First Name
Shailendra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Your Bronco Model
Base
First of all thanks to everyone on this forum, there is so much useful information here, and a feeling of community.
I have finally mustered the courage to reserve a base 4 door option, I drive a coupe - Civic Si and have always wanted a jeepy SUV or a truck, had been considering Toyota 4runner or tacoma before this news release, Bronco fell off my radar somehow, anyways I'm excited now that its happening, a year will go by before we know it (I know spring is less that a year).
I won't be doing much offroading and do not want to pay more when I won't be making the most of it, also the higher models are a little out of my monthly budget, so I decided to go for the base 4 door model, however on this forum I see that its the least chosen model, so now I'm second guessing my choice.

Should I upgrade to a different version, is it going to be worth it in terms of looks and functionality. I do not want to regret later, any information is appreciated.
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you don't off road now, you don't need all that other stuff. The base will be fine, especially on a budget. Once you do start doing more offroad stuff, you can upgrade whatever you need as you can. No offroad vehicle stays stock for long.

You will be able to get factory takeoff wheels, bumpers, rock rails, etc. pretty easily as the aftermarket catches up. I'm getting the BD and know my front bumper and rock rails will be on craigslist soon after I take delivery.

Looks are completely up to you. I buy for function and don't care about looks. My dog is easily impressed.

Sponsored
OP
OP
thrustbronco

thrustbronco

Base
First Name
Shailendra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Your Bronco Model
Base
BigBend gives you 32 inch tires and alloy wheels, and you can go up to the mid package. Bang for buck might be the best option
Thanks, that is something I would be interested in, however I'm not sure what the price for that is, Ford website is showing $28,500 for all models, a bug probably.

Covfefe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Your Bronco Model
Base
Get the base. As the months go by, every little mod you install will feel like a brand new car for years to come!

Plus you'll end up saving a lot of money in the long run, by not getting stuck with options you don't need.

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just here to agree with everything else already posted.

Get which ever trim you feel fits your price point. Don’t go over your budget just to keep up with the Joneses. If you don’t off-road much I would say that a base or big bend would be a good trim, and even those trims are plenty capable off-road. If you ever get into more off-roading you can always start to upgrade/mod over time. Between the Base and Big Bend it really just depends on how many creature comforts you want. Welcome!

Sponsored
OP
OP
thrustbronco

thrustbronco

Base
First Name
Shailendra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks, looks like they are advertising the base model to take on the customizations, the OBX does look way better than base, let me check how much the OBX costs.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Stick with your base
It'll be plenty enough for the majority of people on a budget.
If you decide to venture off road start with new tires (I don't believe the base had stock tires that were worthwhile, I could be wrong). And see where it takes you from there. Can't go wrong with a base, personally I may drop from my Big Bend to save a few bucks myself.

OP
OP
thrustbronco

thrustbronco

Base
First Name
Shailendra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just here to agree with everything else already posted.

Get which ever trim you feel fits your price point. Don’t go over your budget just to keep up with the Joneses. If you don’t off-road much I would say that a base or big bend would be a good trim, and even those trims are plenty capable off-road. If you ever get into more off-roading you can always start to upgrade/mod over time. Between the Base and Big Bend it really just depends on how many creature comforts you want. Welcome!
- Appreciate the Joneses reference, always helps me make better financial decisions, also not a creature comfort person at all. Honestly I think I want to make sure the base doesn't look lame compared to higher end models, also I would think the exterior color options will be limited in base.
Sponsored