First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know where people get the the idea that the Bronco cant flex.

This is sway bar disconnected and I still had plenty of room to travel.

Absolutely stellar day - @LikeToTurnLeft killed it in his own Bronco as well. More photos incoming from everyone involved today.

Ford Bronco She's kind of flexy 20211102_124645

Just a random landscape from the trip. Arizona may be hot, but it's second to none for views.
20211102_120125.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

enro

Black Diamond
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Absolutely stellar day - @LikeToTurnLeft killed it in his own Bronco as well. More photos incoming from everyone involved today.
it was good to meet you guys today!

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Transit Connect & 2007 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That was so awesome. Just random Bronco meet up in the wild. Good catch spotting us sitting there. That red looks sharp in person!

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey! It's you!

What a great random chance encounter. :) I'm leaving it to you guys to post the group photos. Boy, that red is amazing in person!

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Transit Connect & 2007 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey! It's you!

What a great random chance encounter. :) I'm leaving it to you guys to post the group photos. Boy, that red is amazing in person!
Like this…
Ford Bronco She's kind of flexy 6F525E5A-3897-4409-A4E7-A9F559CF9F2A

Sponsored

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco She's kind of flexy 6F525E5A-3897-4409-A4E7-A9F559CF9F2A
Did you do any difficult obstacles? If so, did you scrape your control / trailing arm mounts? I did some pretty intense wheeling this past weekend, and those trailing arm mounts were dragging everywhere. The other Broncos in the group had the same issue. Really hoping the aftermarket will come out with some protection soon for those.

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you do any difficult obstacles? If so, did you scrape your control / trailing arm mounts? I did some pretty intense wheeling this past weekend, and those trailing arm mounts were dragging everywhere. The other Broncos in the group had the same issue. Really hoping the aftermarket will come out with some protection soon for those.
Yes sir. I scraped once today and it was the rear lower control arm, just as you say. It was a small scrape but still the only one.

Trail today was a 4 to 5 out of 10 that I've done many times (Box Canyon, AZ), though with the wash outs from the rainy season, I would give it a 6 out of 10 rating.

I did Broken Arrow on Sunday and that's a 7 out of 10. Scraped my tow hooks more, but the same control arm got scuffed.

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You get used to the rear control arms scrapping, they are there for that. The thing is to see if Ford built them strong enough to support the weight of the Bronco resting on them... If like the FJ Cruiser ( who is about the same suspension wise , control arms, UCA, Upper control arms, etc ) The stock arms where not, you either have to change them for beefier ones, or do some redneck box welding around them. Guys would just weld a U shaped box around them to make them stiffer.

Some aftermarket guy will probably come out with skids for the front part like these from Total Chaos on FJs
Ford Bronco She's kind of flexy 48650 INSTALLED

Last edited:

Kmcran

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trail today was a 4 to 5 out of 10 that I've done many times (Box Canyon, AZ), though with the wash outs from the rainy season, I would give it a 6 out of 10 rating.
That's awesome y'all hit up box canyon. I have family out in that area of Arizona and got to ride box canyon in SXSs a couple years ago. I was just talking with my dad about making a trip out that direction either this winter or spring and trailering my bronco and his Polaris for a fun wheeling trip. Cool to see there is already a group of Broncos out there!
Sponsored