First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford FE Bronco, 2013 Toyota Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Last night I received an email from ford notifying me of a second delay in my arrival date on the bronco. What concerns me is that it email starts with "To ensure your complete satisfaction, we will require additional time before the bronco is delivered". I'm wondering if there was some issue during the shipping process or if it was shipped back to the plant.

My build date was 6/24 and I live in Northwest Arkansas (rail) so if the new timeframe is accurate then it will be nearly 2 months in shipping. My dealer doesn't know how to access the railcar information which is frustrating because I work in the railcar industry and already trace railcars all the time.

I'm curious if anyone else here has experienced anything similar or have any ideas of what might be happening or do I just need to relax?

Ford Bronco Shipping Delay(s) Ford.PNG
Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Last night I received an email from ford notifying me of a second delay in my arrival date on the bronco. What concerns me is that it email starts with "To ensure your complete satisfaction, we will require additional time before the bronco is delivered". I'm wondering if there was some issue during the shipping process or if it was shipped back to the plant.

My build date was 6/24 and I live in Northwest Arkansas (rail) so if the new timeframe is accurate then it will be nearly 2 months in shipping. My dealer doesn't know how to access the railcar information which is frustrating because I work in the railcar industry and already trace railcars all the time.

I'm curious if anyone else here has experienced anything similar or have any ideas of what might be happening or do I just need to relax?

Looking at the language, and the timing, to state the obvious, it seems like something was damaged, or found to be damaged, after manufacture and before/during shipping!

MustangRanch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT350, 11 GT500, 20 GT500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ugh. Sorry to hear.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's an FE, so I'm betting it's related to the MIC top problems, at minimum.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hard top is fucked.

Sponsored

YTFORD

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST & 2020 GT PP2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We got the same email about our OBX delivery being pushed back. This is our first delivery push back email.

The wife and I agree it is probably MIC top related. To ensure your complete satisfaction, we will require additional time before your 2021 Bronco™ OUTER BANKS is delivered to Maxwell Ford.

I mean how can you read that and it not scream "jacked up top"

So now we wait an extra week or so. At least hopefully it will fix some issue.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Betting it’s a jacked up top. Expect this more and more until webasto gets their shit together. I’m in production and scheduled to build my OBX on 8/5. I have every expectation it will be built and delayed.

Dro

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 Door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If shipments are being delayed imagine those that are built since 6/28 with no shipment email at all :cry::cry::cry:

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dollar's to doughnuts it is the MIC top. There are a bunch of people on here with built confirmations but no shipping email and the common denominator seems to be the MIC top. Most soft tops are getting shipped relatively quickly after being built. There have also been a bunch of pics of the MAP yard posted showing hardtop Broncos with the words "Bad Top" scribbled on the side.

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
problem solved --- just call ford and tell them you will take a soft top ;) :ROFLMAO: 👍
and that goes for the rest of ya'll that wants their bronco NOW !!!!!

Then ford can shift its attention to my 2Door;)🙃🐴

Sponsored
OP
OP

alind006

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford FE Bronco, 2013 Toyota Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well, sounds like everyone is in agreement in that it's the top (my dealer guessed it was as well). The real question might be whether or not the new ETA is worth $.02 or if broncos with bad tops go in front of the line to get "good"ones. Man what a mess.

Worst part is I sold my other car and need to get the bronco bought before the 45 days runs out to help offset the taxes. It's going to be tight.

On the plus side I've been driving my 1970 bronco daily while I've been waiting. I should probably just stick with it. Not to brag, but it has a fancy painted white top with no visible honeycomb pattern.

Pitpup

Black Diamond
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Mustang GT, 2008 Ford Ranger Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

problem solved --- just call ford and tell them you will take a soft top ;) :ROFLMAO: 👍
and that goes for the rest of ya'll that wants their bronco NOW !!!!!

Then ford can shift its attention to my 2Door;)🙃🐴
Funny you say this! I just got off the phone with my dealer. I asked him his advice on me switching my 2 dr. MIC Badlands 2.3 7 MT High to a 4 door soft top, or maybe even go as far as a 4 door soft top Big Bend Squatch 2.7 10AT, just so I might get something this year. He said the system is now swollen with 4 door soft top builds, and mostly Big Bend. Said if I can continue to be patient, I should wait for what I truly want and let the MIC issues get straightened out. So yeah, I'm all for shifting attention to 2 door!

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, sounds like everyone is in agreement in that it's the top (my dealer guessed it was as well). The real question might be whether or not the new ETA is worth $.02 or if broncos with bad tops go in front of the line to get "good"ones. Man what a mess.

Worst part is I sold my other car and need to get the bronco bought before the 45 days runs out to help offset the taxes. It's going to be tight.

On the plus side I've been driving my 1970 bronco daily while I've been waiting. I should probably just stick with it. Not to brag, but it has a fancy painted white top with no visible honeycomb pattern.
From the 6/30 thread I've been hanging out in, they are fixing later build first. Numerous ones built after mine have headed out already.

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The real question might be whether or not the new ETA is worth $.02 or if broncos with bad tops go in front of the line to get "good"ones. Man what a mess.
There's been speculation that the "Bad Top" Broncos will be remedied next week during the MAP Shutdown. Shame that some have been sitting for weeks waiting for that time to come though.
Sponsored