Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Other than a small contingent that wants the supposed cool factor of a limited run first model year, I feel you'll find most would agree or jump on board with many more delays.

Txchewy

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I suspect there is a price increase planned for MY22. My dealer didn't respond when I asked if I ordered a mansquatch (likely MY22) my price would be locked in. I suspect they believe MY22 ressies will get options along with a slight price increase. Seems to be the way the game works and has been baked into the model if I had to guess.

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They did the same thing with the RS. I got my 2016 on Dec 28, 2016. Not sure how they figure shit out because I got my 2016 AFTER some people got their 2017s. And it's not like there were tons of options for the RS - you either got the RS1 package or the RS2.

Ford's awesome with this sort of stuff.

grewhi

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati MC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I talked to my dealer and they said i was on top of the list so heck no. I want my MY21. I wonder if it will add collector value.

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I talked to my dealer and they said i was on top of the list so heck no. I want my MY21. I wonder if it will add collector value.
Probably, but not during my lifetime...

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its my understanding that legally one can sell MY22 car after Jan 1, 2021. Should/could Ford just launch with MY22 for an extended production run?

Orders and deliveries would still start and proceed on the same timeline as we are currently expecting but would just have the MY22 designation.

This would make things easier for them to get all reservations into one model year and not have to do a production changeover just a few months after production is ramped up.
I'd prefer they do the Mustang thing and just call them '22s. It would certainly reward us early adopters with not taking a depreciation hit just because our Bronco was 2 months older than someone else's.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

They did the same thing with the RS. I got my 2016 on Dec 28, 2016. Not sure how they figure shit out because I got my 2016 AFTER some people got their 2017s. And it's not like there were tons of options for the RS - you either got the RS1 package or the RS2.

Ford's awesome with this sort of stuff.
Don’t be too harsh on Ford they have only been doing this for 117 years, they need a little more time to get it right.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I reserved hours after launch (once the website started working lol) and I wouldn’t mind this. He’s not saying delay the bronco further but making them all ‘22 MY makes sense.

Should someone get a ‘21 while you get a ‘22 just because they ordered mid package and you ordered lux? Just make them all the same to prevent people from getting upset

Last edited:

Sponsored

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Resale values for the same vehicle between MY21 and MY22 aren't going to be different except for mileage.
If you go to sell in 3 years you will most definitely see the difference in a model year 2021 versus a 2022 with the same mileage.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Says 7/14 on mine, but Ill be pissed if they cancelled cause a few people aint getting '21s
Sponsored