Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX, Platinum Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did your wheels come like that or did you have them painted?
Sponsored

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

4x4KS

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Rocktrix 17x9 (+12 offset) on Cooper Discoverer XLT 285/70s. No lift, front crash bars removed. So far, Im happy with them.
20221108_164619.jpg
20221108_164634.jpg
20221108_164355.jpg
That looks awesome!! I am a complete Noob, when I look at those wheels they pull up with the option of 93.1 or 106.1 bore for Bronco's, do you know which one you got? I just received my 4 door base yesterday and am super excited! Also, do you think I could get away with 285/75R17's if I remove the crash bars? Thanks for any and all help!

Sponsored

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That looks awesome!! I am a complete Noob, when I look at those wheels they pull up with the option of 93.1 or 106.1 bore for Bronco's, do you know which one you got?
The Bronco hub bore is 93.1, so those would be a direct fit. The larger bore will work fine, but some people prefer to run spacers with them.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
33's gave me exactly the look and performance I wanted.
20221115_153754-1.jpg
There is something about your truck that just works. I don't normally like blue vehicles, but I love yours. The aluminum wheels, white wall letters and white flares/door stripe, and somehow even the black roof looks good (Did you paint that or is it stock?)

I would love to see your top painted or wrapped white... but as is it looks fantastic. And of course the 33s look great.

Rimrattle

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks Rusty for the kind words. The "Bronk" draws a ton of attention. The roof is stock and will remain so till summer when I go soft top. It has been mistaken several times for a restored EB.......I LOVE that.

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That looks awesome!! I am a complete Noob, when I look at those wheels they pull up with the option of 93.1 or 106.1 bore for Bronco's, do you know which one you got? I just received my 4 door base yesterday and am super excited! Also, do you think I could get away with 285/75R17's if I remove the crash bars? Thanks for any and all help!
Thank you.

Honestly, I never got an option for a different bore size. I took a chance on ordering them from amazon.

With regards to 285/75s, you shouldn't have a problem. I cleared but didnt like how close the front bars were, so I took them off. You should be fine if you pull both.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm pretty happy with them so far, about 8500 miles, 1 rotation so far, including the spare into the rotation. They started off pretty quiet, but get louder at rotation, until they settle in. Tire is way overkill (10 ply, load range E) for the weight of the truck, but i run them pretty low PSI (32-ish, enough to keep the TPMS light off) and air them down a lot for wheeling.

Good rain performance (even at highway speeds) and fine road handling in dry. I have a mostly country lane commute and routine in VT, as well as i drive 5+ miles of dirt roads every day to my home. They can get pretty gnarly depending on time of year. If you're looking for quiet and ultimate comfort, i'd go with more of an A/T tire, but for my needs, they're just about perfect.

T
Question for you @FrostedNuts - since I'm literally installing the same tires on the same model/trim when my Bronco arrives in ~1 week.

My dealer, who I trust (my dad retired there after a 40ish year career), said that I need to formally accept delivery and do all the paperwork BEFORE they install the Falken M/T 255/85r16 tires. They said this is their standard procedure for all aftermarket (especially non-OEM) accessories that are being added at the time of delivery/sale. So, in other words, I'll look over/drive the Bronco, do all the paperwork, and then they'll immediately install the tires for me. That's all fine. Here's my concern...

The dealer said that the reason they follow this process for tires is that changing tires/sizes can sometimes cause problems for the tire pressure sensors. So, my question is whether changing the tires/pressure caused any issues for you (I see your 32 PSI note above). My sales guy said something like "we don't want to change the tires and have the pressure sensors acting up when you pick up your truck. If we need to swap out the sensors to accomodate the different tires/pressure, it needs to be clear the issue is caused by the aftermarket tires, not that they were defective upon delivery." I get that, I'm making a non-factory change and it will have impacts on other systems.

Of course, this has me concerned about warranty, which I had sort of made peace with in my mind...

I'd welcome feedback from anybody with experience to share with dealer-installed larger tires...

Usdmmark

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Factory Badlands. Capable stance
Ford Bronco Show 33's some love picture thread 20221115_153754-1
Does the Badlands have a taller suspension? I have a 4 door base ( i know different trim and doors) and it doesn't look like it has that much room between fender flares and tires and i have 33 inch ko2's.

Perk 22

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Switched to 295/70/17. No lift, crash bars still on. Its an 11.6 in width vs the 285/70 11.2 width. I did go qith 17x8 +35 offset wheels.

Bronco Nitto.jpg

Bronco nitto3.jpg

Bronco nitto4.jpg

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey everyone!

I just picked up a 2 door BD and I'm in the process of ordering some new shoes. Don't get me wrong, I love the look of tall lifts and 35's and 37's, but due to height restrictions, gas prices, etc etc, I've decided to go with 33's (285/70/17).

I've looked all over these forums, and haven't found a dedicated 33" picture thread, so I'm hoping to start one here. Please post what you got, and state your tire/wheel brand and offsets. Thanks!
Your axles, steering, suspension and drivetrain will thanks you. I no longer try and explain that “fit” and “works right” aren’t the same. I know it can be done and the 2.7 with 4.27s isn’t too and for drove ability, but for most people the 33s are a better all around choice!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does the Badlands have a taller suspension? I have a 4 door base ( i know different trim and doors) and it doesn't look like it has that much room between fender flares and tires and i have 33 inch ko2's.
Yes, it is nominally 0.6" lift over the base suspension.

33's will fit fine with the right offset rims.
Sponsored