First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ford bronco black diamond, 02 dodge dakota slt
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would recommend the slip stream from diabolical as well. Unless you get the part from your ford dealer. I got my enclosure from CJponyparts and it was not packed particularly well. I don't believe they repacked it but mine came very damaged and was nearly uninstallable as delivered.
Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would recommend the slip stream from diabolical as well. Unless you get the part from your ford dealer. I got my enclosure from CJponyparts and it was not packed particularly well. I don't believe they repacked it but mine came very damaged and was nearly uninstallable as delivered.
Funny you mention that - I bought mine through Ford's accessory site (shipped to a local dealer) and it was the same way.

In fact, of all things, there was a brand new 240V power cable for a washer/ dryer thrown into the box. Can't make this ess up.

Ford Bronco Should I get a Ford Cargo Enclosure 1648648350995

Think the issue is either with Ford or with its supplier (Tuffy?).

jp9901

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Kind of funny what gets included and what doesnt. I had the "deluxe" model and the lid didn't have the pins to hook the strut to so it would lift.

I have a feeling tuffy is to blame here. I am under the impression they are making a killing on the product, while using the cheapest shipping they can. Fedex wasn't exactly kind to my box (like they ever are), but it was also not packed in a way that would have made it on a pillow the whole way.

FrankenRodz

Base
First Name
sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base 2 - Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My tailgate table was bent. All Ford accessories come poorly packaged.

jp9901

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My tailgate table was bent. All Ford accessories come poorly packaged.
Probably fair to say haha. I was thinking about it and the only thing not damaged from them was the floor mats and the hitch receiver. Hard to damage those though.

Sponsored

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My fixed top enclosure also had plenty of scrapes. The supporting rails don’t have enough tack welds, which results in rattling which can be fixed in a number of ways, including shimming the gaps with paper, rubber or the like. I carry gear with me regularly and it works great, but sometimes it would be nice to have all that open space to carry larger/longer gear.

FarmBoy88

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F250, 1988 F350, 1978 F250, 2011 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I put it in my 4dr Wildtrak. Love it. What you get for free is some space between the rear seats and the back of the box, about 4 or 5 inches at the bottom and tapers up to 3 inches. i put my emergency gear there with some molle straps. Axe, rope, sm snow shovel, jacket rolled up, gloves, tarp, tons of stuff. then i can use the rear compartment for stuff i move in and out frequently. there is also some small gap between the sides of the box and the truck so i put some maps and small items in there to reduce rattle. i had to add some felt around the latch mechanism to reduce rattle, also some around the tie downs. I also put two flat 5"tall x 12"deep x 32" long tool boxes on top of the box with velcro to store my tow straps, tools, etc. Was thinking about running some wire for an air compressor in one of the tool boxes with some quick connects. For daily use i remove the tool boxes. The tool boxes end up being about flush with the top of the tire when looking from the drivers seat in the mirror so they dont really limit visibility.

OP
OP
22BlackDiamondGreen

22BlackDiamondGreen

Black Diamond
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford 150 1955 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does it limit space yes, is it super useful yes. Spent two weeks with the top and doors off and it worked perfectly. It also provides a nice finished look.

Obviously if they want it they are going to get it but they would need a crowbar or they would need to break the door.

How does the Kicker sound mounted to the cage? I have one on the way and like that mounting point

Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly!!! I saw the pics and got excited. Went to their webpage and saw the price...NOPE!
Not saying this is cheap by any means but I got it while it was on sale for $850~. I'll be writing a detailed review once I get it in the coming weeks.

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How would this work with dogs? I have two German shepherds and would still need to put them in the cargo area. Can this be done? Can the lid be removed? How about the slide out drawer? Does it just raise the floor and the dogs can sit on top? Would like something that I can still fold down the seats too. Never had a Jeep or anything so I'm not sure how these actually work.

Thanks

Jim

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How would this work with dogs? I have two German shepherds and would still need to put them in the cargo area. Can this be done? Can the lid be removed? How about the slide out drawer? Does it just raise the floor and the dogs can sit on top? Would like something that I can still fold down the seats too. Never had a Jeep or anything so I'm not sure how these actually work.

Thanks

Jim
I'm trying to figure out a way to make the top a quick release, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered the raised lid enclosure with my Ford Pass points and it arrived damaged. So I ordered the Diabolical Slipstream when it was on sale. It's a known quantity and far more versatile than the Ford/Tuffy enclosure.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does it limit space yes, is it super useful yes. Spent two weeks with the top and doors off and it worked perfectly. It also provides a nice finished look.

Obviously if they want it they are going to get it but they would need a crowbar or they would need to break the door.

It’s good, the Jeep one is better as lays on top instead of being held to the top with bolts. I don’t like how ford insisted on side panels. Takes up a bit of space.
Almost pulled the trigger on this with my Ford pass points until I found out the back panel doesn’t fold. I fold down my rear seats all the time for extra cargo space and this won’t allow me that extra space anymore. Went ahead and ordered the Diabolical Slipstream last night instead.
If you can fold the back, won’t someone be able to fold your seats and then open the back with top off? Or does the back lock too?
Bought it with my ford pass points. It's OK. I am not sure I really like it
What don’t you like?
Sponsored