaleidoscope between the grill, body, and top. I am thinking that painted grill and painted top might be a better combo. Late availability is another consideration.

ROCKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not showing with the red 2 door
Sponsored