Sponsored

Should Ford implement limited custom color program?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Currently a limited number of high-end auto manufacturers offer a European Delivery program or historic color pallet that customers pay a bit more and get a custom build or color. Typically these are Germanic brands such as BMW, Audi, RUFF, Porsche.

Now that type of program has "trickled down" to Renault. Now, whatever you feel about a government subsidized mainstream manufacture (talking about Renault, not Ford, obviously), it's amazing that they are offering a custom color pallet.

First model year ONLY, 26 different colors to pick from, and a limited run of only 110 made in any of the 26 colors (a play on the car's model number).

How many of you would be interested to pay a premium for that sort of individuality?

Here's the A110 program, and I think a huge number of people on here have expressed interest in paying more for a custom color. Time to put that money where your mouth is!

https://www.alpinecars.com/en/modele-a110-color-edition-2020/

https://jalopnik.com/alpine-has-successfully-weaponized-nostalgia-again-1845907104

At only a $70,000 mark-up from a standard A110, I bet Ford could get that number down to less than $50K mark-up for custom paint on the Bronco. Okay, who's with me? The griping and moaning about custom colors ends here, lets get out the checkbooks and show Ford what we're willing to pay for!
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The key would be Ford having nothing to do with selecting optional colors. There's not a more tone-deaf person in the world than whoever selects Ford colors.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I recall Henry saying that I could have any color that I want......

Ok, I am not quite that old.

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Currently a limited number of high-end auto manufacturers offer a European Delivery program or historic color pallet that customers pay a bit more and get a custom build or color. Typically these are Germanic brands such as BMW, Audi, RUFF, Porsche.

Now that type of program has "trickled down" to Renault. Now, whatever you feel about a government subsidized mainstream manufacture (talking about Renault, not Ford, obviously), it's amazing that they are offering a custom color pallet.

First model year ONLY, 26 different colors to pick from, and a limited run of only 110 made in any of the 26 colors (a play on the car's model number).

How many of you would be interested to pay a premium for that sort of individuality?

Here's the A110 program, and I think a huge number of people on here have expressed interest in paying more for a custom color. Time to put that money where your mouth is!

https://www.alpinecars.com/en/modele-a110-color-edition-2020/

https://jalopnik.com/alpine-has-successfully-weaponized-nostalgia-again-1845907104

At only a $70,000 mark-up from a standard A110, I bet Ford could get that number down to less than $50K mark-up for custom paint on the Bronco. Okay, who's with me? The griping and moaning about custom colors ends here, lets get out the checkbooks and show Ford what we're willing to pay for!
I'd do it in a heatbeat

Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Okay, we got 1 other person in for the extra $70,000 paint charge!
I read the article as $70,000 for the base A110. In any case, I don't think I'm too attached to any color to pay more than a couple thousand for. Before I decided to go all out on my build I was considering bumping from Base to Big Bend for mid-package and Area 51 for the $6600 up charge.

edit: looking at the UK configurator, looks like $6,000 for the unique color. I think that would price me out.

OP
OP
Rick Astley

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Uh, no, not paying $70000 for custom paint. Just meant if it was a few thousand more overall, I’d do it.
Yea, but this is what it costs to divert global supply chain manufacturing to the individual customer needs!

Heck, yellow seat belts in a 911 are over $2,000.

There was a LOT of bitching and moaning about Ford not catering to individuals on here. This is the way forward people! Didn't you want the $200,000 personalized Bronco?

Can we at least still be butthurt about the grab handle colors and Ford not supplying a colored ink pen?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rick Astley

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It's not a $70k upcharge for paint. It's about $6k
For the Renault, a company that has no provision for custom painting, it's approximately $70,000.

Apples to apples here, Ford has no provision for custom painting and diverting their supply chain on an individual basis. Their actual price might be well in excess of $70K once you factor labor, materials and paint color conversion time in the booth.

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yea, but this is what it costs to divert global supply chain manufacturing to the individual customer needs!

Heck, yellow seat belts in a 911 are over $2,000.

There was a LOT of bitching and moaning about Ford not catering to individuals on here. This is the way forward people! Didn't you want the $200,000 personalized Bronco?

Can we at least still be butthurt about the grab handle colors and Ford not supplying a colored ink pen?
? Ok, now I got you.
I'm not that desperate for color of my choice. The choices right now are fine. If they come out with a nice green, maybe with tan upholstery, I'll trade in whatever I have and go for that.
Ford Bronco Should Ford implement limited custom color program? 1608339527162

Kills me though, I got a car repainted (slightly different shade) about '97 or so and it was about $2000. That same job today? Who knows.

Milamdj

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Or take that premium you are paying and get a high quality paint job. /shrug

Toastedtostito

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not sure if I am understanding this thread properly, but the way I am understanding it is awesome. Way to go! Time to stop the constant crying about not being able to receive a bronco in "Lackadaisical Lavander" (or whatever) straight from the factory!!

...Although Lackadaisical Lavander might look pretty interesting
Sponsored