jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Your build date may still be accurate, but it may reflect the completion of the build without a top (or at least a top that passed QC). Could also be a reason for why the order is funky in the system - it's "built", but not ready for delivery. I highly doubt it has anything to do with stalled delivery, or damaged during delivery, particularly if others are getting the same email.
Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There's been speculation that the "Bad Top" Broncos will be remedied next week during the MAP Shutdown. Shame that some have been sitting for weeks waiting for that time to come though
This is easy to believe given OP now has a 8/7-8/13 delivery. They must be fixing/replacing the top between now and next week to hit that delivery.

YTFORD

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST & 2020 GT PP2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wife and I are fine waiting a little longer if it means we dont get a messed up top. I dont want a soft top so an extra week is fine I guess. To be honest Im glad someone caught the issue during QC then to get it home and immediately have problems.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, sounds like everyone is in agreement in that it's the top (my dealer guessed it was as well). The real question might be whether or not the new ETA is worth $.02 or if broncos with bad tops go in front of the line to get "good"ones. Man what a mess.

Worst part is I sold my other car and need to get the bronco bought before the 45 days runs out to help offset the taxes. It's going to be tight.

On the plus side I've been driving my 1970 bronco daily while I've been waiting. I should probably just stick with it. Not to brag, but it has a fancy painted white top with no visible honeycomb pattern.
as far as your tax problem goes. check with your DMV and see if you can register the new vehicle before delivery. if you have the VIN, it should not be a problem. that way you will not lose your tax credit for the taxes paid in your former vehicle. the dealer might require a down payment and a purchase contract, but you might be able to save some money...

OP
OP

alind006

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford FE Bronco, 2013 Toyota Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
as far as your tax problem goes. check with your DMV and see if you can register the new vehicle before delivery. if you have the VIN, it should not be a problem. that way you will not lose your tax credit for the taxes paid in your former vehicle. the dealer might require a down payment and a purchase contract, but you might be able to save some money...
Thank you for the heads up. I'll give it a try.

Sponsored

JollyFolly

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

problem solved --- just call ford and tell them you will take a soft top ;) :ROFLMAO: 👍
and that goes for the rest of ya'll that wants their bronco NOW !!!!!

Then ford can shift its attention to my 2Door;)🙃🐴
I havent received the email, but I am stuck in Production since 6/18. I have a soft top. That might shed light on an issue somewhere else... I will keep everyone posted if I get the email.

YTFORD

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST & 2020 GT PP2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Funny thing is the wife was told by the dealership that our Bronco is in Cincinnati Ohio. So I don't know what the hell to think.

bigbeyer

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Dollar's to doughnuts it is the MIC top. There are a bunch of people on here with built confirmations but no shipping email and the common denominator seems to be the MIC top. Most soft tops are getting shipped relatively quickly after being built. There have also been a bunch of pics of the MAP yard posted showing hardtop Broncos with the words "Bad Top" scribbled on the side.
i would like to agree with you, but im on day 10 of being built, 3 days over my estimated shipping day, and i have a soft top, with none of the other items on broncos that were casuing issues. so its not just the MIC tops

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i would like to agree with you, but im on day 10 of being built, 3 days over my estimated shipping day, and i have a soft top, with none of the other items on broncos that were casuing issues. so its not just the MIC tops
What is your exact build? My soft top was built on Tuesday and shipped this morning. I wonder if the chip shortage is starting to come into play?

My build: BL - 4door - cactus - soft top - 2.3 - manual - MGV - high - opt wheels

bigbeyer

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What is your exact build? My soft top was built on Tuesday and shipped this morning. I wonder if the chip shortage is starting to come into play?

My build: BL - 4door - cactus - soft top - 2.3 - manual - MGV - high - opt wheels
Mine is a 4dr big bend, 2.3L Auto soft top with the mid package, and keypad entry, 06/30 blend, built email 07/12. still waiting on shipment
Sponsored