Sponsored

Should I remove tow package from my order?

GatorDave

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealer confirmed this could help my order get scheduled earlier. I still have hard top and 2.7 engine, but none Sasquatch. I wanted to have this, but it’s not day one necessary. Does anyone have any idea of how difficult this will be to install after the fact? What about wiring? Will the wiring be there and I need to add the components? Or will I have to run it from the engine bay?
Sponsored

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is literally another thread about this exact thing going... Immediately below this one in the most recent threads right at the top of the main page... I believe the consensus in that thread was yes remove, it along with the rest of your order...
Ford Bronco Should I remove tow package from my order? obama-wt

Ford Bronco Should I remove tow package from my order? steve-harvey-im-just-sayin

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Should I remove tow package from my order? Screenshot_20210504-213546_Chrome

Reactions: jxc

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dealer confirmed this could help my order get scheduled earlier. I still have hard top and 2.7 engine, but none Sasquatch. I wanted to have this, but it’s not day one necessary. Does anyone have any idea of how difficult this will be to install after the fact? What about wiring? Will the wiring be there and I need to add the components? Or will I have to run it from the engine bay?
Dealer? Bwahhahaahahha!!! There are precious few who know a tad more than the regular posters up in here.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not changing a thing on my order, don't care when it shows up. I want what I want the way I want it.

But that being said, it's pretty easy and probably cheaper to install the towing parts later, I did it on my Tacoma. I never towed a trailer, use it for bike rack, but they installed some wiring too, noting with a break controller, I think it's just wiring for the lights.

But nobody outside of Ford knows if they have a big container of this stuff showing up tomorrow or in October.

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not changing a thing on my order, don't care when it shows up. I want what I want the way I want it.

But that being said, it's pretty easy and probably cheaper to install the towing parts later, I did it on my Tacoma. I never towed a trailer, use it for bike rack, but they installed some wiring too, noting with a break controller, I think it's just wiring for the lights.

But nobody outside of Ford knows if they have a big container of this stuff showing up tomorrow or in October.
Agreed. IMO, best to leave your order ALONE. Remove or change something it may screw up something else, cancel your order or cause an error or a delay just by making a change. Today a tow hitch, next week the top rack or something else. They could get a triple semi full of hitches in a month. Me.....I want my Bronco this Summer>Fall....but no guarantees....I am leaving my order alone.

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hard top or MIC?
If it’s the painted hard top that’s what is killing your order.

I have tow and 2.7 and a June 27 build week.

OP
OP
GatorDave

GatorDave

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is literally another thread about this exact thing going... Immediately below this one in the most recent threads right at the top of the main page... I believe the consensus in that thread was yes remove, it along with the rest of your order...
Ford Bronco Should I remove tow package from my order? Screenshot_20210504-213546_Chrome

Fair enough. I did a search before I posted and nothing came up, but I was also drinking last night.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Fair enough. I did a search before I posted and nothing came up, but I was also drinking last night.
It's not like there isn't a dozen threads on a flipping color. But factory Tow package vs doing it later... Several very long threads about how difficult that may be (if you actually need wiring).

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The tow package is a very restricted commodity for some reason. From what ive read on here, if you don't get it from factory there will be a wiring harness but it will up near the front of the vehicle so if you want to do it yourself aftermarket you will need to wire it from there and run it back, the ford parts catalog has pricing for both the hitch and wire harness separately. i normally woldnt change my build, but my opinion is if towing is something you can wait for after delivery than id drop it from my order because it is something easily replaced aftermarket.

Sponsored

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The tow package is a very restricted commodity for some reason. From what ive read on here, if you don't get it from factory there will be a wiring harness but it will up near the front of the vehicle so if you want to do it yourself aftermarket you will need to wire it from there and run it back, the ford parts catalog has pricing for both the hitch and wire harness separately. i normally woldnt change my build, but my opinion is if towing is something you can wait for after delivery than id drop it from my order because it is something easily replaced aftermarket.
The towing package, due to wiring already being ran, is probably the easiest thing to add on later. Also consider that subjectively removing items would prevent said item from preventing the build, so while it may not make your build come sooner, it will prevent it from coming later.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer confirmed sacrificing a goat at the alter of Horus could possibly help me get my order sooner.

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The towing package, due to wiring already being ran, is probably the easiest thing to add on later. Also consider that subjectively removing items would prevent said item from preventing the build, so while it may not make your build come sooner, it will prevent it from coming later.
I thought the consensus from the other thread is that the wiring from the driver footwell (for adding brake control) would not be already ran if you do not get the tow package. Not sure if OP needs the brake controller, but something to consider possibly having to add if not ordering tow package from factory. Maybe I am wrong though.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thought we had already decided this deal... thought we were all gonna remove it and @Tricky Dick was gonna build and install all of em for $100. 😉
Sponsored