First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First of all thanks to everyone on this forum, there is so much useful information here, and a feeling of community.
I have finally mustered the courage to reserve a base 4 door option, I drive a coupe - Civic Si and have always wanted a jeepy SUV or a truck, had been considering Toyota 4runner or tacoma before this news release, Bronco fell off my radar somehow, anyways I'm excited now that its happening, a year will go by before we know it (I know spring is less that a year).
I won't be doing much offroading and do not want to pay more when I won't be making the most of it, also the higher models are a little out of my monthly budget, so I decided to go for the base 4 door model, however on this forum I see that its the least chosen model, so now I'm second guessing my choice.

Should I upgrade to a different version, is it going to be worth it in terms of looks and functionality. I do not want to regret later, any information is appreciated.
Not the popular opinion I'm sure but unless you're stuck on the manual transmission get the base 4 door and add the sasquatch if the price of the package is cost effective once they release it. The justification: If it comes from the factory it's covered under the warranty. These are the most common things to get upgraded so why not get it covered under the bumper to bumper if it's worth it.
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes, it is standard.
That would leave me to believe then I don't need to go Big Bend to get remote start, I can just stick with Base Model and have it unlocked.... hmmm.. Sounds fishy, but until someone else tells me otherwise, I will have to go with that.

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That would leave me to believe then I don't need to go Big Bend to get remote start, I can just stick with Base Model and have it unlocked.... hmmm.. Sounds fishy, but until someone else tells me otherwise, I will have to go with that.
Correct. You can remote start any vehicle that has FordPass. I have a Ranger with remote start built into the fob, however, I can do it separately with the app. I've used FordPass to start vehicles without a remote start fob as well.

DrKennethNoisewater

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 razor scooter
Your Bronco Model
Base
Correct. You can remote start any vehicle that has FordPass. I have a Ranger with remote start built into the fob, however, I can do it separately with the app. I've used FordPass to start vehicles without a remote start fob as well.
Is there some sort of subscription or monthly service fee required to get the connectivity in FordPass that allows remote start?

OP
OP
thrustbronco

thrustbronco

Base
First Name
Shailendra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not the popular opinion I'm sure but unless you're stuck on the manual transmission get the base 4 door and add the sasquatch if the price of the package is cost effective once they release it. The justification: If it comes from the factory it's covered under the warranty. These are the most common things to get upgraded so why not get it covered under the bumper to bumper if it's worth it.
-- Cameron, thanks for your inputs, I would actually prefer automatic, have driven a manual for last few years and live in the city. Hope the sasquatch package is reasonably priced, can't wait for them to release the package options and pricing.

Sponsored

tonyxit

Base
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just bought a new XL 150...and it has Ford pass...remote start and lock....and even tells me where it is at....rubber floor and steel wheels....love it

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is there some sort of subscription or monthly service fee required to get the connectivity in FordPass that allows remote start?
As of October of last year it is free. As long as the vehicle has a modem, it's free.

In other markets there is a complimentary period followed by a monthly fee.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just bought a new XL 150...and it has Ford pass...remote start and lock....and even tells me where it is at....rubber floor and steel wheels....love it
Look I don't say I don't believe anyone here stating it will have it. But if it's really that simple, why do they specifically say that starting with Big Bend, remote start is available.... as an option. Makes me think that the Base model would be missing the cellular modem required to connect.

Basically in my eyes, this remote start is feeling like the elusive Sasquatch... yet we seemed to have found that now ?

I'm gonna need one of our enginerds to show me proof this is possible.. Thanks.

Edit: See @atonge40 post above mine... As long as vehicle has modem.... that's the missing link to the equation, will all Bronco's have that modem.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why does it include Rear View Camera as part of the Mid Package when it's already legally required by law? What else is in that list that's probably standard already? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
I was actually wondering that myself. Maybe the rear camera on the base doesn't have the backup grid. Might be just a basic camera.

Last edited:

Covfefe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Your Bronco Model
Base
The grid lines even if it moves is just a gimmick. They should have worded it "dynamic grid lines for reverse camera"

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
-- Those are very intriguing features, is this mid package the difference between base and big bend, sorry I should have done my research beforehand. Also completely agree on not settling, if i find big bend worth the price difference, I will start saving now.
Mid package is standard starting on OB.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So yesterday I watched a video about the Outer Banks which of course is the first trim level that unlocks the higher packages. I jotted down a couple of things that makes the Outer Banks "special" than any other Trim (for sure the ones below it)

LED Fog Lights
Tube Steps
High Level Instrument Panel Dash (upgraded Dash Screen)
Floor mats for the back (4-door)
Foot Lighting

Options to add (sounds like Stand Alone):

Power Seats
Leather (not trimmed) seats
B&O Sounds
12" Screen
Adaptive Cruise
Forward Sensing
360 Camera

DrKennethNoisewater

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 razor scooter
Your Bronco Model
Base
So yesterday I watched a video about the Outer Banks which of course is the first trim level that unlocks the higher packages. I jotted down a couple of things that makes the Outer Banks "special" than any other Trim (for sure the ones below it)

LED Fog Lights
Tube Steps
High Level Instrument Panel Dash (upgraded Dash Screen)
Floor mats for the back (4-door)
Foot Lighting

Options to add (sounds like Stand Alone):

Power Seats
Leather (not trimmed) seats
B&O Sounds
12" Screen
Adaptive Cruise
Forward Sensing
360 Camera
Do we have any more info on the "high level instrument panel dash?" Is that the screen in the gauge cluster next to the analog tach? I assumed that was standard across trims. If the cool looking digital screen from the promos is not available on the lower trims, that's a bummer.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do we have any more info on the "high level instrument panel dash?" Is that the screen in the gauge cluster next to the analog tach? I assumed that was standard across trims. If the cool looking digital screen from the promos is not available on the lower trims, that's a bummer.
Yes.. it is the screen behind the steering wheel (not that 8" vs 12" one in the middle of the dash).

I think the guy in the video mentioned is was on the new F-150.. not sure but maybe a there is something out there about it already in a different vehicle.

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The aftermarket for this car is going to be huge, I can feel it.
I have always modded my cars, so I am going with the base and putting on the stuff I really need according to my most frequent hobbies: snowboarding, hiking, camping, rock climbing.

I plan on going with friends to rock crawl a few times, but I have zero experience in that, so why dish out the money on something i don't even know that i'll enjoy enough to make my car "better" at it? It will probably see 80% highway and maybe 18% gravel roads, 2% will be rock crawling/mudding.

But this is just me, everyone will have different goals/experiences.
Sponsored