Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What’s with the navigation subscription? Is that for the trail nav? My F150 XLT has navigation that I don’t pay for
The subscription part is most likely for updates, traffic, etc.
Sponsored

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First of all thanks to everyone on this forum, there is so much useful information here, and a feeling of community.
I have finally mustered the courage to reserve a base 4 door option, I drive a coupe - Civic Si and have always wanted a jeepy SUV or a truck, had been considering Toyota 4runner or tacoma before this news release, Bronco fell off my radar somehow, anyways I'm excited now that its happening, a year will go by before we know it (I know spring is less that a year).
I won't be doing much offroading and do not want to pay more when I won't be making the most of it, also the higher models are a little out of my monthly budget, so I decided to go for the base 4 door model, however on this forum I see that its the least chosen model, so now I'm second guessing my choice.

Should I upgrade to a different version, is it going to be worth it in terms of looks and functionality. I do not want to regret later, any information is appreciated.
Get what makes you happy, and that you can afford. Don’t worry about what others think. I personally think the base will look fine with Sasquatch and upgraded bumpers. The colors are limited though.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
It makes a lot of sense and it seems as I have ruffled feathers.

I worked @ Manheim for over 7 years. Base models sell worse and have worse resale. These are facts from my experience.

https://jalopnik.com/here-are-four-reasons-why-you-should-never-ever-buy-a-1673044072
Why does it matter?

If the base model has everything offered I want, then there’s no reason to spend more money for features I don’t need or want.

Now with that said if Ford offered a V8 Bronco I would easily pay $25,000 more to get that option, but of the available options, they have everything desirable covered in base.

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why does it matter?

If the base model has everything offered I want, then there’s no reason to spend more money for features I don’t need or want.

Now with that said if Ford offered a V8 Bronco I would easily pay $25,000 more to get that option, but of the available options, they have everything desirable covered in base.
I guess we will see. We can pull this thread up in 3 years and see the base take rate.

Remember this forum is a very small sample of actual Bronco ownership which will be mostly yuppies and soccer moms like me ;)

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why does it matter?

I know a lot of people go for higher optioned cars for resale because they will pay a fraction of what those options cost new. So you gonna spend 10k more in options so it’s easier to sell in 5 years, I don’t think so. Leaning base, obviously.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

just remember the base 4-door comes with an automatic, if that's ok with you, then its actually a much better deal than jumping up a level to Big Bend which goes back down to a manual. I don't get why Ford did that, but they did (so far, they might change it). The only thing not easily changed/upgraded after purchase is the drivetrain, so get the base with the drivetrain of choice and go from there. That's what I'm doing. I won't need everything at first either as I don't really offroad much, but IF I get more interested I know I can upgrade whatever needs to be done.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know a lot of people go for higher optioned cars for resale because they will pay a fraction of what those options cost new. So you gonna spend 10k more in options so it’s easier to sell in 5 years, I don’t think so. Leaning base, obviously.
Exactly, to add on to that, most of the options on the Bronco in higher levels is tech, who wants old tech in 5-10 years? personally it has no value. It’s an extra headache.

When it comes to my vehicle I’m going to buy the options I want, not options I don’t need.

The base Bronco is freaking loaded, I’ve looked through the options list and see nothing, not a single reason to go above base. The only changes are in tech, comfort(minimally), or Visuals.

I normally love a well optioned vehicle, but this one makes no sense to move up.

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

First of all thanks to everyone on this forum, there is so much useful information here, and a feeling of community.
I have finally mustered the courage to reserve a base 4 door option, I drive a coupe - Civic Si and have always wanted a jeepy SUV or a truck, had been considering Toyota 4runner or tacoma before this news release, Bronco fell off my radar somehow, anyways I'm excited now that its happening, a year will go by before we know it (I know spring is less that a year).
I won't be doing much offroading and do not want to pay more when I won't be making the most of it, also the higher models are a little out of my monthly budget, so I decided to go for the base 4 door model, however on this forum I see that its the least chosen model, so now I'm second guessing my choice.

Should I upgrade to a different version, is it going to be worth it in terms of looks and functionality. I do not want to regret later, any information is appreciated.
Don't buy more truck than you can afford just because all of the cool kids are doing it. There's nothing wrong with Base, especially if you're DDing it 99% of the time and not tackling trails that are beyond your capability as a driver the other 1% of the time. As your driving ability goes up and your budget allows, you can always add a lift and bigger tires and all of the other cool stuff later. Plus, you'll be able to put on one of those "Built, not bought" stickers, and then you'll be one of the cool kids anyway.

Sponsored

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

not a single reason to go above base.
Washable interior, which should have been standard on the base, but you have to go Black Diamond or Badlands to get it. And that's the only thing I can think of that you can't get in Base that would make me think of upgrading.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Washable interior, which should have been standard on the base, but you have to go Black Diamond or Badlands to get it. And that's the only thing I can think of that you can't get in Base that would make me think of upgrading.
That is my struggle.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
As weird as it sounds, I actually prefer the carpet interior, I love driving around with my toes in the carpet. Swap in some weather techs for the beach and trails and I’m happy.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The reduced color selection on the base model is unfortunate, and something I feared and posted about months ago. I figured the orange might be a special upscale model color, but sad to see the Race Red and Area 51 are also not available on the base. There must be some sales rationale for the color games - studies maybe show it pushes some buyers to higher end models. But for me, it just ticks me off, lol.

I hope when we finally see the base colors in person, there is a color I like. I don't care much about other appearance items, but give me the color I want if you want to sell me a car. Actual material differences, added features and different components for higher prices fine. But no paint color games please.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The reduced color selection on the base model is unfortunate, and something I feared and posted about months ago. I figured the orange might be a special upscale model color, but sad to see the Race Red and Area 51 are also not available on the base. There must be some sales rationale for the color games - studies maybe show it pushes some buyers to higher end models. But for me, it just ticks me off, lol.

I hope when we finally see the base colors in person, there is a color I like. I don't care much about other appearance items, but give me the color I want if you want to sell me a car. Actual material differences, added features and different components for higher prices fine. But no paint color games please.
No Cactus Gray either. They need to bend a little.
Sponsored