Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Base Camp.

All this emphasis on getting out there "In the Wild", "Born Wild", , going on these outdoor activity excursions in places like the "Badlands" or "Black Diamond" trails, the "Outer Banks", so on and so forth..... "Monuments with Death in their name..."

I thought it might be cool, if not gimmicky, to call the Base model "Base Camp", which should bring to mind attempts at the worlds toughest climbs.
Too gimmicky?
Just a thought.
Sponsored

Staticclism

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
230k mile 1996 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think that's a great idea, but that also might be exactly why they just have the name plain - to "shame" folks into getting a higher trim.

Runningwaters

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Base Camp.

All this emphasis on getting out there "In the Wild", "Born Wild", , going on these outdoor activity excursions in places like the "Badlands" or "Black Diamond" trails, the "Outer Banks", so on and so forth..... "Monuments with Death in their name..."

I thought it might be cool, if not gimmicky, to call the Base model "Base Camp", which should bring to mind attempts at the worlds toughest climbs.
Too gimmicky?
Just a thought.
I read your title, thought “Base Camp“ would be perfect, clicked on the forum to say that, and saw you think so too.I would personally love that. The people who are getting the higher trims are getting them regardless. The people getting the base are getting it regardless. But having the name “Base Camp” gives the entire Bronco line a little specialness from top to bottom.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It probably wont say Base anywhere on it so what does it really matter? It will look quasi unbadged.
Just Ford Bronco, And as such, it's there to make your own Bronco. Let the mods begin!

Besides the 16" steelies and stock clearance aren't getting anyone to Base Camp. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It probably wont say Base anywhere on it so what does it really matter? It will look quasi unbadged.
Just Ford Bronco, And as such, it's there to make your own Bronco. Let the mods begin!

Besides the 16" steelies and stock clearance aren't getting anyone to Base Camp. :ROFLMAO:

you can buy 33's for 16" wheels. I have seen 2WD trucks "make it" to base camp. Getting up the mountain was a little hard. ?‍♂

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL, Third base camp....

I just add, if you know what you're doing, everybody can make it to "Base Camp" with the stock equipment. The aftermarket equipment might make it funner or easier....

BoneyRoads

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think that's a great idea, but that also might be exactly why they just have the name plain - to "shame" folks into getting a higher trim.
giphy.gif

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Depends where base is....when your LSD front is throwing mud from both tires pulling you up the bank as your locked rear pushed you out of a stream, you know you need more than an open diff 4wd.

Chamberlin

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
On this same theme, I'd like to see them change the "First Edition" trim name to something else too.... Technically, all of these new Broncos are First Editions! Opportunity wasted in my opinion, but lately there's that silly "first edition" mantra that all car companies go by, whether it's a Mazda Miata or Land Rover Defender (i.e. reason for purposeful 'rarity' and crazy markup).

I just think it'd be nice to have the base and first edition trims follow the same colorful names as the other trims. Good call on "Base Camp"! Now what about that lack luster First Edition name? ?

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did someone say Bass? Oh, Base! Sorry.

Ford Bronco Should they rename the "Base" model? giphy

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

On this same theme, I'd like to see them change the "First Edition" trim name to something else too....
I agree. In my experience "first edition" cars don't really have a positive vibe.. due to the "don't buy a first year model they haven't worked out the bugs yet" thinking. Don't know if its warranted or not but shopping for used cars I always try and target a 2nd-3rd year or later model if possible.

Rather than "first edition" as all are "first editions" as a good point.. they should have named it "Jack Hammer" or "Sledge Hammer" or something. One of the trails in Johnson Valley / King of the Hammers land since it was developed/tested there.. a shot at the "Rubicon" being named after a tough trail.

I kind of like the "no-badging make it your own" concept on the base myself

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Although my CJ with 31" tires has seen way more action than the JK down the block from me. That JK is all kitted out and has 35" tires. But it's never been off-road.

In my opinion tire diameter can be overrated. In Moab for example, I usually didn't care so much about being higher up in the air, rather I cared more about lower center of gravity and not rolling over! :)