Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Now, that Ford has given us what we shouldn’t have had to ask for. Who’s in?

Ford Bronco Show of hands. Who’s going Mansquatch or not? Vote in poll 1600697295337
Sponsored

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

O'Carroll

Black Diamond
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camry SE
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Considering it from a price standpoint only really. I’m getting a 2-Door, and I’m still not convinced that 35” tires are a better decision for me than 33” tires since I’m no off-roader at all. My decision all along was the trade-off between looking cool (basesquatch with 2.7L) and having all of the creature comforts (outer banks no squatch, lux package). Now being able to configure 2.3L manbasesquatch definitely adds a wrinkle to the comparison.

Sponsored

Sponsored

GoneAndDusted

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm still on the fence. I'm planning to get a 2 door BL with the manual. I like the look of the Sasquatch package, but also interested to see what aftermarket lifts will become available that will be better than the small lift plus little less travel the Sasquatch changes bring to fit 35s.

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I definitely not need it but the Bronco looks great on those 35s...
So yes considering it!

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Before today, the plan was a Manual Badlands. The manual was more important than Sasquatch because we'd rather spend that money on nicer interior features. A Badlands no squatch is plenty capable rig for what we would do.

So, although I do strongly WANT the BadManSquatch, it will come down to the price adder - and our willingness to wait for a late 2021 delivery :(

If the sasquatch is > $1500 adder on a manual 2.3 Badlands, we're probably out. Rather take that money and put it towards a better interior package and slap 35s on the Badlands when the 33s wear out. I also don't want to receive my Bronco in late fall/winter 2021 when its 30 degrees outside and we can't take the top/doors off... :cry:

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Before today, the plan was a Manual Badlands. The manual was more important than Sasquatch because we'd rather spend that money on nicer interior features. A Badlands no squatch is plenty capable rig for what we would do.

So, although I do strongly WANT the BadManSquatch, it will come down to the price adder - and our willingness to wait for a late 2021 delivery :(

If the sasquatch is > $1500 adder on a manual 2.3 Badlands, we're probably out. Rather take that money and put it towards a better interior package and slap 35s on the Badlands when the 33s wear out. I also don't want to receive my Bronco in late fall/winter 2021 when its 30 degrees outside and we can't take the top/doors off... :cry:
Be careful what we wish for, right? ?

Mansquatch really changes the math on packages.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When Ford made the announcement of the Bronco back in July I wanted the Base with Squatch! Then found out it wasn't offered with the manual so I scrapped Squatch because I definitely wanted the manual.

Now I am reconsidering, but will I realistically use the Squatch features. I'm a beginner as far as off-roading goes, no way ready to do any serious technical trails and rock-crawling... Maybe I'd sell the MT's and go with AT's, Squatch makes a 2dr pretty cool looking! Doing it for looks would be financially dumb for me. Does Ford have a history with 2.3L manual with something like Squatch, will this be Version-1. I'm not interested in being a test subject. Probably talking myself out of it as I write this, in all practicality.

Maybe B&P pricing will make that decision for me.

Edit: And 35" tires are so dang expensive come time to replace them.
Sponsored

Last edited: