Sponsored

Should I Trade my 22 Wrangler for a Bronco?

shnider10

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recently purchased a 22 JLU Willys XR fully loaded for $53K brand new. It’s an awesome rig and more than capable for my uses. The stance is great on the 35s and it just looks incredible. The cabin is a little small but not unbearable and I recently had Katzskin leather installed.

Just looking for different perspectives from current and future Bronco owners. TIA

Ford Bronco Should I Trade my 22 Wrangler for a Bronco? 1C6A5BA3-4E8C-4A56-8009-621C5E571961

Ford Bronco Should I Trade my 22 Wrangler for a Bronco? 8B82ADF9-5527-458A-A9B8-14BC6C5BDF80
Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think it's a matter of personal preference. You may or may not lose if you sell or trade in....depending if you want a Bronco now and pay ADM or order one where you can get one for MSRP.

Each have their advantage and disadvantage- which is well publicized- so that's where it comes down to preference.

If I were you I would find a Bronco that is available that is to your liking- at least somewhat and give it a test drive.

I love the Jeeps- TJs, JL, Gladiators but having Broncos from the early 70's, I had to have one and sold my very pristine 97 TJ Wrangler to get it.

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 GT/CS, 20 Honda Insight EX & 19 Mazda CX9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'd keep the Willis. That's a sweet looking ride you have there.

yokayyb

Badlands
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw 340i, Kawasaki zx6r
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Find what you hate about your jeep if bronco is fills in that gap. Go for it. But if there’s nothing you dislike might as well keep it. For me I chose bronco over jeep was for the cabin size.

mr hifi

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Covette, Chevy HD2500
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think it's a matter of personal preference. You may or may not lose if you sell or trade in....depending if you want a Bronco now and pay ADM or order one where you can get one for MSRP.

Each have their advantage and disadvantage- which is well publicized- so that's where it comes down to preference.

If I were you I would find a Bronco that is available that is to your liking- at least somewhat and give it a test drive.

I love the Jeeps- TJs, JL, Gladiators but having Broncos from the early 70's, I had to have one and sold my very pristine 97 TJ Wrangler to get it.
well said and great advice!

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You just bought recently. Despite what you think about the market your Wilys is only worth about 67% of what you paid due to instant depreciation just driving off the lot. I doubt you would get a trade at your Jeep's sticker without at least $20k ADM on a Bronco.

If the smaller cabin of the Wrangler fits your purposes then it is a decent choice. And you don't have to worry about a potential dropped valve, or a windshield that might fall out or even confusion about how much oil is in or should be in the engine.

I spent 2 weeks driving a 4 banger Wrangler around an island a couple years back and shopped Gladiators even while waiting on my OBX Bronco but other than lack of a bed to haul stuff or a solid roof to put a rack on I would not trade my Bronco for an equal priced competitor

Landin536

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s a great looking Jeep. I have a Badlands with Sasquatch and love it personally, but I don’t think there’s a right or wrong between the two.
I love that the front and rear lockers are standard on a Bronco Sasquatch regardless of trim, but if that’s not important to you then it doesn’t matter either way.

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sounds like you got a Bronco itch you need to scratch. If every time you see a Bronco, you get a little envious, get the Bronco.

Buying a car is more of an emotional buy than a pragmatic one for most people. I love my Bronco. I know many Jeep people that love their Wrangler. Nothing wrong with keeping your Jeep until you know for sure you want the Bronco.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since you called it a "rig", keep the jeep

Sponsored

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You just bought recently. Despite what you think about the market your Wilys is only worth about 67% of what you paid due to instant depreciation just driving off the lot. I doubt you would get a trade at your Jeep's sticker without at least $20k ADM on a Bronco.

If the smaller cabin of the Wrangler fits your purposes then it is a decent choice. And you don't have to worry about a potential dropped valve, or a windshield that might fall out or even confusion about how much oil is in or should be in the engine.

I spent 2 weeks driving a 4 banger Wrangler around an island a couple years back and shopped Gladiators even while waiting on my OBX Bronco but other than lack of a bed to haul stuff or a solid roof to put a rack on I would not trade my Bronco for an equal priced competitor
This is just not true, I hate to break it to you, but i have a '21 JL, and I could sell it right now for more than I bought it for 10 months and 8000 miles ago. Jeep has high volume dealers with prices 6-8% below invoice, factor in the still inflated used market, and well........you are just wrong on this (for now).

Now back to the OP - I'm honestly debating the same. I think the Bronco is actually more oriented to someone like me, I like off-roading, but I'm not generally in a lot of rock climbing, etc. mostly forest roads and beach. I've had a JK and now JL, because I have to have a vehicle i can rinse out because I'm on the beach 250 days a year with gear (kiteboards, surfboards, foils, etc.). So the Bronco with MGV/rubberized flooring suits me even more.

I"m on the fence to be honest, and the main thing right now differentiating the two is the fact that the JK and JL (so far) have been absolutely rock solid. I abused, and I mean abused my JK and it just kept going. JL so far I've already had some adventures in, no issues.

Now - I have a reservation from May '21 for a Bronco, so......I'm not locked into MY21 pricing, but I better be locked into MY22, and my dealer did invoice pricing, so my Badlands model is roughly $47k OTD, exactly what Driveway or Carmax would pay for my JL right now.

OP
OP
shnider10

shnider10

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I appreciate the input. MSRP on this one is $60K and I got it at a 6% below invoice from a high volume dealer, so I don’t think I would lose too much on it. I do have a Aug 2021 reservation 99 status. Just weighing my options for 2023. Thanks! Will definitely have to give one another test drive just to compare.

OP
OP
shnider10

shnider10

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd keep the Willis. That's a sweet looking ride you have there.
I appreciate that! It’s a great vehicle! I do have a Aug 2021 reservation and just weighing my options.

OP
OP
shnider10

shnider10

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Find what you hate about your jeep if bronco is fills in that gap. Go for it. But if there’s nothing you dislike might as well keep it. For me I chose bronco over jeep was for the cabin size.
Yeah. I will agree that the cabin size is much smaller compared to the Bronco, but I feel like it has better material. I really like the look of both. Maybe my fiancé will take my 2021 reservation. I appreciate the input.

OP
OP
shnider10

shnider10

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s a great looking Jeep. I have a Badlands with Sasquatch and love it personally, but I don’t think there’s a right or wrong between the two.
I love that the front and rear lockers are standard on a Bronco Sasquatch regardless of trim, but if that’s not important to you then it doesn’t matter either way.
Yeah. They both look top notch. The Sasquatch and XR packages change the game and look. They look awesome.
Sponsored