William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Now that I have the procal tune and exhaust I have noticed if I get hard on the throttle I have provide steering input to keep her straight. I'm not a suspension guy so I'm not sure what I'm looking for here. I have noticed that if I am at highway speeds and hammer down the rear end of the truck will squat now as she rockets off toward the limiter, maybe we're unloading the front too much?

I haven't tried it in 4a to see if it makes a difference.

After thinking about the squat, rear sway bar?

2.7 with tune and exhaust
sasquatch
2 door
black diamond
Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm also a 2-door, but with the 2.3 manual with exhaust (tune not installed yet). I notice the same thing when either launching in Sport Mode (4A) or merging onto highway in 3rd or 4th gear. I think it's just a combination of tall tires, short wheelbase and turbo smashing.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
lol,yes its not meant to drive like that. You have a square brick that is tall. You will spend 1000s trying to fix that and you wont in the end.
I have a rear sway bar. Doesnt change with that

OP
OP
Billnchristy

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's not horrible so I don't mind it, was just curious. Considering there is a performance version of this vehicle, someone thought it was a good idea to make a fast Bronco so it's not a crazy thought.

It's a lot better than the torque steer the 1st gen Taurus SHO had. That mf was a handful when the second butterfly opened.

Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My TRX will change lanes on you if you’re not ready. My Bronc is tame by comparison.

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It's not horrible so I don't mind it, was just curious. Considering there is a performance version of this vehicle, someone thought it was a good idea to make a fast Bronco so it's not a crazy thought.

It's a lot better than the torque steer the 1st gen Taurus SHO had. That mf was a handful when the second butterfly opened.
There are “performance” vehicles for a lot of vehicles, doesn’t necessarily mean they are built to perform.

GreyZ

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 350z, Bronco Badlands, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If yours is SAS I believe it should have a rear sway bar.

Some of it will likely be tire squirm. On these huge sidewalls and this much power it will have an interesting feel.

EternallyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Edelbrock Subaru BRZ, '22 Colorado ZR2 Bison
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's due to the soft springs on offroad suspension. My Wildtrak squats like crazy during a hard pull. Stiffer springs or adjustable coil overs to stiffen compression settings would help.

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For family reasons, I had to get a 4 dr. Finally, something to make me feel better about my limo. I don't notice this with the 4 dr, tune and exhaust.
Please don't tell me it's because the weight of the extra doors is slowing me down. Let me have this one win. Even if it's all in my head.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sneakers
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

She gets a little squirrelly on hard acceleration:

Like this?

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Now that I have the procal tune and exhaust I have noticed if I get hard on the throttle I have provide steering input to keep her straight. I'm not a suspension guy so I'm not sure what I'm looking for here. I have noticed that if I am at highway speeds and hammer down the rear end of the truck will squat now as she rockets off toward the limiter, maybe we're unloading the front too much?

I haven't tried it in 4a to see if it makes a difference.

After thinking about the squat, rear sway bar?

2.7 with tune and exhaust
sasquatch
2 door
black diamond
A rear sway bar will help, and 4a will definitely help, but remember it has a lot of suspension travel.

OP
OP
Billnchristy

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's funny because it seems pretty planted left to right but front to back is super divey and squatty, you'd think loose is loose but I feel like it corners better than something of it's height and weight should corner but brake dive and squatting are severe in comparison.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What you're describing sounds like "Torque Steering"...its very common in FWD and is totally normal.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If by "steering input" you mean having to hold on to the wheel, that is normal. If you mean that it gets ripped out of your hands during acceleration while driving straight, that isn't normal.

If loosing rear traction is the issue, then 4A should help prevent that. That is why sport mode defaults to 4A. Torque steer could an issue in 4A (Raptor with aggressive trans tune and LSD will torque steer in 4A while cornering under acceleration).

The GT500 will squat, twist, and lift front under acceleration, so the soft springs of Bronco don't stand a chance even with relatively low torque. The squat/lift is more pronounced on 2dr. Totally normal.

In any case, this is partly why Ford detunes the engine and transmission response in stock Bronco.

The FP Bronco 2.7 tune has seemed pretty mild so far, especially compared to Cobb tune on Raptor. Unlike Raptor, Bronco tune is fairly usable in 2H with 37's. I like it a lot, since if fixes the slow downshift and throttle response.
Sponsored