Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

With all that is news and frustration with our Bronco journey, I thought it might be nice to change it up a bit and turn our ficus to our families. Yeah, proud dad moment coming...

Here is a pic of my daughter while getting a bit of a pep talk and coaching between rounds at her first-ever trap shooting competition today, May 8th, in Livermore, CA at the Grand West Grand trap competition. I cannot express in words just how amazing her coach and team have been to get Amelia to this point. She is also acting as the squad leader for her flight. Some stats to consider…
She is 10 years old,
She has been shooting for only a few months,
She is competing with a Browning BT-99, 12-gauge, 34-inch barrel shotgun,
She will shoot 200 shells today, exceeding her previous best of 125 shells in a day,
She will be completely exhausted by the end of this,
She has two parents who are over the moon proud of her,
She shoots like a girl!! (Some of you may understand exactly what this means. For those of you who do not, it is possibly one of the highest compliments that can be given to someone in our circle of friends.)

It's just a car, but it's always a family.

Ford Bronco She shoots like a girl... Trap Shooting competition
Sponsored

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With all that is news and frustration with our Bronco journey, I thought it might be nice to change it up a bit and turn our ficus to our families. Yeah, proud dad moment coming...

Here is a pic of my daughter while getting a bit of a pep talk and coaching between rounds at her first-ever trap shooting competition today, May 8th, in Livermore, CA at the Grand West Grand trap competition. I cannot express in words just how amazing her coach and team have been to get Amelia to this point. She is also acting as the squad leader for her flight. Some stats to consider…
She is 10 years old,
She has been shooting for only a few months,
She is competing with a Browning BT-99, 12-gauge, 34-inch barrel shotgun,
She will shoot 200 shells today, exceeding her previous best of 125 shells in a day,
She will be completely exhausted by the end of this,
She has two parents who are over the moon proud of her,
She shoots like a girl!! (Some of you may understand exactly what this means. For those of you who do not, it is possibly one of the highest compliments that can be given to someone in our circle of friends.)

It's just a car, but it's always a family.

Ford Bronco She shoots like a girl... Trap Shooting competition
Congratulations! I was 8 the first time I shot a gun with my dad. I shoot like a girl too.

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that is awesome, good luck today!

CoolTech

Wildtrak
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Touareg TDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
LOVE IT!!! Totally awesome! Kind of a standing joke/complement that I get from our closest GT friends - all of which have MUCH more money that me... is that I am the "richest" person they know. I agree.... and I think you are pretty damn rich too!

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That’s cool to see. My daughter shot on her trap team in school and did quite well. She shoots a Beretta 391 12ga and gets mad when people assume she shoots a 20ga since she’s a girl.
She also does quite well long range with rifles and handles most pistols adequately. Loves to hunt.

Keep up the good work. It’s obvious she has awesome parents too.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My 10 year old shooting a mossberg pump 410 with a fixed full choke. She hit 4/6 in between her brothers scout troup getting their shotgunning badge. She needs to eat a whole lot of wheaties to catch up to your daughter.

Last edited:

BWS_TX

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats! Impressed she is shooting the 12! I started shooting skeet competivily when I was about the same age. Started with a 20 gauge Winchester 1100 then switched to a tubed over-under, but was about 12 years old before I actually shot the 12 gauge in competition. Competed in .410, 28, 20, 12 and doubles.

OP
OP
Firefight911

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, it wouldn't be complete without a follow-up as to how the day went! I will let these two pictures answer this.

Ford Bronco She shoots like a girl... Trap award
Ford Bronco She shoots like a girl... Trap award medals