First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Imagine the bad publicity, marketing nightmare and $$$. So no, Ford will not cancel MY21.
Sponsored

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ford says summer delivery 2021, so if everything goes perfect we are looking at August....the 8th month of 2021. Odds are things will not go perfectly, they might as well admit it's gonna be a 2022 bronco and start delivery in late 2021 if they can. Honestly, I have realized that this whole reservation gimmick by ford has been nothing but a scheme to pitch to wall street to help support stock prices through tough times....I am really excited about getting my bronco and I made a reservation the first day I found out about the new bronco wich was in late July.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Imagine the bad publicity, marketing nightmare and $$$. So no, Ford will not cancel MY21.
It can be easily explained as wanting all of the early adopters to get the same Broncos. Since it doesn't change the shipping date, it's nothing other than a VIN digit and paper. Same vehicle, just a slightly different label. The Mustang was originally introduced as a '65 even though it was built beginning in March and introduced in April. It actually makes much more sense because all reservation holders could end up with '22 Broncos. And, if Ford was really smart, they'd hold off any model-year changes until '23. Depending on how many reservations convert to orders, a '22 could be known as a "reservation holder" Bronco, while '23+ would be regular retail Broncos. I see zero negatives and only positives here.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Changing the model year designation doesn't affect the delivery date.

Personally, I'd give up the Ford Pass points they're offering me to have mine labeled a '22 and delivered at the same time it would have been. The increased resale value more than makes up for it.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In what direction?

Sponsored

RLIRL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Octane ZSR
Your Bronco Model
Base
look at it objectively, they’re committed to the prices they’ve advertised. They’ve clearly under-anticipated demand, and now know they could charge more. From a business perspective, it makes sense they would do a small run of 21’s to make good on the original advertised price, then raise the price for 22’s. If they switched all MY’s to 22, they’d be stuck with those prices for until MY23, they know they’d be leaving money on the table for a whole year. Sorry, it might not be what you want to hear, but it’s realistic. Expect it, and be pleasantly surprised if they don’t jack them up.

So, no, don’t skip the MY21.

sincerely,
A 7/14 reservation holder

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I say no since I'm thinking I can get a MY21 based on their build schedule and being a day 2 reservation holder (2am) . With not as many being made for MY21, they should be slightly more valuable...

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
look at it objectively, they’re committed to the prices they’ve advertised. They’ve clearly under-anticipated demand, and now know they could charge more. From a business perspective, it makes sense they would do a small run of 21’s to make good on the original advertised price, then raise the price for 22’s. If they switched all MY’s to 22, they’d be stuck with those prices for until MY23, they know they’d be leaving money on the table for a whole year. Sorry, it might not be what you want to hear, but it’s realistic. Expect it, and be pleasantly surprised if they don’t jack them up.

So, no, don’t skip the MY21.

sincerely,
A 7/14 reservation holder
Ford (and other manufacturers) have changed prices mid-model year. In fact, Ford is "committed" to anything. The pricing on B&P is not an obligation. The only thing Ford needs to do to keep face is keep the Base model 2-door at $29,995 so that they could still keep saying "from $29,995". Even then, if they wanted to make more money, they could cut standard equipment and make it optional. Long answer short, Ford could set any price they want at any time. The only time they are committed to a price is when an order is complete.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Its my understanding that legally one can sell MY22 car after Jan 1, 2021. Should/could Ford just launch with MY22 for an extended production run?

Orders and deliveries would still start and proceed on the same timeline as we are currently expecting but would just have the MY22 designation.

This would make things easier for them to get all reservations into one model year and not have to do a production changeover just a few months after production is ramped up.
That is creative thinking- maybe Ford should hire you.
Sponsored