Sponsored

Shipped Notice - Rail time to California?

johnston.zach

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
  • Our rail delivery for the '19 Ranger from MAP to Tacoma, WA sat in a holding lot for a week while they determined the delivery date.

• Once that was sorted we had an 8-day notice before delivery was expected at the WA port.

• 2 days later the truck was at the dealership.

Not exactly apples-to-apples, but just to illustrate that rail shipping can be heavily influenced by whoever has right-of-way along certain stretches and number of stops along the way.

I would definitely say its going too take way longer for rail this time around due to the shipping congestions due to covid.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cfbeaver

Cfbeaver

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4, Tesla Model Y, 2021 Bronco 4D BLSQTCH
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They ship them with the tops off and on an open rail car. It may get rained on or birds may poop on it
Lol - well - I spoke to the dealer - and at least they promised that no one would be demoing / driving it and they wouldn't even let anyone sit in it once it gets to them... But ya.. That train ride.... :ROFLMAO:

Tmkimler

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2021 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Screenshot_20210628-224542.png

That's quick! My rail estimate to Phoenix is 7/22-7/28 from this morning's shipped notification.
What salesperson are you dealing with? I’ve been using Daniel since I met him when the Broncos were there on display last year but haven’t been getting any responses lately.

Schnabby

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJL4dr,Raptor6.2,JeepJK2dr,M4Conv,65Must,74CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Congrats! My Raptor took 2 weeks for shipping out to SoCal. Seems to be in line with other comments.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone know how the whole rail thing works…is Ford putting the vehicle on a rail car in Detroit and then it is taken off once and put on a truck? Or are people driving our Broncos every few days on and off different trains??? Is the vehicle out in the open on the train or is it covered or protected in any way?
They are loaded in covered rail cars right next to the plant.

Last edited:

Sponsored

GrabberBlue

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F-150 Raptor, 2021 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What salesperson are you dealing with? I’ve been using Daniel since I met him when the Broncos were there on display last year but haven’t been getting any responses lately.
Travis is who reached out to confirm the order and handle the mod top order change. I haven't heard from him after reaching out a few times so I'm thinking of calling in to get some questions answered.

Jbronc74

First Edition
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 bronco , 2018 expedition, 2021 broncoFE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
so cal here... first edition reservation within minutes and south bay ford in la is telling me nothing...absolutely nothing.. no build date as of yet...

Superthornbird

Everglades
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang, 2015 Outback
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Loaded on a railcar in the Detroit area, either CSX or NS will pick up the car from the auto loading facility, heads west to either Chicago or St.Louis the railcar is then interchanged to either BNSF or UP as either a full train or switched into a different train. if its UP to southern CA its going to go via the "Sunset route"

Attachments

Sponsored

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Loaded on a railcar in the Detroit area, either CSX or NS will pick up the car from the auto loading facility, heads west to either Chicago or St.Louis the railcar is then interchanged to either BNSF or UP as either a full train or switched into a different train. if its UP to southern CA its going to go via the "Sunset route"
Thank you for that map. It is fantastic to see.

Mine was shipped to Oroville, CA. Estimated July 15-21. I would love to know which route for sure as a lot of the rail cars go right next to where I live. I would go and watch train cars looking for a race red Bronco as it passes by me. Can't see much in the vehicle transport cars but I could make it out.

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Great info on the rails! The sad thing is that my Bronco will probably going through Kane County, which is 40ish minutes west of Chicago, in rooot to Grangers! Maybe I can make a deal with Granger to have it dropped off at my house...haha!

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got my shipped email last night - window sticker says "RAIL" for delivery, and the email says 7/12-7/18 delivery to Northern California? That seems pretty quick?

Spoke with my dealer (Michael Stead's Ford) - and they said I'm not only the first they've gotten for a delivery notification but still the only one of their orders to even get scheduled. Feeling pretty lucky.

Anyone else in California gotten shipping / delivery info yet?

Can't wait to see my Badlands w/ Squatch & Lux in Shadow Black.

- CB
I'm in northeastern PA. Sticker states "RAIL". I received my "Built" email on June 24th. I stopped by my dealer and they confirmed it was on the train on Friday the 25th. Just under 600 miles. The Bronco will be dropped in Delaware and shipped by truck to the dealer. Expected delivery: July 12th to July 18th, same as you. Dealer told me its typically a 10 day train ride. Sounds long but he's the one that knows. The train trip should be just under 600 miles.

Your train ride is over 2,000 miles. I'm hoping I am pleasently suprised that my Bronco beats the expected delivery date. I'm going to have to drive by the dealer and make sure they aren't driving it around for a week! :):):) :cry: :):):)

AbeFroman

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Another data point: 6/25 Gate release, estimated to be delivered to Granger Motors, Inc. between 7/14/2021 & 7/20/2021.

Yours left later and could arrive before mine, while going 4x the distance... Did Elon make a new tunnel or something?
Sponsored