Sponsored

Should I get the 33” good year MT’s or 33” bf Goodrich TA?

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not convinced the Goodyear's are worth $800 more than the K02s. The BFGs are are $265 each at Tire Rack. You're telling me the Goodyears in the same size are $425 tires? If so, ain't no way I'm spending that much when it's time to replace them. If not, ain't no way I'm getting ripped off by upgrading. 🙂
Sponsored

Last edited:

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
BFGs wear fast and get bead leaks. Goodyears are better. But your best bet is to trade up for some Swampers. Atleast get the 37 BFG MTs if you must BFG.

OP
OP
Thomas1984

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not convinced the Goodyear's are worth $800 more than the K02s. The BFGs are are $265 each at Tire Rack. You're telling me the Goodyear's in the same size are $425 tires? If so, ain't no way I'm spending that much when it's time to replace them. If not, ain't no way I'm getting ripped off by upgrading. 🙂
I contacted my salesman and I’m going to change to the BFG’s I feel it’s a better value as I’m going to get a set of aftermarket wheels with 35’s and I’m going to have the BFG’s and the optional wheels for wintertime! Thanks everyone for the feedback!!

JGuske23

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ended up going with the new Goodyears, I obviously don't have any experience with them but they look tougher to me. If I don't like them I'll switch to K02s when the time comes for new tires.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I opted for the optional badlands wheels as well... With the bfgs. I already have some fuel wheels waiting with some Toyo Open Country CT 33's waiting. I believe they are triple peak lol
PSX_20210401_200543.jpg
Love that setup, what is the model and spec on those wheels?

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I searched but I couldn't find much on this, so I thought I'd throw it out here.

I like the looks of the BL optional wheels, and I've read that they are beadlock capable. I know nothing about beadlocks, but I assume that the outer ring comes off and you can buy a beadlock ring.

Anyway, I will never go off-road to the point that I would need beadlocks. I just like the looks, so I'm thinking about getting the optional wheels with the KO2's.

But will I run into any future problems with this wheel? Will tire changes be more expensive? Will I have alignment issues? Will I have to prove to a LEO that they aren't true beadlocks and that the wheels are legal?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haven't read all 3 pages yet.

1.) The GY's are not MUD terrains. MT is MAX Traction or something like that...per Goodyear.

2) The tread pattern on the GY looks like it should be a good all season performer, the next item I'd be concerned about is the rubber compound and how well it will work in cold weather. At one point , GY was looking to get the 3PMS rating....which, according to TIRERACK is just about worthless....marketing fluff mostly. They've had non-3PMS tires perform better in the winter than the rated ones.

3) I haven't ran BFG A/T's in a very long time, but they seemed to do well when I had them. When changed trucks, the new one had Firestone AT's on it and they performed very well for a long time.

Point is, probably any well known AT or MaxT will perform just fine. The MT's will probably look cooler (IF aggresive is cooler).

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This whole topic is subjective. Myself and plenty of others have gone down a deep dark hole on this very topic. Plenty of others here have already provided great info so I'll just lay down some quick facts..

1. No one has tested the Goodyear Territory Maximum Traction Tires yet other than a few special individuals who have worked for Ford.
2. Goodyear vs BFG is a coin flip. You will find people who firmly believe in both companies.
3. The BFG K02 is known as the "bench mark" for All-Terrain tires. It is generally well received and has good ratings across the board.
4. Initial findings show the K02s to be slightly cheaper than the Goodyear Territory MTs. Is the price increase worth a slightly more aggressive looking tire?
5. I say slightly more aggressive because all you are getting is a different tread pattern. The 33" BFG and 33" Territory tires are both 285/70R tires. The difference you see on Build in Price is just marketing... their actual size difference is NOT that pronounced.
6. ATs tend to handle better on the highway and K02s check a lot of boxes around what multiple users look for. Mud tires or Maximum Traction tires tend to make more noise... however, keep in mind this is an OEM tire. Car Manufacturer's want comfy, nice driving tires on the lot so when people test drive them they feel the ride is nice. So early indications are that the Goodyear Territory being a MT is actually just an aggressive AT.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Thomas1984

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This whole topic is subjective. Myself and plenty of others have gone down a deep dark hole on this very topic. Plenty of others here have already provided great info so I'll just lay down some quick facts..

1. No one has tested the Goodyear Territory Maximum Traction Tires yet other than a few special individuals who have worked for Ford.
2. Goodyear vs BFG a coin flip. You will find people who firmly believe in both companies.
3. The BFG K02 is known as the "bench mark" for All-Terrain tires. It is generally well received and has good ratings across the board.
4. Initial findings show the K02s to be slightly cheaper than the Goodyear Territory MTs. Is the price increase worth a slightly more aggressive looking tire?
5. I say slightly more aggressive because all you are getting is a different tread pattern. The 33" BFG and 33" Territory tires are both 285/70R tires. The difference you see on Build in Price is just marketing... their actual size difference is NOT that pronounced.
6. ATs tend to handle better on the highway and K02s check a lot of boxes around what multiple users look for. Mud tires or Maximum Traction tires tend to make more noise... however, keep in mind this is an OEM tire. Car Manufacturer's want comfy, nice driving tires on the lot so when people test drive them they feel the ride is nice. So early indications are that the Goodyear Territory being a MT is actually just an aggressive AT.
Another thing I’m worried about is that Ford has the Goodyear custom made to not say wrangler, imagine going to a tire shop that will not have them to match the rest, who knows how long you will have to wait, and it will be more expensive, but you can get the BFG’s anywhere, BFG ftw

Sponsored

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BFGs all the way. They look better and they're a proven offroad tire.
They look like a bunch of little dog turds spread around your tires. The Goodyear’s are a much more attractive tread pattern. I’ve got nitto EXO Grapplers on my truck, like the pattern just wish they came in somewhere other than E rating. Too much tire.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Relax. Tirerack and many other shops will have them to sell. There will be too many broncos on the road for shops to ignore the demand.

BTW .. BMW m cars have special tires made for them and TireRacks carries them. And production numbers are LOW for M-Cars when compared to the Bronco.

Another thing I’m worried about is that Ford has the Goodyear custom made to not say wrangler, imagine going to a tire shop that will not have them to match the rest, who knows how long you will have to wait, and it will be more expensive, but you can get the BFG’s anywhere, BFG ftw

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If the Goodyears were a no charge "upgrade", you might want to consider them. Since the BFGs are $825 cheaper, and a proven off road tire(and imho much better quality in general than Goodyear tires), I'd stick with them and pocket the cash.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't run Goodyear tires anymore. They may be better now, but I had too many tires wore funny, prematurely, had issues balancing. So, I run BFG on most rigs now.
Sponsored