Sponsored

Shelby Hall Off-roading a Lifted Bronco on 37s!

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Shelby rocks. She takes both hands off the wheel while blasting down a gravel road and laughing.
That Bronco needs more lift, the rubbing is bad.

Sponsored

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Mitch is a blast and enjoy his videos...
The rubbing is good example of why I would not let 4WP touch my truck or future bronco. If I decide to get a lift, I would get Kings, Fox or many others coilovers before the 4WP set up. Lot of quality family owned off-road shops around that do great installations for those if us who don't wrench on our vehicles much.

Smuck

First Edition
First Name
Shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
32 Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So compared to the other ride in the video his shocks were too loose? It looked like the front was sitting higher than the back. I imagine that softness is better on the road vs off-road.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That Bronco needs more lift, the rubbing is bad.
He talks about adjusting the ride height (lift) at the end, but that won't fix the offroad rubbing since that is primarily determined by compressed shock length and not the preload.

If it is the same setup in his previous video, it is 4WP coilovers and 17x8+35 wheels. I think this is close to the setup recommended by 4WP, so we now see that the 4WP solution doesn't work well offroad with 37's unless you can accept significant rubbing. I think the 4WP coilovers are best suited to add 35's to non-SAS Broncos (or 37's for street duty). Note that the King shocks are significantly longer and probably fix the 37" rubbing issues, but they sacrifice wheel travel to do that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you watch his install video, he talks about how he will try other lift kits when they become available to compare.

AWESOME! Let him be the gunned pig!

(y)

He talks about adjusting the ride height (lift) at the end, but that won't fix the offroad rubbing since that is primarily determined by compressed shock length and not the preload.

If it is the same setup in his previous video, it is 4WP coilovers and 17x8+35 wheels. I think this is close to the setup recommended by 4WP, so we now see that the 4WP solution doesn't work well offroad with 37's unless you can accept significant rubbing. I think the 4WP coilovers are best suited to add 35's to non-SAS Broncos (or 37's for street duty). Note that the King shocks are significantly longer and probably fix the 37" rubbing issues, but they sacrifice wheel travel to do that.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ouch. Couldn't get through the video, all that rubbing was making me cringe. As those 4wp's are adjustable I wonder if he had them cranked up to max height or not? I was originally had a set of the 4wp coilovers but since have decided to go in a different direction.

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
They are adjustable and he did not have them set in the highest settings. He talked about it in the video

Ouch. Couldn't get through the video, all that rubbing was making me cringe. As those 4wp's are adjustable I wonder if he had them cranked up to max height or not? I was originally had a set of the 4wp coilovers but since have decided to go in a different direction.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

They are adjustable and he did not have them set in the highest settings. He talked about it in the video
And that's one of the inherent challenges with lifting IFS.
For sure the Fun Haver was cranked down more..but then check out his inner CV boot.
Ford Bronco Shelby Hall Off-roading a Lifted Bronco on 37s! 93394157-2FB7-47BD-A5A2-9FEE5CA409E6
Sponsored