First Name
Trench
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does the Badlands have a taller suspension? I have a 4 door base ( i know different trim and doors) and it doesn't look like it has that much room between fender flares and tires and i have 33 inch ko2's.
It is a bit taller. Ford markets it as the “Badlands suspension,” although it is basically like .5 inches shorter than the Sasquatch suspension.

Nice tire choice.
Sponsored

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll add mine to the mix.

285/70r17 KO2s
Eibach lift
1552 Patrol HD wheels
Warn evo10s
KC gravity 6 roof bar
KC flex era 4 ditch lights
Relentless fab bumper, badass tents roof rack

Some bits and bobs inside.

038A7197.jpg

Usdmmark

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Base
It is a bit taller. Ford markets it as the “Badlands suspension,” although it is basically like .5 inches shorter than the Sasquatch suspension.

Nice tire choice.
Thanks I had no idea, I knew the suspension was different but was unaware there was a height difference.

here’s a pic of mine

EEC79D70-C3C9-4C84-AF12-3963DC150ECF.jpeg

Cardboardbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Cb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Your axles, steering, suspension and drivetrain will thanks you. I no longer try and explain that “fit” and “works right” aren’t the same. I know it can be done and the 2.7 with 4.27s isn’t too and for drove ability, but for most people the 33s are a better all around choice!

I’ve had this question myself. I want to put 33s on my Big Bend rims but wondering if that would be stretching it even though they technically fit without taking the crash bars out. I ultimately want it to “work right”. Do you think it would be better to just upgrade the rims to an 8” like a proper badlands has?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve had this question myself. I want to put 33s on my Big Bend rims but wondering if that would be stretching it even though they technically fit without taking the crash bars out. I ultimately want it to “work right”. Do you think it would be better to just upgrade the rims to an 8” like a proper badlands has?
17x9 +30 offset seems perfect for 33's and no mods.

Ford Bronco Show 33's some love picture thread IMG_20220525_220812
Ford Bronco Show 33's some love picture thread received_435982424823729

Sponsored

BRKOBILLY2

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

285/65R/18 KO2
Ford Bronco Show 33's some love picture thread IMG_3274

BRKOBILLY2

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Love this! Any lift or modifications?
Thanks, it is probably the only truck I have no interest in selling or getting the next shiny model. No lift yet, have not ruled it out. Only modification on outside is Bronco Script, Tint front windows, and RC Tow Hooks with RhinoUSA red d-rings.

jrnewnew5

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks, it is probably the only truck I have no interest in selling or getting the next shiny model. No lift yet, have not ruled it out. Only modification on outside is Bronco Script, Tint front windows, and RC Tow Hooks with RhinoUSA red d-rings.
Thats awesome! So no rubbing or issues with that tire without a lift or crash bars removed? Having mine installed tomorrow? Same tire and size.

BRKOBILLY2

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thats awesome! So no rubbing or issues with that tire without a lift or crash bars removed? Having mine installed tomorrow? Same tire and size.
No all good man, didn't remove crash bars. Good luck and enjoy! Just coming up on 1 yr and it has been a joy. I probably could spend a fortune on mods if I let myself, but just want to enjoy and let the mods come when I get the itch or stale feeling to have the wow keep last!!! My wife jokes as she can't understand why everyone stops her to complement. I have done weather tech floor mats and Ford Bronco cargo mat and some other stuff and all the off road gear I didn't have.

Sponsored

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How are you all liking your KO2’s? I haven’t owned a set in a long time. I recall they run a little smaller in circumference than most other brands.

For 285/70/17 I’m looking at ko2, ridge grapplers, open country AT3 all in C load. The AT3 is the only one I’ve never tried, so I’m leaning on picking those up.
Have made 2 trips to Montana on my stock KO2s on my BL. Summer and winter trips. The tires did great in both seasons. I was driving through a foot or more of snow on hilly terrain and the tires gripped great. I don't have a lot of experience off-roading so have nothing to compare to, but I went up some pretty steep, snow-covered hills and the Bronco did just fine.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would defer to the tire manufacturer. It depends on section width of the tire. 285 width generally seems to specify 7.5” to 9” width, so may be at the narrow end. It also depends on how you plan to use the tires. If you are on the narrow end of wheel width specifications and you need to air down to low pressures, your bead retention may not be as good as a wider wheel.

TheMadTrench

Badlands
First Name
Trench
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks I had no idea, I knew the suspension was different but was unaware there was a height difference.

here’s a pic of mine

Ford Bronco Show 33's some love picture thread IMG_3274
Beautiful

Baseaf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

285/75/16, 16x0 0 offset, 2 inch zone lift.

6B64AA4A-BFBB-4F9E-BFFC-AA9233A391BD.jpeg

Usdmmark

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Base
285/75/16, 16x0 0 offset, 2 inch zone lift.

Ford Bronco Show 33's some love picture thread 6B64AA4A-BFBB-4F9E-BFFC-AA9233A391BD
any side shots? been debating putting my zone 2 inch kit on and keeping the 33's.
Sponsored