Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For anyone in the know--

Is the shadow black body painted the same gloss, shade of black, and appearance as the "black painted top"?

I'm wondering, if I were to go with shadow black and black painted top, if thats essentially me asking for a body painted top. Personally thats NOT what I want, and hoping there's some two tone contrast there [however that may look].

From photos, appears the black painted top is high gloss (like the wildtrak wheels). But from some youtube videos it appears the shadow black is glossy as well.... ?
Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Modular Hard Top is painted Shadow Black. It will match a Shadow Black Bronco. If you are looking for contrast, your only option at the moment is to get the Molded in Color Carbonized Gray top or soft top if going four door. In the future we may see a MIC black top, but I doubt it.

If you are waiting for the modular top, you can always have it painted to add contrast. The MIC top might be able to be painted too, but people have poor luck doing this with the textured Jeep tops. Usually they just use Line-X and that holds up just fine.

Ford Bronco Shadow black vs black painted top 1606933431399

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Who knows what the painted hard tops will be when they become available. Too early to know or worry about.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Modular Hard Top is painted Shadow Black. It will match a Shadow Black Bronco. If you are looking for contrast, your only option at the moment is to get the Molded in Color Carbonized Gray top or soft top if going four door. In the future we may see a MIC black top, but I doubt it.

If you are waiting for the modular top, you can always have it painted to add contrast. The MIC top might be able to be painted too, but people have poor luck doing this with the textured Jeep tops. Usually they just use Line-X and that holds up just fine.

Ford Bronco Shadow black vs black painted top 1606933431399
THIS

Sponsored
OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Who knows what the painted hard tops will be when they become available. Too early to know or worry about.
Considering its an option when we order next month, its high time to worry

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Ford Bronco Shadow black vs black painted top 58B5A2AD-9479-4BF8-980F-2EDA9E5EA93E
Thank you so much

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Way too glossy all over. Confirms I do NOT want this

Thank you!
That rig looks incredible in person. It's the one that convinced me to go for a 2-door.

Reactions: MJJ
OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That rig looks incredible in person. It's the one that convinced me to go for a 2-door.
I agree that it looks great as a 2 door. But as a larger 4 door, its a whole Lotta glossy black

Sponsored

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Considering its an option when we order next month, its high time to worry
What happened? I thought this option was pushed back until 2022.

It's so hard to keep up.

OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What happened? I thought this option was pushed back until 2022.

It's so hard to keep up.
Body painted hard tops is pushed to MY2022, but black painted hard tops are "late availability". We can still order it via our dealer however, understanding that it means we get our vehicles late when that top is available

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford has already said that the black painted hard top will be a "late availability" option for MY21, and the MY22 they will add the white painted hard top. So, yeah, we know.

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Body painted hard tops is pushed to MY2022, but black painted hard tops are "late availability". We can still order it via our dealer however, understanding that it means we get our vehicles late when that top is available
OK, that is what I understood previously.

Is there anyone that believes 'late availability' doesn't mean 2022 model year? Especially since 1) ford has been late on everything else so far, and 2) your build will be set aside and reservations made after yours will jump ahead. After all, there are only so many that can be built for model year 2021.

OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OK, that is what I understood previously.

Is there anyone that believes 'late availability' doesn't mean 2022 model year? Especially since 1) ford has been late on everything else so far, and 2) your build will be set aside and reservations made after yours will jump ahead. After all, there are only so many that can be built for model year 2021.
The way i see it, It would be pure speculation to believe that without indication from Ford. For instance,, the bronco sports are arriving earlier than expected. I'm prepared to receive my early reservation - late availability Bronco anywhere from June to September. I'll start getting disappointed if it goes beyond that....
Sponsored