jaehun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lexus es 350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi Guys!
i am about to crazy waiting 2door bronco in my hand!
but i am a little bit worried because I will be moving to FLORIDA from NEW JERSEY next year june or july.
should i change dealer to FLORIDA? or buy bronco from NJ dealer and change license and other stuff to FLORIDA?
always you guys are really helpful and thank you in advance!
Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
What would the tax situation be? That would be my first question. It would suck to have to pay both states, That could get expensive quick....

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I beleave Florida has no sales tax buy in florida

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

New Jersey sales tax for a vehicle is 6.625%, registration is $59.00 and $6 - $11 for your plates. Title fees cost $85.

Florida is a flat 6% tax on vehicle purchases. Registration costs $32.50, includes plates. Title fees cost $77.25.

You'd save quite a bit in fees buying in Florida, all else being equal.

Edit: Just in case you were wondering, let's say you bought a $55,000 Bronco in NJ. You'd end up paying $343.75 more in taxes than had you purchased that exact same vehicle in FL.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hi Guys!
i am about to crazy waiting 2door bronco in my hand!
but i am a little bit worried because I will be moving to FLORIDA from NEW JERSEY next year june or july.
should i change dealer to FLORIDA? or buy bronco from NJ dealer and change license and other stuff to FLORIDA?
always you guys are really helpful and thank you in advance!
I would stick with a NJ dealer, or your going to get hit with with extra taxes when you try and register the bronco in Jersey. I
I beleave Florida has no sales tax buy in florida
Florida's sales taxes run up to 8% depending on where you live. Florida has no state income tax.
I use to live in new Jersey. I would suggest you check with DMV and make sure they have a reciprocity agreement with Florida for vehicle sales taxes otherwise Jersey is going to get their money out of you.

Sponsored

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's only up to the first $5000. It's still cheaper than paying overall at a higher rate.

LOL Nice ninja edit! :p

Rausy91

First Edition
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That's only up to the first $5000. It's still cheaper than paying overall at a higher rate.

LOL Nice ninja edit! :p
LOL - Wanted to make sure I had my facts straight ;)

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What would the tax situation be? That would be my first question. It would suck to have to pay both states, That could get expensive quick....
This. If you are moving to FL check their out of state vehicle registering requirements. Here in TX you have to pay the 6.25% sales tax when registering an out of state vehicle. I would venture to say you would be better off buying the vehicle in the state that you will be registering the vehicle.

OP
OP

jaehun

Badlands
First Name
jaehun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lexus es 350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This. If you are moving to FL check their out of state vehicle registering requirements. Here in TX you have to pay the 6.25% sales tax when registering an out of state vehicle. I would venture to say you would be better off buying the vehicle in the state that you will be registering the vehicle.
hmmm... i would rather change dealer in NJ to FLORIDA.
i appreciated!!

Sponsored
OP
OP

jaehun

Badlands
First Name
jaehun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lexus es 350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
New Jersey sales tax for a vehicle is 6.625%, registration is $59.00 and $6 - $11 for your plates. Title fees cost $85.

Florida is a flat 6% tax on vehicle purchases. Registration costs $32.50, includes plates. Title fees cost $77.25.

Edit: Just in case you were wondering, let's say you bought a $55,000 Bronco in NJ. You'd end up paying $343.75 more in taxes than had you purchased that exact same vehicle in FL.
thanks for specific information!
but one of my worry is that if i register my vehicle in FL i probably pay extra money.
i better buy my bronco in FL!
thank you!

Odie

Black Diamond
First Name
owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

UMM, Where i am in sarasota county florida we are 7% sales tax

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UMM, Where i am in sarasota county florida we are 7% sales tax
You're at 6% Sales Tax plus 1% County Sales Tax. It varies from county to county.

That's why I said, "All things being equal." Obviously, in your county you pay an extra 1%.

On a vehicle they only tax you up to the first $5000, that comes out to $50 in the county you live in. Other counties charge 0% to 2% county sales tax. That means at most he would pay $100 more depending on county. So, instead of saving $350 he'd save $250.

OP
OP

jaehun

Badlands
First Name
jaehun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lexus es 350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would stick with a NJ dealer, or your going to get hit with with extra taxes when you try and register the bronco in Jersey. I

Florida's sales taxes run up to 8% depending on where you live. Florida has no state income tax.
I use to live in new Jersey. I would suggest you check with DMV and make sure they have a reciprocity agreement with Florida for vehicle sales taxes otherwise Jersey is going to get their money out of you.
hi.
according to FLORIDA tax document if i buy bronco in NJ and bring it to FLORIDA i don't need to pay double tax BUT i might have to pay double car registering fee i think?
" Florida law allows a credit to be given to reduce the tax due when a like tax has been lawfully imposed and paid in another state, District of Columbia, or U.S. territory. Credit against Florida use tax and any discretionary sales surtax is given for a like tax paid in another state, 2 whether the tax has been paid to that state, or to a county or city (local taxes) within that state. If the amount paid is equal to or greater than the amount imposed by Florida, no additional tax is due. If the amount paid is less than the amount due as imposed by Florida, only the difference between the two tax rates is due. "

i appreciated your concern :D

OP
OP

jaehun

Badlands
First Name
jaehun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lexus es 350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're at 6% Sales Tax plus 1% County Sales Tax. It varies from county to county.

That's why I said, "All things being equal." Obviously, in your county you pay an extra 1%.

On a vehicle they only tax you up to the first $5000, that comes out to $50 in the county you live in. Other counties charge 0% to 2% county sales tax. That means at most he would pay $100 more depending on county. So, instead of saving $350 he'd save $250.
thank you for specific info from you :D !!
but i think i might have to pay double car registering fee right?
Sponsored