Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Depends on how savings and timeline are looking at ordering time. I don't want to get into a massive payment or still be making payments when the car is out of warranty, so I'm limiting myself to financing 25k. If I can afford the comforts, sasquatch, and v6, then maybe I skip mansquatch. But the manual on the sasquatch is a great compromise to get a lower price point and still a phenomenal rig if I need to keep things under 35k or so.
Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Glad they are offering it for those who want it, but I was not planning on Squatch from the get go so.

StaticAnalysis

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shouldn't a manual Badlands with Sasquatch package arrive earlier than a late 2021 delivery? It already has most of the Sasquatch stuff except for the lift and 35 inch wheels right?

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Glad they are offering it for those who want it, but I was not planning on Squatch from the get go so.
Sasquatch confused. ?

Ford Bronco Show of hands. Who’s going Mansquatch or not? Vote in poll 1600699949956

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When Ford made the announcement of the Bronco back in July I wanted the Base with Squatch! Then found out it wasn't offered with the manual so I scrapped Squatch because I definitely wanted the manual.

Now I am reconsidering, but will I realistically use the Squatch features. I'm a beginner as far as off-roading goes, no way ready to do any serious technical trails and rock-crawling... Maybe I'd sell the MT's and go with AT's, Squatch makes a 2dr pretty cool looking! Doing it for looks would be financially dumb for me. Does Ford have a history with 2.3L manual with something like Squatch, will this be Version-1. I'm not interested in being a test subject. Probably talking myself out of it as I write this, in all practicality.

Maybe B&P pricing will make that decision for me.

Edit: And 35" tires are so dang expensive come time to replace them.
35s are expensive compared to what size? When I was browsing ko2s I thought 33vs35 was only like $30/tire difference. I could be wrong, assuming those numbers I don’t think $150 bucks every few years will matter that much to most.

Sponsored

MHand52

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT/CS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone think that a Manual Sasquatch will be a less expensive option than the Sasquatch in Auto? Just assuming, if the Auto is a $2000 option, Sasquatch is $4500, will they allow a Manual Sasquatch for say $2500 or $3000?? That certainly makes the debate tougher on my end, whilst debating a Black Diamond or Big Bend-Squatch.

SkullsWalk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW GTI 3-Door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shouldn't a manual Badlands with Sasquatch package arrive earlier than a late 2021 delivery? It already has most of the Sasquatch stuff except for the lift and 35 inch wheels right?
I think upgraded axles as well unless you go with badlands that already has them.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not if it's late availability.

Also, I need to be able to understand what the difference is between the Badlands and Sasquatch suspension. If they're identical or nearly so, there's zero reason to Squatch the Badlands. I'll just buy 35" tires when the 33s wear out.

Appalachia_Ewok

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 PT Cruiser, '62 DeVille, '96 XJ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just don't see the Squatch package with the 4cyl being a good daily driver. It would be fine as a trail rig but not many people blow that kind of money on a brand new vehicle for just a trail vehicle that's gonna get smashed up. If you have to commute any distance on the interstate or want to go on long haul road trips in this thing I would get the 2.7 or stay away from the lifts/35s.

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Does anyone think that a Manual Sasquatch will be a less expensive option than the Sasquatch in Auto? Just assuming, if the Auto is a $2000 option, Sasquatch is $4500, will they allow a Manual Sasquatch for say $2500 or $3000?? That certainly makes the debate tougher on my end, whilst debating a Black Diamond or Big Bend-Squatch.
I never understood the cost of the sasquatch to include the mandatory auto. I.e., with those numbers, base manual to auto sasquatch 2.3 would be 2k + 4.5k = 6.5k.

I also don't see how the sasquatch can't get cheaper on higher trims. E.g., why would you pay the same for the package that includes a rear locker on the Base as you would on a Black Diamond, which already includes a rear locker? The bigger tires get, less you should pay for Sasquatch also, IMO. The jump in value between Base steelies and 30" tires vs. Big Bend rims and 32" tires should be reflected in a lower price on the Sasquatch, otherwise the best value is in the Base ?‍♂

Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

spent the morning looking at prices and for me I am looking at 3 options. Using the bronco x plan pricing in the sticky thread.

Base sas 4 door with hardtop and bash plate and modular bumper is just under 40k at 39,542. Cheap option with cloth seats and carpet...eh but hellova price for performance.

Black diamond with sas and hard top comes in at 42,736. 1,334 savings compared to Badlands...loosing the SBD.

Badlands is the control if you will. 44,070 with the hardtop.

The interesting thing is adding the mid to the black diamond above makes it 166 more...so mid package no SBD...hmmmm. wife would like the mid...I don't care.

Lots to think about. basequatch is tempting for the cost savings but I think I am out. Still down to the BD sas and maybe mid vs BL std. Ford might get an addition 166 out of me.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

35s are expensive compared to what size? When I was browsing ko2s I thought 33vs35 was only like $30/tire difference. I could be wrong, assuming those numbers I don’t think $150 bucks every few years will matter that much to most.
The 32's that come with Big Bend (which I currently have planned).

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I still have a hard time paying extra for Squatch wheels and tires, and giving up the stock set. So I'm thinking stay with Badlands, use the stock set up Fall through Spring, then invest the extra money on a unique set of wheels and 35s for Spring through Fall. By the time I'm ready for a wheel/tire upgrade, there's probably gonna be a shit-ton of Squatch wheels and tires for sale on CL or Ebay, cause people won't be able to resist something different.

I'm also not crazy about the extra wait time for Squatch and Manual, so Badlands gets me up and running sooner. An aftermarket lift - or no lift at all, can all be considered later.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't want the 2.3L. If they'd offered a manual with the 2.7L I'd have gone that direction. But they didn't and likely won't so I'll stick to my original path.