Sponsored

Should we consider the "Nationwide" Lifetime Warranty when selecting a dealer?

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Should we consider the Nationwide Lifetime Warranty when selecting a Dealer?

I reserved my Bronco at a dealership whom I have purchased from in the past however they do not offer the Nationwide Warranty. Should this be a deciding factor when placing my order should changing dealerships be allowed?

Also, I know there are rumors of the possibility of X-Plan pricing or lack thereof and it seems the Nationwide Warranty is not available when using the X-Plan which will need to be considered as well.

Warranty Example: https://www.lakelandford.com/lakeland-automall-nationwide-lifetime-warranty

I believe to recall seeing some people get their Shelby GT350 engines replaced using this warranty in the past?

Like everyone else I am probably overthinking this but what else am I going to do without a config/build tool or package pricing?
Sponsored

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would love to know more about this as well. I live out West but maybe worth buying and having the car shipped with that?

BDB21

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 F-250 Tremor / '71 Bronco / '20 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am also interested in hearing more about this. I would feel bad not supporting my local dealership but something like this would be hard to pass up.

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This sort of warranty is available from dealerships all over the U.S. to my knowledge and not limited to Ford. I just don't know if there is really any true value to the warranty that would make it worth considering changing dealerships or possibly foregoing the X Plan.

Sponsored

Jp215

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey ford senior master tech here. It’s my understanding that it If it’s a Ford factory warranty, like bumper to bumper(3/36), power train, and emissions then it must be honored by all dealerships. If you encounter a dealership that says they can’t accept it then you should call ford customer service and verify. If the understanding of ford warranty I’ve been told is correct, then If the dealership can’t accept it then the dealer either doesnt not have any (or enough)certified techs because techs must be certified to do warranty work.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'll just be getting Ford ESP on the cheap from Flood Ford. Easy, no brainer.
Me too. It's a shame, folks from Florida can't get that deal.

nelson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3, Mustang, Tacoma, Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Me too. It's a shame, folks from Florida can't get that deal.
I have an 8yr 60K policy on my Mustang, it was like.. $800. I know the AC evap will go out on this thing so its pretty much already paid for itself.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This one looks good in print, but I have an opinion on things that look to good to be true.

Some dealers around here do similar, but require the work be done at that dealer, and if any suggested repair isn't done, warranty is void, They generate enough service profit with unnecessary repairs to pay for anything pretty easily.

That said we also have customers that purchase online warranties, and I have yet to ever see one pay a claim, they send an inspector (who's a mechanic and usually pretty knowledgeable), he'll take pictures and usually agrees on the repair, he sends the info to the company and the next day the customer get's a call with an excuse why its abuse or not covered because off some other issue, etc. I'm not saying there isn't good warranty's, but my experience says other than manufacturer warranty's the odds are against you.

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the feedback. I think as we get closer to December we will all be able to shop around with our reservations to see which dealership is eager to win the business including extended warranty options (hopefully backed by Ford). I like how Ford is setting the reservation process to be in the buyers favor which will ultimately sell more and hopefully increase the stock value.
Sponsored