Sponsored

Shouldn't a 2.7L cost you only $300 additional with Sasquatch rather than $1,895?

Gasherbrum

Base
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Off Road, Beater Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Under B&P the cost of an automatic is included if you opt for the 2.7L so $1,895 combined. So if you're ordering a sasquatch (which includes an auto on the current B & P), shouldn't the cost of going to a 2.7 from a 2.3 in theory be only $300 additional? - i.e. the difference over the separate automatic charge of $ 1,595? On the current B&P you are charged the full $1,895 for a 2.7 even though you're already paying for the auto in the Sasquatch package.
Sponsored

Steamroller72

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM Sport Quad Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hmmm, you could be onto something there.

B&P is riddled with glitches.

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just add mid on a Big Bend if you want to see something. On some models it adds the automatic for -$100 if I remember correctly. One of the bad things about the recent delay was that I was hoping with real orders happening we would get the pricing issues cleared up.

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also, the additional cost you are seeing with Sasquatch is the Auto 4WD, not the automatic being added. It doesn't show up, but adds to the total. IMO, everything will have its own price come order time and a lot of builds will be higher than people expected because of this. In other words, no more "free" automatic with any option that currently requires it. Kind of crazy that it has gone on this long, and it is possible I will be proven wrong, but that's what I think is going to happen.

Sponsored

BroncoZ

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The way it seems to be priced is $1895 for the 2.7 with free auto. You get charged $1895 regardless of weather or not your trims comes with auto.

OP
OP
Gasherbrum

Gasherbrum

Base
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Off Road, Beater Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ran the B&P for 5 models with Sasquatch packages & compared the additional cost of going to the 2.7:

The additional cost of the 2.7 for Badlands and Black Diamond was only $300 which is the difference between the MSRP of the 2.7 and the auto. On the B&P summary the cost of the auto and the sasquatch package are reflected separately for these models and the cost of the auto ($ 1,595) goes to zero when you choose the 2.7L

The additional cost of going to the 2.7 for the Base, Big Bend and OBX is the full $1,895 MSRP of the 2.7 - on the B&P summary the cost of the auto is not reflected separately and is included in the cost of the Sasquatch package. So when you choose the 2.7 on B&P you are charged the full $1,895 even though you are already paying for the auto with the sasquatch package.

Hopefully this is just a glitz in the current B&P and is fixed on the forthcoming revision. While it's also possible Ford is charging the lower end models an extra $ 1,595 for the Sasquatch package this would be contrary to the $ 1,895 combined cost of the 2.7 and auto. I'm looking at a base Squatch and getting the 2.7 for $ 300 additional is a no brainer, paying an additional $1,895 is a tougher decision.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also, the additional cost you are seeing with Sasquatch is the Auto 4WD, not the automatic being added. It doesn't show up, but adds to the total. IMO, everything will have its own price come order time and a lot of builds will be higher than people expected because of this. In other words, no more "free" automatic with any option that currently requires it. Kind of crazy that it has gone on this long, and it is possible I will be proven wrong, but that's what I think is going to happen.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it's been confirmed through the price sheet given to dealers if I remember right.

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That would be awesome. If there was a confirmation, I must have missed it.

Sponsored

TxBronc

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 bronco,2006 Tacoma,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The way I read it is if you go Sasquatch the automatic shows o but if I add up the extra's it shows $795.00 for the auto. If you go 2.3 and auto it shows the full 1595.00 for auto. But since the 2.7 requires the AT it only charges 795.00 .

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know, packages are put together for a purpose other than what the consumer will pay (more about creating space in what Ford has to pay to build it and the popularity of it) so you can't just do the parts individually and then assume something should cost this/that. There would be zero incentive for Ford to lower the cost of a better engine because someone buys a suspension package. They also probably feel more people will by the big-boy version of the Bronco instead of the bigger motor (which judging from this forum sees accurate).
Sponsored