Sponsored

Should I Sell My 74 Now That I Have My New Bronco?

Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
I stand corrected. I was going on the numbers reported for car buying in general. probably constrained by economical issues as you note. It is a vastly different environment today. Not that long ago you could get a decent gen 3-5 Bronco for 5-10k, now it's just nutty.
Agreed, it is very nutty. Location plays a big part of it too I'm sure. Prices seem to be higher in the west because there're usually in better shape than out east.
Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are we at the top of the market pricing for Bronco valuation? We are in a craze right now, will it last? I'm 69, and I know what you mean about perspective as you mention below. Your thoughts will likely reach full clarity when you have them side by side. Will you want to spend your time and money restoring the old, or modifying the new? I've had my OBX 4 days, and its a beautiful car to keep personalizing.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Keep the 74', I'm keeping mine.
As awesome as the 6G's are, great power from either engine, there is something about driving a early Bronco with a 351W mildly built with long tube headers and true dual exhausts.
Sweet sweet music.
Ford Bronco Should I Sell My 74 Now That I Have My New Bronco? 2014-09-28 23.31.26
Ford Bronco Should I Sell My 74 Now That I Have My New Bronco? 2021-10-24 20.06.13

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately the way things are going my grandkids 8 5 4 &4 will probably be more interested in an electric car!
no, they wont. Kids interested in electric cars never drove vintage and the folks were driving boring cars boringly

also,
Ford Bronco Should I Sell My 74 Now That I Have My New Bronco? 1FDA8A16-08B3-4997-AB52-C875DBBB788F

Sponsored
OP
OP
JRHEXP

JRHEXP

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 04 Lightning,29AModel, 21 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Where is everyone getting these production pics? I haven't taken delivery of mine yet but it is on the way.
Ford sent it to me after mine got to dealer. I thought it was pretty cool.

Nodrama43

Badlands
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nunya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To the OP I would suggest holding onto it. Right now your focus and use will include the new one but months from now you will be glad you kept the old one as well. My Gen 1 has served me well and while not restored it still wears most of it’s original paint and is a blast to drive. My 2dr BL will most likely be here before Thanksgiving and I have a spot reserved for it alongside Old Blue.

Ford Bronco Should I Sell My 74 Now That I Have My New Bronco? C3BA554A-CC48-4A8F-82B4-12F8560BFB41

OP
OP
JRHEXP

JRHEXP

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

To the OP I would suggest holding onto it. Right now your focus and use will include the new one but months from now you will be glad you kept the old one as well. My Gen 1 has served me well and while not restored it still wears most of it’s original paint and is a blast to drive. My 2dr BL will most likely be here before Thanksgiving and I have a spot reserved for it alongside Old Blue.

Ford Bronco Should I Sell My 74 Now That I Have My New Bronco? C3BA554A-CC48-4A8F-82B4-12F8560BFB41
Probably good advise. Like that blue.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JRHEXP

JRHEXP

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Keep the 74', I'm keeping mine.
As awesome as the 6G's are, great power from either engine, there is something about driving a early Bronco with a 351W mildly built with long tube headers and true dual exhausts.
Sweet sweet music.
That's a nice looking engine.

OP
OP
JRHEXP

JRHEXP

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are we at the top of the market pricing for Bronco valuation? We are in a craze right now, will it last? I'm 69, and I know what you mean about perspective as you mention below. Your thoughts will likely reach full clarity when you have them side by side. Will you want to spend your time and money restoring the old, or modifying the new? I've had my OBX 4 days, and its a beautiful car to keep personalizing.
Fortunately I have an amazing wife who said to me recently just take your time and see how you feel after a few months ,good advice I would say .

OP
OP
JRHEXP

JRHEXP

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looking at your list of cars, I was thinking that the 74 Bronco might not be missed when the new one arrives. You already have two other hobby vehicles in the garage.

I sold the 87 in my avatar to my best friend in AZ when I moved because I had a 2021 on order. After owing it for 23 years it was hard to let it go, but it was the logical decision. I loved it like family, but I just wasn’t using it enough to justify keeping it. The cross country move changed my mindset to not letting the things I owned own me. I was maintaining a 2500 diesel truck, car hauler trailer, and a garage/shed full of spare parts and tools for supporting the Bronco. Once the decision was made I sold the 2500, trailer, some of my heavier tools (welder, plasma, hydraulic press, 80 gallon compressor, etc) and finally the 87 Bronco rather than move it all 3000 miles. I also sold my 2020 Raptor, 2015 VW Touareg TDI, 2015 Passat TDI. We moved without any cars (new job gave me a truck) and leased a 2021 Tacoma in January after it became clear the Bronco wasn’t coming for a while.

When I got to Massachusetts I started boat shopping. I used my new to me boat more this summer than I had used my 87 Bronco in the past 2 years. I’m guessing my 2021 (or 2022?) Bronco will be well loved moving forward, but I don’t anticipate having it 23 years like my 87. I plan on selling the 2021 with manual transmission to one of my buddy’s sons as their first car in 7-9 years.
I retired 2 years ago and have been driving the 74 around town since then. Now that I have the new Bronco I have driven the 74 twice. Haven't driven the A model in over a year but it belonged to my Brother so it will never go. Plus I used it in both my sons weddings In Oklahoma and Wisconsin. The Lightning is fun to drive took it to a big Lightning meet in Charlotte recently and got to drive it around the speedway a few laps that was fun. Also its handy to have a pickup. So who knows what I will do.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
If still having fun with the '74, then keep it. Else maybe sell. The new Bronco (if it ever shows up in decent numbers) will moderate future EB prices.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Where is everyone getting these production pics? I haven't taken delivery of mine yet but it is on the way.
I got my Bronco last week, it was Produced July 22 but didnt get a new top until October 7 ("Built" date). Ford just sent me its production line photo a few days ago! One article said that now there is a Ford employee whose job it is to photograph each car as it comes off the line, and email it to customers! Your photo should be coming soon!
Sponsored