Sponsored

Should I Trade my 22 Wrangler for a Bronco?

OP
OP
shnider10

shnider10

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a Bronco forum, so opinions here will be biased. Go ask the same question on a Jeep forum and they’ll be biased there too, just the other direction.

I will say this though…Jeep was never on my radar. I grew up thinking how cool a lifted Jeep was with its top and doors off. How cool those people were. Then I got older and rode in a Jeep and thought “yeah, this is it, this the dream”…then I grew up. And rented some Jeeps and every time I’ve rented one I’ve left with a feeling of “this is too cramped for me, this is too small for me, this won’t work for me”….so I stuck with full sized SUV/trucks. Durango, 4Runner, Tundra…then the Bronco came along and here I am. Can’t see myself in a Jeep no matter how many I see, and I see a lot of them in Houston.
I feel you. Just trying to gain different perspectives. This has been super informative tho. I appreciate it!
Sponsored

OP
OP
shnider10

shnider10

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What answer would you expect on a bronco page.

Personally not a jeep fan at all so my vote is get the Bronco.
This is true, however, I have seen in it both ways on both forums. Valid points on both sides.

OP
OP
shnider10

shnider10

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought from Gupton too, great people, seamless experience. The only thing that prevented me from the XR package is that you can't get it with a manual (one thing Bronco definitely has an advantage on). All of these are valid points on both sides. Some people want more space/wider stance, some don't. I'm kinda like you, if the XR was available in a manual, I'd have that and I'd live without a sway bar disconnect and LSD instead of a locker in a Willy's XR.

My decision will likely come down to a few key things:

-Build/Reliability, right now Jeep has the edge as I've had 0 issues with anything.
-Aftermarket - I really need a solid bikini top option for the summer.
-Arrival Date/Price (Bronco)/Trade in or Sell Price for Jeep - I have roughly $2k in add-ons that would go with the Jeep so that factors in, but if my 2.3 Badlands goes from original $46k to say $50k, that's a no go.

-Driving Time - I may do the Bronco Off-Roadeo just for hell of it, I've only had one IFS vehicle I off-roaded in ('93 Toyota pickup), so I'd like to see the differences on moderate trails.

Good thread without getting too bias.
Exactly. I’ve come down to those same points as well. I agree the XR package should be offered on more trims and with the manual. Huge advantage there for the Bronco.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
2020 Bronco reservation here. The wait was mind numbing. After over 2 years my Bronco 2.7 Sasquatch package just came in and picked it up on Friday.

The problem for me is back in March I tapped out. Couldn't wait anymore and factory ordered a 2022 Jeep Willys Xtreme Recon in Limited edition Gobi. Jeep had it built and delivered in 11 weeks. I've been diving my XR since the beginning of June. Love it. ❤

As of right now I own both. Will I Love my Bronco as much as my Jeep XR? Well see. Thinking of doing a YouTube channel and also comparing the 2 over time. Stay tuned. Lol.

20220812_144747.jpg

20220723_183634.jpg

DunawY

Wildtrak
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I recently purchased a 22 JLU Willys XR fully loaded for $53K brand new. It’s an awesome rig and more than capable for my uses. The stance is great on the 35s and it just looks incredible. The cabin is a little small but not unbearable and I recently had Katzskin leather installed.

Just looking for different perspectives from current and future Bronco owners. TIA

Ford Bronco Should I Trade my 22 Wrangler for a Bronco? 20220723_183634

Ford Bronco Should I Trade my 22 Wrangler for a Bronco? 20220723_183634
I went from a 21’ Jeep 4Xe that I absolutely loved!! However if you get to place an order it is going to take at least a year to get. That part you can count on. If you find one on a lot you will most certainly pay for that. However the beauty with Jeeps is they hold their resale value really well. I got $53k for my Jeep that I paid $55k for. So I call that a win. No need to make any decisions now. Place the order for the Bronco (when you can), enjoy the Jeep and just sit back and wait. If/when your Bronco shows up you can always abandon the order if you are that deeply in love with the Jeep. You will make your dealers day.
Sponsored