James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Much like Robert Langdon in the Da Vinci Code, I’m trying to decipher the clues.

has anyone had a rail delivery per their window sticker have their truck just show up? With no trackers or email updates?

I see plenty of evidence that it’s happened via convoy
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The vast majority of vehicles are shipped via rail to a nearby railyard, and then transferred over to a car hauler for the "last mile" delivery. Your profile says you are in Los Angeles... so if that is true, there is a 99.99% chance that it is shipped via rail.

The rail cars themselves typically have trackers on them, but none of the tracking information is exposed via Ford's website so you will not get UPS/FedEx style tracking updates. The car haulers that do the last mile delivery almost never have trackers on them, and that's usually the part of the delivery that is most frustrating. Your Bronco can be sitting in a rail yard somewhere for a solid week before the truck picks it up for the final delivery to your dealership.

But to answer your question, usually your dealer will contact you to tell you your vehicle has arrived well before Ford's tracking information is updated.

OP
OP

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The vast majority of vehicles are shipped via rail to a nearby railyard, and then transferred over to a car hauler for the "last mile" delivery. Your profile says you are in Los Angeles... so if that is true, there is a 99.99% chance that it is shipped via rail.

The rail cars themselves typically have trackers on them, but none of the tracking information is exposed via Ford's website so you will not get UPS/FedEx style tracking updates. The car haulers that do the last mile delivery almost never have trackers on them, and that's usually the part of the delivery that is most frustrating. Your Bronco can be sitting in a rail yard somewhere for a solid week before the truck picks it up for the final delivery to your dealership.

But to answer your question, usually your dealer will contact you to tell you your vehicle has arrived well before Ford's tracking information is updated.
Gotcha - yes this is definitely going to ship via rail (per my window sticker) with a demarcation point of Mira Loma. What I'm wondering is if anyone has had first hand experience with their truck being delivered via rail (per WS) without the ford tracker and their dealer visibility report ever marking it as shipped?

Mine has been showing built, released, awaiting delivery since 12/26. Obviously if it was updated appropriately (which according to the vehicle visibility report, it is the same (released)) than I'd be able to get a rail car number. But since every tracker seems to not show it's shipped, I cannot get that information.

I'm hoping that over the holidays someone just didn't scan it properly and it is, in fact, almost home.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gotcha - yes this is definitely going to ship via rail (per my window sticker) with a demarcation point of Mira Loma. What I'm wondering is if anyone has had first hand experience with their truck being delivered via rail (per WS) without the ford tracker and their dealer visibility report ever marking it as shipped?

Mine has been showing built, released, awaiting delivery since 12/26. Obviously if it was updated appropriately (which according to the vehicle visibility report, it is the same (released)) than I'd be able to get a rail car number. But since every tracker seems to not show it's shipped, I cannot get that information.

I'm hoping that over the holidays someone just didn't scan it properly and it is, in fact, almost home.
Truthfully the rail yards in LA were all kinds of jacked up due to the delays at the port. So won’t be surprised if it is stuck somewhere. Things should be improving now that the holidays are over, but it’s still a mess.

But your best bet is to have your dealer pull up a Vehicle Visibility Report. That should show you roughly where your vehicle is and/or where I may be waiting.

OP
OP

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Truthfully the rail yards in LA were all kinds of jacked up due to the delays at the port. So won’t be surprised if it is stuck somewhere. Things should be improving now that the holidays are over, but it’s still a mess.

But your best bet is to have your dealer pull up a Vehicle Visibility Report. That should show you roughly where your vehicle is and/or where I may be waiting.
Yup - and I've done that - but it still shows at MAP, awaiting shipment. So I'm trying to see if anyone has had a situation in which that never updated but their truck arrived via rail.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup - and I've done that - but it still shows at MAP, awaiting shipment. So I'm trying to see if anyone has had a situation in which that never updated but their truck arrived via rail.
Ahhh… if the Vehicle Visibility Report still says it’s at MAP it probably still is literally at MAP. I’ve never seen a Vehicle Visibility Report more than 48 hours behind reality.

There was a post on here a few weeks ago where a bunch of late December builds were stuck at MAP for some unknown reason. I know the future owners of those Broncos were trying to figure it out, not sure if they found anything. If I were to guess it was/is probably a QC issue or a component that is preventing the vehicle from being shipped.

I would check the Bronco6G post for your particular build week and see if anyone else found anything out.

OP
OP

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ahhh… if the Vehicle Visibility Report still says it’s at MAP it probably still is literally at MAP.

There was a post on here a few weeks ago where a bunch of late December builds were stuck at MAP for some unknown reason. I know the future owners of those Broncos were trying to figure it out, not sure if they found anything. If I were to guess it was/is probably a QC issue or a component that is preventing the vehicle from being shipped.

I would check the Bronco6G post for your particular build week and see if anyone else found anything out.
Yes - I am part of that build week. I also am released from MAP so I don't think that it would be a QC hold for my particular build if they were to release me from the plant...right? Doesn't make sense that would be the case. So I really can only surmise I was shipped and nothing was updated.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes - I am part of that build week. I also am released from MAP so I don't think that it would be a QC hold for my particular build if they were to release me from the plant...right? Doesn't make sense that would be the case. So I really can only surmise I was shipped and nothing was updated.
Eh, yeah, your guess is as good as mine.

Could be “released” but a last minute issue popped up or was discovered after it had been released. Or it could be the recent rail workers labor conflicts that is jamming stuff up (I believe it is now a full-on union strike). Or it could also be there is literally no room in the LA rail yards to ship your Bronco.

I could see a Bronco here and there that had incorrect status in Ford’s system. Maybe someone mistakenly forgot to scan that particular Bronco. But highly unlikely that a bunch of people from a specific build week would all have incorrect statuses in Ford’s system. So my guess is it literally still is at MAP.

Sarconus

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Bronco shipped out last week and has been stuck in Chicago for last 4 days. I still dont have a windows sticker.

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I live in Sol Cal and mine is convey. Ok kinda a trick, I am taking delivery in Ohio and driving back to CA. After seeing this shipping issue,s I think I will be faster even with stopping to visit!

Sponsored

Chick

Badlands
First Name
Chick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modified 2005 Subaru STi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Bronco shipped out last week and has been stuck in Chicago for last 4 days. I still dont have a windows sticker.
I've seen it said somewhere on here that window sticks come like a week after you get the truck.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have had my bronco since November, just to tell you that rail shit will take 1 month from the time you get notice. All hind site 20/20. Thank got thats over. Patients is a virtue.

OP
OP

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had my bronco since November, just to tell you that rail shit will take 1 month from the time you get notice. All hind site 20/20. Thank got thats over. Patients is a virtue.
thanks mate. Yup, I figured as much. Just been anxious for it to get going. Now I don't mind the wait as long as it's moving.
Sponsored