First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you haven't gotten a VIN or scheduled build week yet, which you haven't based on your screenshot above, you'll be hard pressed to get it within 6 months. Without making this a word vomit of possible scenarios and how I'm getting these estimates, here's how you stand.

- Absolute best case scenario in every situation. Get the next available build week, no scheduling delays, no build delays, no shipping delays...4 months before you'd see it. Less then 1% chance of this happening from what I've seen on this forum.
- Mix of good and bad scenario. Get the next available build week, no scheduling delays, but you get hit with a build and shipping delay....7/8 months before you'd see it.
- Worst case scenario. Don't get scheduled for another few months, get hit with several build week reschedules, hit with build delays, and shipping delays. Easily 12+ months before you'd see it.

Personally I feel you fall into the 7/8 month + category based off everything I've followed daily on this forum. If you need a vehicle now, waiting for your reserved Bronco isn't going to be your best option
Awesome thank you for being honest and letting me know. Good thing I found this forum lol. Lots of good people on here with advice and insight thank you all.
Sponsored

OP
OP

NiftyBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you, I appreciate it. I'll definitely be fighting them on it, if nothing else, so my rates don't increase. I'm not even worried about the Truck.
No doubt, glad to hear you both are safe and okay! Drivers seem like they have got worst over the years, I’m glad I have a work from home gig.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
you have a very long wait ahead of you- thousands of us built between Dec and today still don't have our vehicles or a ship date- i would def buy something else to cover you in the meantime

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can't believe they told you that short of a build time. Dealers are nuts.
When I ordered my Base in April (of 2021) the dealer was convinced I would get it in late 2021.

This was before the MIC top disaster. At the time all of the constraints were the high dollar items, so they (and other dealers) though a Base Base would be built well before the expensive builds. l added three things to my build, Aux switches, the headliner, and Rapid Red Paint.

So 14 months ago, everyone thought that was an easy build. Now we know it's one of the most constrained (because 2-door and 7MT)

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am writing this post mainly because I am curious what the general census would be on a possible date/time of my bronco being built. Right now I’m car-less because when I first reserved in May 2021 and ordered in June 2021 they told me 8-10 weeks build time but here we all are… still…. waiting.

I am just not sure if it’s worth the wait anymore. I ordered a Wildtrak with the Lux Package and of course Sasquatch comes with it, but now towing bundle. Now lately I have been seeing the Wildtrak be the LEAST produced vehicle of them all. I wanted this vehicle so bad but with my wife having the only vehicle and now we are about to move off base… I am not sure I can do this much longer. I have a feeling it may be another 6 months at least… any thoughts?
All cars are expensive right now. I would go buy the cheapest thing you can stomach that is on the dealer's lots right now. Maybe even throw your dealer a bone and see what they got. Then when your order comes in you can trade in that car or sell it. Depreciation will be low because cars are expensive and in demand right now so you will get most of your money back.

I sold a 2005 Kia Spectra with 55k miles for $2200 recently when it normally wouldn't go for more than $800.

Sponsored

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The dealer that told you such a short timeframe either is clueless or unethical. It always was going to be a matter of years not months for your reservation date.

My car with 140k miles, which I hoped to be rid of by now, is in for needed repairs since I’m expecting 12-18 more months of waiting.

I feel your pain but I will say there’s no need to cancel your reservation/order even if you acquire something else for now. When your Bronco number finally comes up you still might want it. And if not, they’re probably still selling at a premium since no one can walk in and buy one.

CoachTee

Wildtrak
First Name
Teresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am writing this post mainly because I am curious what the general census would be on a possible date/time of my bronco being built. Right now I’m car-less because when I first reserved in May 2021 and ordered in June 2021 they told me 8-10 weeks build time but here we all are… still…. waiting.

I am just not sure if it’s worth the wait anymore. I ordered a Wildtrak with the Lux Package and of course Sasquatch comes with it, but now towing bundle. Now lately I have been seeing the Wildtrak be the LEAST produced vehicle of them all. I wanted this vehicle so bad but with my wife having the only vehicle and now we are about to move off base… I am not sure I can do this much longer. I have a feeling it may be another 6 months at least… any thoughts?
Personally I would say NO don't give up, at least don't give up your reservation/order.
Go ahead and buy a new vehicle if you need to but hold on to your reservation/order, it's only going to cost you $100.

When your Bronco eventually gets built you'll at least have the option of buying it if that's what you decide you want to do.

Mike E

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We’ll I waited over 600 days….I did have a Wrangler during my waiting time. I bought the Wrangler based upon what I wanted….with the idea that I would keep it. Once the Bronco came in I sold the Wrangler for what I paid for it…no regrets from that perspective. I would have kept it if diesel fuel wouldn’t have jumped to 5.00 per gallon at the time hence I sold it. Today I’m truly enjoying my Bronco…it’s a tuff situation….I hope you make the right choice for yourself.

osoblanco

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whatever you decide to do in the short term, don't cancel your order. Yes it might take more time but eventually the Bronco you ordered will be produced, and you'll be able to decide what you want to do. If you cancel, you won't have that option. I've lost faith on what feels like a daily basis, but I'm not cancelling my order so that if that delivery day ever comes, I can decide.

Hope you are able to find something to use before your delivery day comes.

Sponsored

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Ford Bronco Should I give up? brave-heart-mel-gibson

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wranglers are exceptionally expensive. Why not buy a beater cash car until it's produced? You'll lose money giving that wrangler back when the bronco comes in.
Wranglers have one of the best resale values. If you buy a 2-3 year old one, you won't lose any money. That being said, I'd get an older fun car. A late 90's 911 for instance. You won't lose money on that either and they can be had still without breaking the bank.

OP
OP

NiftyBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It doesn't really matter what builds you are seeing get built at other locations - you need to go talk to your dealer and see how your build compares to others they have.. if your wildtrak has a hard top and your dealer has a lot of earlier reservations with hard tops - you will be waiting awhile. If you are a soft top with a limited number of soft tops at their location, you could get a vin at any point. It is all about your dealers allocations, and how your build compares to their other pending orders.. the easier build (ie no hard top or highly constrained items) the easier it is to get a vin. The larger dealers with a lot of orders seem to be harder to get builds. I was a June 21 reservation and I have had mine for 3 months. I was my dealer's only soft top order so I got scheduled the very first round of MY22 scheduling. I got pulled because my dealer was small with 11 total orders. So their first soft top got grabbed immediately.
That makes sense, I have heard a lot about this dealer allocation making a pretty big difference, I may just buy an Elantra in the meantime and wait it out.

OP
OP

NiftyBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wranglers have one of the best resale values. If you buy a 2-3 year old one, you won't lose any money. That being said, I'd get an older fun car. A late 90's 911 for instance. You won't lose money on that either and they can be had still without breaking the bank.
I was actually thinking about just getting a basic Elantra. I don’t see them being marked up as much as others.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was actually thinking about just getting a basic Elantra. I don’t see them being marked up as much as others.
Whatever you get, if you're not going to keep it for long, definitely think about resale, cost to own (potential taxes) and fun / cool factor! Life's too short to drive an Elantra. Kidding of course. They're actually great little cars. Gas is crazy now so it makes sense...
Sponsored