Sponsored

Should I repair the paint damage on my FE?

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what "parts" do they need to fix the paint? And why would that matter? Take it home now and they can fix it once the "parts" have shown up. Get that in writing. Or wait if that's what they want to do. Wait has been so long, a bit more should not matter, as much as it sucks.

No way I'd accept that off the lot, have them fix it. They mess it up they can fix it again, and if they have to repaint the entire thing. Take close up photos and/or video.

I'd not go out of my way to fix a chip now that I have my Bronco, but had it shown up like that I'd have them fix it.
Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FWIW, I know Ford dealerships where I live use accredited paint and body shops for specialty work. You could ask if your dealer has partnerships with a paint shop where you can be assured the job is done right. If your dealer is sending you to another dealer they could just as easily send you somewhere else. The costs for repair are not borne by the dealer, but are passed either to the shipper or to Ford.

I could not get over seeing any imperfections on my brand-new Bronco. In fact, I have enough problems with my self-induced ones (rock chips being the chalk-on-a-blackboard equivalent). Don’t settle for anything other than total satisfaction. Those can be fixed.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Follow-up question...

So, the shop/dealer that I'm looking at to do the work, not the one paying for the work, seems to be trying to talk me out of getting it painted.

Is this just Ford looking out for Ford?

The estimator has given me a handful of reasons he wouldn't do it if it was his. The most valid seems to be concerns with getting parts in a timely manner.
What parts are they worried about?????

OP
OP
TheeBullhead

TheeBullhead

First Edition
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Crossfire
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What parts are they worried about?????
It was a hypothetical scenario where a "clip" breaks and they can't find a "clip". He just may be trying to prepare me for a worst case scenario.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Any competent body tech (I was a certified body tech for 10 years) should be able to disassemble a new vehicle without breaking anything. There are cases of not knowing where stuff is on a new vehicle. Other than trim panel of door handles there is not much on the bronco to actually remove. The flares come off with five flip levers in under 30 seconds.

Sponsored

whodatdubi

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, Gated Ferrari 360 Spider, '23 MB EQS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'd let the fix it. That color shouldn't be too too hard for them to blend properly

whodatdubi

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, Gated Ferrari 360 Spider, '23 MB EQS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would also like to add (not sure if someone has mentioned this). Make sure they do not report it as damage on the carfax or you will be dealing with a bit of diminished value
Sponsored