Sponsored

Sharp turn makes my blinker go to the other direction. Anyone else?

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you a pre or post prep package vehicle?
Unsure of "prep-package" meaning. I was a 21MY dirt mountain build and it's ONLY on right turns.
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unsure of "prep-package" meaning. I was a 21MY dirt mountain build and it's ONLY on right turns.
Built after 9/1/21 it's equipped with the washer hose and other things to work with a hard top if it was originally built with a soft top. The turn signal stalk on soft top vehicles built from 5/3/21 to 8/31/21 does not have the rear washer wheel.

OP
OP
BlazinGTO

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm able to replicate this on a regular basis and believe it's either a spring or detent problem in the turn signal switch itself. When it cancels the internal detent should keep it a the neutral position but it seems like the speed of the wheel return overcomes the detent or spring. Have not taken one apart but might try running a warranty claim on mine once they come off back order. Only shows one part number which means the new switch will probably have the rear washer function on it even for pre prep package vehicles. Interesting..... M2DZ-13K359-AA

I'd say that is exactly what's happening. I'm pre prep here.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Built after 9/1/21 it's equipped with the washer hose and other things to work with a hard top if it was originally built with a soft top. The turn signal stalk on soft top vehicles built from 5/3/21 to 8/31/21 does not have the rear washer wheel.
Ah forgot about that. I was MIC the entire time, so nothing changed for me.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine's getting fun, where it does it 90% of the time is leaving the gas station turning on to a main street. People think I'm trying to make an immediate left in to the faster lane after entering the road and have been honked at a couple times :)

Sponsored

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just found this thread and I’ve come to say that mine does this too. I always assumed I was hitting it but never remembered doing it. Warranty claim at next oil change. I wonder which will be resolved first, this or my MIC.

Tunagates

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Anyone get this checked out w their dealer yet for warranty coverage? I’m up for an oil change in a couple of weeks - I’ll let you guys know

LisaVH

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dealership can't see me for another week, but I have an appointment set to have this looked at and hopefully fixed. I found it happens if I turn the wheel fully to the right - gentle right turns don't seem to trigger it. I will report back what happens. Pray for me :rolleyes:.

Greggvh

Outer Banks
First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ram, 18 Charger, 01 Mustang, 98 Firebird
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We have the same problem in our bronco also. Like most my wife just thought she was hitting it or something but after paying attention to it it just does it on its own coming back from a turn.

Of course our dealer said they would charge us $140 if it is not covered under warranty so I am glad that I have found others with the same problem.

Geaux Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine does the same thing sometimes. Maybe we’re only supposed to take left turns.

Sponsored

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty sure it's a design flaw, not a actual mechanical problem. So the dealer will either say "we can't duplicate it" or "we duplicated it, replaced the part"... and it'll still do it.
It's really annoying because it mostly does it to me when I'm having to make a right turn from a parking lot on to a busy street. Having it immediately start blinking left like I'm going to jump in front of traffic in the left lane is not good.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There needs to be a way to give Ford feedback on these things, without having to go through the dealer's service department.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's happened maybe 6 times. 3 times the same place.

I'll be signaling right and stopped. When I go to turn I have to turn sharp because of the curb, a skinny lane, and other cars. As I straighten out, the blinker turns on blinking to the left.

If I remember and plan ahead, it's fine. But I don't always remember or I need to pull out faster because of traffic.

Anyone else experience this? If so then I'll live with it, but if not I guess I'll have to ask the dealer to look at it. It's a bit annoying.
Sorry to say but you are used to the built quality of an almost 20 years old Australian built car (I had a 2005 Black/Black M6 purchased new) and that's way above and beyond what a modern car can offer!

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's happened maybe 6 times. 3 times the same place.

I'll be signaling right and stopped. When I go to turn I have to turn sharp because of the curb, a skinny lane, and other cars. As I straighten out, the blinker turns on blinking to the left.

If I remember and plan ahead, it's fine. But I don't always remember or I need to pull out faster because of traffic.

Anyone else experience this? If so then I'll live with it, but if not I guess I'll have to ask the dealer to look at it. It's a bit annoying.
I'm really glad I ran into this post. I have noticed this and was going to have the dealer look at it (if they can ever get me an appointment)

Last edited: