Sponsored

Should I stay with Badlands Squatch or go the the Bronco Raptor?

ScorpydJim

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500 ram trx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Should I stay with my Badlands Squatch or go the the BRaptor? I finally received an email from Ford that my long awaited 2 door Black Badlands Sasquatch was scheduled for production. I was also able to order a Black Raptor LUX. I REALLY like the 2 door style better, after all that IS a Bronco. Yes the Raptor has more power blah blah blah, and I never will go out and test the capabilities of the Raptor (like 99.9% of other future owners) but I am still trying to decide. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you are getting them from your dealership at MSRP, Get both if able. Sell the raptor at an extreme markup to pay For the other one. Live happily ever after.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Buy badlandsā€¦ if not extremely satisfied with itā€¦ swap it towards the Raptor later. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am very satisfied with my Badlands Sasquatch. I would never use the Raptor capabilities. Would just be a display/talking piece.

Sponsored

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Tough call for you, for me I have no interest in the Raptor even tho Iā€™ve lifted mine and put 37ā€™s on that I wouldnā€™t have had to if I were to get a raptor.
are you going to daily drive either? The Raptor gets worse fuel mileage and coming from one of the drivers I talked to(while he was in the Raptor) at a gas station the on road manners arenā€™t as nice as the non raptor. If itā€™s just a toy than that might not matter to you.
where I have been trail riding the increase width would not be welcome.
Good luck on your decision. I can say it might be easier to sell the Raptor if you donā€™t like it and get another Badlands as more if those have been built.

Last edited:

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Both vehicles are no doubt very capable, so it comes down to your off-roading goals or your ego.

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

depends...
1. is the raptor going to put a financial strain on you?
2. if you get a badlands, are you planning to upgrade? and how much in parts/labor are you planning on eventually spending? (for me, the eventual cost may catch up or exceed the price of a msrp raptor)
3. Most importantly do you plan to offroad? and if so, to what extent?

these are just questions to ask yourself... no need to post your answer on the forums.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Totally a personal decisionā€¦.. I just dont like the look of the raptor. Just my opinion. Plus the crazy msrp,but I could say that for any vehicle atm

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

if you can get both do it and sell raptor. if not i would opt bl.

imo the raptor in the f150 looks better and actually makes a little sense compared to the non-raptor platform for features and offroad. i'd also argue for the 20k+ difference you can build the bl out to be comparable if needed down the road, even a performance tune can make up some of the hp of 2.7 v 3.

read this and ask what are you really doing with it? you better be doing extreme offorad in open spaces or really want a show price/conversation starter.

2022 Ford Bronco Raptor vs. Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch Deep Dive (fordauthority.com)

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thousands of us are still waiting with 2020 reservations for our first Bronco. While this guy who didnā€™t order until 2022 is asking which of his 2 orders, including a Raptor, he should choose. Wild.
And thats why I love America! Choices

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't imagine the amount of trail pin stripping the Raptor will get. I cringe on most trails with my Badlands as it is. The Raptor is sweet for open desert, dunes, and such but it is wide! If you tow the extra capacity of the Raptor is really nice though.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I had the 2-Door Badlands with all the options on reserved then on order. My dealer said I could have one of his BRaptors for MSRP if he could have my Badlands. Thought about it for a week.

Absolutely love the look of the 2 door Badlands. The 4-door Raptor does not look as good. However I still went Raptor for several reasons. Its a much more capable off road machine, Stronger everything, more towing capacity. Way less of them around. If I decide I do not like it and want the 2 door Badlands, can order it again, wait a long time to get it and drive the Raptor till it come in, Raptor will sell quick.

NintenDad

Outer Banks
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would go with the Raptor. I love my OB but eventually will want to upgrade to the Raptor. DO EEET!!!!
Sponsored