Shipping By Rail ETA accuracy

Thekev87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Got my email today that my bronco has shipped. I'm trying to get an idea of the timing. It is being shipped by rail to South Jersey. Shipped date is 10/20. My trackers say delivery between 11/5 and 11/11. Talked to my dealer and he said his stuff reads my bronco is at the railyard in MI with a 11/11 to 11/18 delivery estimate, but also noted that it could be an inaccurate estimate

People who have taken delivery by rail...how did your delivery date compare to your ETA?
Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got my email today that my bronco has shipped. I'm trying to get an idea of the timing. It is being shipped by rail to South Jersey. Shipped date is 10/20. My trackers say delivery between 11/5 and 11/11. Talked to my dealer and he said his stuff reads my bronco is at the railyard in MI with a 11/11 to 11/18 delivery estimate, but also noted that it could be an inaccurate estimate

People who have taken delivery by rail...how did your delivery date compare to your ETA?
Depends on where you live. My Bronco has been sitting at the railhead in KC for 12 days now, I'm 2 days over my estimated shipping window. They have a huge backlog of vehicles up there because there is a shortage in transport truckers. My dealership has been waiting on an FE that has been stuck up there for 4 weeks now (it's an abandoned order so I guess they don't have a customer beating them up about it, not sure what that did for the priority shipping....).

I'm starting to think I may never see my Bronco........

Last edited:

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine arrived about 3 weeks early. But there was at least one other Bronco for that dealership that got left at the rail yard for a week longer than mine. They get theirs today.

As stated above. The hold up often seems to be getting them from the rail yard to the dealership due to transport shortage.

Last edited:

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Took 15 days to get from MI to AZ via rail. Been sitting at the rail yard 3-4 days now as well.

I was quoted a delivery of 10/29 - 11/02.

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My est. shipping was 20 days, it took 24. 4 of those days in railyard waiting for transport.

Sponsored

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
At my dealer 4 days earlier than the estimate from Ford.

OP
OP

Thekev87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think things are going decently at the railyards in the Philly area from what I've heard, where it would be dropped off. Just a matter of timing to get there from Michigan I think

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
From what I was told, the rail yard is not first in- first out. My Bronco came into the dealer 3 days early and at the same time with another Bronco that had been in the rail yard a week longer.
Sponsored