Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Crosstrek xv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My dealer in MD (Apple Ford, Columbia MD) said they'd meet what ever was promised by the other dealer. **I've bought two Fords from this dealer so don't think they'd lie about it. Sent them the web site.
Wow, that's way closer to me than Stephens. Have to give them a call.
Sponsored

buckthis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150, Ford Focus, Buick Enclave, Toyota CH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I sent the details to 2 local Ford dealers here in SEPa. The 1st didn't respond presumably after looking at the deal. (Springfield Ford) and the 2nd started slinging mud in the chat before he could even have really looked at the deal. "These are the kind of things sleazy dealers do to get reservations. You'll never see the truck" Garnet Ford. Thanks for your time...
I’ve done the same thing. No response from one dealer. Encountered a interested salesman named Marcus at Shiver Ford in Montgomery, Al. He actually got on the Forum site while I had him on the phone. Later confirmed his GM said his dealership couldn’t touch the Granger/Stephen’s deal that they have more than 500 reservations.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Don't expect any dealer to kya to get a deal on the Bronco. Don't even expect them to be courteous. They know the Bronco is going to be a hot seller. And they have zero need to drop any kind of discounts. They know if you don't buy someone else will. The one's who are offering the deep discounts have their own agendas too. They are going for that high volume bonus.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
GM said his dealership couldn’t touch the Granger/Stephen’s deal that they have more than 500 reservations.
lottsa dealers have lottsa reservations NOW...wait till everyone makes their final dealer selection.

One thing I do find suspicious is that no one is even getting CLOSE to granger/stephens; I would have expected more of a bell curve

JB93

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The problem I see for these dealers offering to match a few select dealers who have gone with the below invoice strategy is that their name will be plastered all over the internet and every buyer in the future will walk in with their hand out expecting $1300 below invoice. I'm not in the car biz...but I would think in the long run the dealers who try to maximize their profit on 1000's of broncos over the next 10 years will make more money than those who dropped their pants for 500 reservations that could forever paint them into the corner of being the low price point guy for Broncos. I'm down with buying from one of the price leaders...but I think the long game is better for dealers who try to sell at fair market price vs lowest possible price.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like there are going to be MANY disappointed/pissed people who move their reservations to these dealers making crazy promises. I'm going to play it safe and stick with where my reservation is so I don't get screwed out of my Bronco, good luck to all though.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I purchase most of my cars out of state. Have you ever purchase anything out of state? Same difference. It is just a purchase.

Not sure why people are concerned about buying cars out of state.

I am also looking into the Stephens West VA deal they are offering. Most dealers in FL I am sure will react the same way you expressed. Ive never purchased a vehicle out of state and am a bit skeptical to be honest, but the savings might change my mind as it is only a 12hr road trip from Daytona FL .. And the drive back will be GREAT! Below invoice ? Thoughts on amount we would be saving ?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
these dealers making crazy promises
thing is....hard to tell what 'crazy' actually is. Most dealerships have the attention span of a 10-year-old - they only care about today. And since...for all practical purposes...Bronco retail sales off the lot are a 2022 activity, they're not even interested in learning about it.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Given the complete and utter transparency of Granger do you really think you are going to get screwed?

Most dealers won't even respond once and Granger has 1300+ post here.

Stephens/Granger is a sweet deal indeed. But aside from their web posting, do any folks here have any actual experience with them in buying a vehicle?

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer in MD (Apple Ford, Columbia MD) said they'd meet what ever was promised by the other dealer. **I've bought two Fords from this dealer so don't think they'd lie about it. Sent them the web site.
i sent Apple Ford this info months ago and heard crickets. we need to get this in writing!

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Given the complete and utter transparency of Granger
I'm more in Stephens country. Once I finish B&P I'll ask them for an email confirming price/fees; then its off to the races.

One thought I've had though...let's assume the 2 price leaders do 20+ thousand transactions, which they might actually exceed. Now....what about all the computer web sites that track transaction prices...the ones non-forum members check? I can envision this discounting keeping Bronco prices depressed for some time.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i sent Apple Ford this info months ago and heard crickets. we need to get this in writing!
I'm absolutely fine with not hearing much from a dealer, it's all speculation until you put the contract in. They can make all the promises in the world.

OP
OP
Vooch

Vooch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Crosstrek xv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just got on chat and left my info, waiting on a sales call

Hacksaw

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Don't expect any dealer to kya to get a deal on the Bronco. Don't even expect them to be courteous. They know the Bronco is going to be a hot seller. And they have zero need to drop any kind of discounts. They know if you don't buy someone else will. The one's who are offering the deep discounts have their own agendas too. They are going for that high volume bonus.
Maybe I'm wrong, but this is my thought with reaching out to dealers. The smaller town dealers who don't do quite the volume as the big ones would get a bigger benefit by a volume spike. But they also have to worry about if they could process the volume.

They have to decide if making a little/nothing off each Bronco, but the high volume would benefit their rebates on their other sales, is worth it. Also think they would take into account possible profits on trade-ins.

But then again, I'm just a finance guy, not a car dealer.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe I'm wrong, but this is my thought with reaching out to dealers. The smaller town dealers who don't do quite the volume as the big ones would get a bigger benefit by a volume spike. But they also have to worry about if they could process the volume.

They have to decide if making a little/nothing off each Bronco, but the high volume would benefit their rebates on their other sales, is worth it. Also think they would take into account possible profits on trade-ins.

But then again, I'm just a finance guy, not a car dealer.
Usually the one's offering way below MSRP do this all the time. They make more money selling high volume than they would selling many less units at a higher profit. Koons is a perfect example. They sell Wranglers all day long for 6-10% under MSRP. People fly in from around the country to buy from them because the deals are so good. It's funny though knowing this and then hearing they already said they were selling Broncos for over MSRP. Don't know what their end game is on this one.
Sponsored