First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Lot's of good advice in this thread. I also have pondered if I should just get the base. The BB just seems to hit the initial sweet spot for me.
Sponsored

Simon629

Badlands
First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s all preference my friend. I’m not a off road type guy myself but I love the overall look of the bronco and need a suv considering I am a family man and I don’t like the typical boring and generic SUV’s out there. I’m coming from a Corolla and feel every last crack, dip you name in on the road and this being a off-road vehicle i know it’s gonna be a smooth ride. I was gonna set on a base model as well until I found out the hard top matching the paint color isn’t an option on the base only the big bend trim level and up which is a big one for me so I am opting for the big bend for a nice cleaner look.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

- Appreciate the Joneses reference, always helps me make better financial decisions, also not a creature comfort person at all. Honestly I think I want to make sure the base doesn't look lame compared to higher end models, also I would think the exterior color options will be limited in base.
Looks can be fixed with no more than wheels and tires when you can afford them. 75% of off road function can be had with a rear locker and the mentioned wheels & tires. All can be had for less than the price of the cheapest model upgrade. So, stay with the base, hopefully tires and rear locker can be had al a carte. That said, I'm waiting for the Sasquatch pricing to see if that's a go on my Base reservation

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The reduced color selection on the base model is unfortunate, and something I feared and posted about months ago. I figured the orange might be a special upscale model color, but sad to see the Race Red and Area 51 are also not available on the base. There must be some sales rationale for the color games - studies maybe show it pushes some buyers to higher end models. But for me, it just ticks me off, lol.

I hope when we finally see the base colors in person, there is a color I like. I don't care much about other appearance items, but give me the color I want if you want to sell me a car. Actual material differences, added features and different components for higher prices fine. But no paint color games please.
Limiting color is going to get Ford a lot of trim level upgrades. The paint costs them nothing and makes them thousands$$$, I won't bite...but an Area 51 BD would look sweet!

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

As weird as it sounds, I actually prefer the carpet interior, I love driving around with my toes in the carpet. Swap in some weather techs for the beach and trails and I’m happy.
There's nothing wrong with that, if that's what you like.

For anyone who is going to be tracking in mud and grass on a more regular basis, or anyone who is going to really test out that advertised 33" of fording depth, the carpet and the cloth seats are probably not the best idea. Heck, for anyone who has really spill prone friends or children, the washable interior is probably a selling point.

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
There's nothing wrong with that, if that's what you like.

For anyone who is going to be tracking in mud and grass on a more regular basis, or anyone who is going to really test out that advertised 33" of fording depth, the carpet and the cloth seats are probably not the best idea. Heck, for anyone who has really spill prone friends or children, the washable interior is probably a selling point.
True, I can definitely see the desire.

I never thought about it for water fording though, I’ve driven my H2 through (confirmed) 43 inches of water depth, don’t remember my carpet getting wet, but then again the Bronco can do it with no doors lol.

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

True, I can definitely see the desire.

I never thought about it for water fording though, I’ve driven my H2 through (confirmed) 43 inches of water depth, don’t remember my carpet getting wet, but then again the Bronco can do it with no doors lol.
If your seals are in good shape, I wouldn't expect water to get in, but you never know. Plus, if you pre-walk the obstacle to check for depth, you're going to be wet when you get back in. That's not good for cloth seats and carpeted floors.

Of course, seat covers and WeatherTech floor mats would probably cover you in that case.

Tarjea

Base
First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Correct. You can remote start any vehicle that has FordPass. I have a Ranger with remote start built into the fob, however, I can do it separately with the app. I've used FordPass to start vehicles without a remote start fob as well.
I'd like to ask some questions about this if I may.

How do I ensure that my Base model has this ability when I order, how exactly does it work (I didn't know FordPass existed before the reveal), and what can it do? Isbtgere anything first time users should know?

jason1114

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Been back and forth and forth and back between trims but reading this thread I think I’m going back to my original Base trim and just add bigger tires
Sponsored