First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Its my understanding that legally one can sell MY22 car after Jan 1, 2021. Should/could Ford just launch with MY22 for an extended production run?

Orders and deliveries would still start and proceed on the same timeline as we are currently expecting but would just have the MY22 designation.

This would make things easier for them to get all reservations into one model year and not have to do a production changeover just a few months after production is ramped up.
Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It would certainly make ordering my ManSquatch a straightforward process.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Other than the MT squatch, the rest of the changes planned for MY22 are all cosmetic, and only in color choices. Resale values for the same vehicle between MY21 and MY22 aren't going to be different except for mileage.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The further away from 2020 the better. ?

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t care what MY my Bronco is. Just build it and get it to me.

OP
OP

JonChicago

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't care what year it is, as long as it's the first year.
This is exactly what I'm thinking as well. Everyone with a res gets a first model year.

I can see ford not wanting the headline, "Ford cancels MY21 Bronco" which someone will certainly run with. As long as they can keep the revised timeline it will be a better option to launch with MY22.

CinciGP

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`72 Jeep CJ6, `04 Jeep Rubicon, '18 Jeep JLU sport, `09 Mercedes CLK550
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am a first 12 hour reservation and i agree just go with model year 22. I am not expecting to see mine before other manufacturers 2022s start hitting the lot. I will be surprised if the FEs get built in the actual 2021 model year.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
100,000? April/May - November build time in the same factory as the ranger. Unless they don’t build 1 ranger there is no way in hell that’s happening.

OspreyFE55

Badlands
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Smart ForTwo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

100,000 wouldnt be that bad to pull off! I found an article from 2019 that goes into detail on what Toyota produces, here is a small snippet --

What is amazing is the speed at which high production cars and trucks can be turned out. Toyota releases a substantial amount of information about their production procedures and figures. They estimate that a well appointed car, truck or SUV takes about 17 to 18 hours to assemble. Other manufacturers have similar numbers. Some lesser appointed vehicles can be assembled as quickly as 11 hours.

The surprising part is that they are coming off the production floor about one vehicle every 45 to 90 seconds. The largest plants are turning out over 400,000 cars a year.

Also according to another article on quora.com, Ford produces 88 F250s per hour running on 2 assembly lines at their Kentucky plant.
***Quick math just based on 1 work shift (8 hours) for 52 weeks shows 183,000 units per year. That's 1 shift! Having 2 shifts and splitting times between the ranger and Bronco would churn out about 90k a year!
Sponsored

Last edited: