Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.socalfj40.com
Vehicle(s)
'74 Toyota FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love that it's an option and it's available but you need a very special use case to justify it in my opinion and I can't justify it because I already have a vehicle (FJ40) that's a plenty Stout.
Sponsored

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Giving up the manual with the STI. Can I keep my man card if I still have the 911?

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Before today, the plan was a Manual Badlands. The manual was more important than Sasquatch because we'd rather spend that money on nicer interior features. A Badlands no squatch is plenty capable rig for what we would do.

So, although I do strongly WANT the BadManSquatch, it will come down to the price adder - and our willingness to wait for a late 2021 delivery :(

If the sasquatch is > $1500 adder on a manual 2.3 Badlands, we're probably out. Rather take that money and put it towards a better interior package and slap 35s on the Badlands when the 33s wear out. I also don't want to receive my Bronco in late fall/winter 2021 when its 30 degrees outside and we can't take the top/doors off... :cry:

In a similar boat. It all depended on cost, now it's dependent on Late 2021 availability. I don't think I'll be able to wait that long.

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Never was a fan of stick but I'm super stoked they made it a option! As someone else said in this thread I'll be rocking the Slush-Squatch :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Bronco_joe

Black Diamond
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Badlands 2.3 manual. Already have 37s waiting in the garage. Need rims and whatever lift to fit

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I’m in. Was going with a manual BD noSquatch. If the Squatch was more reasonably priced on BD, I’d do that, but I think the survey indicated still $4500 on BD. The BaseManSquatch is just looking like too good a deal. If I can add seat heaters a la carte, that will be awesome. Not pumped about the colors available on base, but man, it is a smoking value.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

would love to but it'd be a waste. i don't offroad that much to make the cost of it worth it. down the road when shocks need to be replaced, i'll definitely upgrade to something much better than stock and probably better than sasquatch. and tires will be upgraded. hope to get at least a rear locker too. but thats it.
will definitely get a manual though.

MHand52

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT/CS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I never understood the cost of the sasquatch to include the mandatory auto. I.e., with those numbers, base manual to auto sasquatch 2.3 would be 2k + 4.5k = 6.5k.

I also don't see how the sasquatch can't get cheaper on higher trims. E.g., why would you pay the same for the package that includes a rear locker on the Base as you would on a Black Diamond, which already includes a rear locker? The bigger tires get, less you should pay for Sasquatch also, IMO. The jump in value between Base steelies and 30" tires vs. Big Bend rims and 32" tires should be reflected in a lower price on the Sasquatch, otherwise the best value is in the Base ?‍♂
That was always the assumption. If Sasquatch was previously stated to be Auto-only, and the price was say $4500, then that $4500 included the Auto, it wasn't that you pay $4500 plus the $2000 for the Auto. You are right, that would then double-up some of the pricing of what Sasq offers on the higher trims that already have certain of those features if that's how they structured it. But, I believe the Sasq will vary on trim based on what add'l features need to be added to check all the Sasquatch boxes. It will be the most on a Base, and be much less on a Badlands because it already has most of those components as standard. Same for Trims that have Auto Standard, you cannot expect that package to cost the same when it adds less and less as the trims go up.

Sponsored

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If I was practical I would do Big bend 2.7 locker and after running the rubber off the rims get 35s and aftermarket stops for the rubbage. But alas, I am an asshole and will get BaseMansquatch and roll with big ignorant tires I do not need, winning..?

Wait. I just noticed the late 21 delay. Hmmm... Now I need to sleep on this.

Last edited:

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad they did it as it's one less bullet point for Jeep...however, automatics today are so much more sophisticated than previous. I think auto will be just fine...

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pretty sure I'm going to do it. I'll have to compare the final final prices from Build and Price to see which is the better value: BaseManSquatch vs. stripped down Black Diamond. For me the wait is actually better, even though it will be hard to see other Broncos driving around when I got my reservation in the first few hours of opening night.
Sponsored