Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t think so. Take a look at the pricing survey. Outer Banks comes with auto and Sasquatch is still a $5000 upgrade. Black Diamond is $4500 and Badlands is $2500, so you get some credit on the upgraded parts, but not a lot.
Up until today, if the B&P was out and you selected to add the Sasquatch, it would have forced the additional add-on of the auto. You can see this in effect when selecting Lead Foot Grey on an F150. It forces the mid package. Same idea.
Build a F250 Crew XLT , skip everything down to packages... select Tremor package($3975) ...BOOM , adds 4X4 and all appropiate options, 7.3L, etc... $8,800 click!
Sponsored

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m still 2-door Base with a manual. No sasquatch needed. All I want is winter driving, forest service roads, and steep boat ramps. I will upgrade wheels and tires but that’s it. (I’m a later reservation, should be tons of take offs available for me) I don’t need or want 35 inch MT tires. I can’t imagine trying to drive on them in the winter.

MHand52

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT/CS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t think so. Take a look at the pricing survey. Outer Banks comes with auto and Sasquatch is still a $5000 upgrade. Black Diamond is $4500 and Badlands is $2500, so you get some credit on the upgraded parts, but not a lot.
Up until today, if the B&P was out and you selected to add the Sasquatch, it would have forced the additional add-on of the auto. You can see this in effect when selecting Lead Foot Grey on an F150. It forces the mid package. Same idea.
Totally following you there. I would agree that we wouldnt see the full retail price of the Auto taken off the squatch if you went manual, but your breakdown does confirm my thoughts that the Sasq package does get cheaper when the trim level already carries some of that equipment. I like the ballpark numbers they gave, but that is certainly subject to change given the Manual option now, I just wonder what it will be.

The Outer Banks is the weird one of the breakdown given that it already comes with an Auto as standard. My only guess is that 1) the outer banks doesn't even have Manual as an option, so if you went OB, there is no option to get a Man-squatch and therefor no discount. 2) it carries the same chassis as the Big Bend, no off road suspension, no lockers, standard axles, etc, so it has everything except the trans to add on for Squatch. Still decent value.

The rest of the survey pricing really does start to fall apart given the Manual option. Badlands Squatch at $2500 is also puzzling if that includes the trans. It adds so little to the Badlands, if you take the Auto out of the equation there, you're paying $2500 for wheels tires and fender flairs, no bang for buck. Badlands ManSquatch at $1500 or $2000 makes much more sense if Auto-Squatch lands you at $2500. A 50% of retail for the trans taken off for a manual squatch is very reasonable, putting all manual squatches at $1000 less than Auto Squatch would be the sweet spot ?

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Totally following you there. I would agree that we wouldnt see the full retail price of the Auto taken off the squatch if you went manual, but your breakdown does confirm my thoughts that the Sasq package does get cheaper when the trim level already carries some of that equipment. I like the ballpark numbers they gave, but that is certainly subject to change given the Manual option now, I just wonder what it will be.

The Outer Banks is the weird one of the breakdown given that it already comes with an Auto as standard. My only guess is that 1) the outer banks doesn't even have Manual as an option, so if you went OB, there is no option to get a Man-squatch and therefor no discount. 2) it carries the same chassis as the Big Bend, no off road suspension, no lockers, standard axles, etc, so it has everything except the trans to add on for Squatch. Still decent value.

The rest of the survey pricing really does start to fall apart given the Manual option. Badlands Squatch at $2500 is also puzzling if that includes the trans. It adds so little to the Badlands, if you take the Auto out of the equation there, you're paying $2500 for wheels tires and fender flairs, no bang for buck. Badlands ManSquatch at $1500 or $2000 makes much more sense if Auto-Squatch lands you at $2500. A 50% of retail for the trans taken off for a manual squatch is very reasonable, putting all manual squatches at $1000 less than Auto Squatch would be the sweet spot ?
What I was trying to say is that when you add Sasquatch you would get a pop-up that adds the automatic transmission. On base the Sasquatch is really a $6600 options because $5000 for Sasquatch and $1600 for automatic. Same with Big Bend. When you get to Outer Banks you would only see the $5000 since you would already have the auto accounted for. As for Badlands, the $2500 from survey does seem potentially a bit overpriced, but if you look at the Raptor beadlock capable wheels is around a $1900 upgrade and the Raptor doesn’t change flares or tire size. I think Ford is losing out on a lot of auto sales by allowing the mansquatch and potentially a lot of people downgrading from Badlands to Black Diamond.

YEGDriver

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have two reasons for not wanting either the sasquatch or a manual. The first is I can't justify the extra cost, since I'm not going to be rock crawling, and secondly since this will be a daily driver, my knees will no longer survive a clutch in stop and go traffic.

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have two reasons for not wanting either the sasquatch or a manual. The first is I can't justify the extra cost, since I'm not going to be rock crawling, and secondly since this will be a daily driver, my knees will no longer survive a clutch in stop and go traffic.
Knees? You have a funky technique my friend!

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What I was trying to say is that when you add Sasquatch you would get a pop-up that adds the automatic transmission. On base the Sasquatch is really a $6600 options because $5000 for Sasquatch and $1600 for automatic. Same with Big Bend. When you get to Outer Banks you would only see the $5000 since you would already have the auto accounted for. As for Badlands, the $2500 from survey does seem potentially a bit overpriced, but if you look at the Raptor beadlock capable wheels is around a $1900 upgrade and the Raptor doesn’t change flares or tire size. I think Ford is losing out on a lot of auto sales by allowing the mansquatch and potentially a lot of people downgrading from Badlands to Black Diamond.
I agree while like the Rubicon, the Bad Lands will be really popular even to the poeple that won't be doing serious rock crawling. I think a lot of people will down grade for whatever reason to Black Diamond, which isn't a bad thing because I think it would fit most peoples needs. Especially if they're looking to get the man-squatch combo and still have a good amount of capability compared to the BL. But depending on how close Ford is to the survey price, it seems like a good deal to go with the BD with man-squatch. That's probably what I'm going to do depending on the final price of the packages and such.

MHand52

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT/CS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow I really hope that is not the case. That would be almost dishonest from Ford to say that a Sasquatch package is $5000 on a base, when really it would have been $6,600 because of the forced transmission (like they haven't been dishonest to us before....). So then it's 2-fold cheaper on trims that already come with an Auto? I really hope not. I had a separate thought on the survey pricing as to why the decision of ManSquatch got approved. I was thinking that Ford did not get the "Yes's" they were hoping for Sasquatch package on the survey due to the steep price they are wanting for it, and they will be able to sell more squatch package if they had an intro price that was more accessible for those that would like a Manual. Ford does not want a bunch of base looking Broncos on the road, the truck looks best with a lift and beefy tires, seeing those on the road will generate more sales than people seeing them on 30's

HobbyPro

Black Diamond
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Strongly considering it but it depends on pricing. I have the BD reserved but love the look of the squatch pkg on the 4dr. Manual trans is a requirement. Depending on price I think a BDMANSquatch or BL as is is the way to go.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow I really hope that is not the case. That would be almost dishonest from Ford to say that a Sasquatch package is $5000 on a base, when really it would have been $6,600 because of the forced transmission (like they haven't been dishonest to us before....).
This had been discussed at length when the survey first dropped. General consensus from those familiar with Ford optioning program all pretty much agree that $6600 for the Squatch would have been the case.
It's kind of normal really.

B&P a F250 4X4 crew cab ....do not preselect the 7.3.
It is a requirement for Tremor.
Select the Tremor pkg. ($3975) and it will automatically add on the 7.3/10spd combo ($2045) .... total of $6020.

This is pretty normal among manufacturers in my opinion. There are probably too many variables to list on a quick B&P so they just throw the package price out there and let the programming take over.

MHand52

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT/CS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This had been discussed at length when the survey first dropped. General consensus from those familiar with Ford optioning program all pretty much agree that $6600 for the Squatch would have been the case.
It's kind of normal really.

B&P a F250 4X4 crew cab ....do not preselect the 7.3.
It is a requirement for Tremor.
Select the Tremor pkg. ($3975) and it will automatically add on the 7.3/10spd combo ($2045) .... total of $6020.

This is pretty normal among manufacturers in my opinion. There are probably too many variables to list on a quick B&P so they just throw the package price out there and let the programming take over.
I can totally understand an engine choice forcing the transmission, that will happen with the 2.7, totalling what a $4000 upgrade then? Perhaps that's what it will be in this case with the squatch and I just have wishful thinking. I just want the pricing of the upgrade on each trim to be proportionate to the equipment you're getting. I think Badlands squatch is too much, but would make more sense for a BD. I'm big on value/$ so that's just how I'm comparing.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think Badlands squatch is too much, but would make more sense for a BD. I'm big on value/$ so that's just how I'm comparing.
The $2500 BL Squatch upgrade? I agree with that also, too much... but there are many who say those beadlock capable rims are VERY SALTY, maybe .... but personally, I'd pass on the Badsquatch, for me. Everything else is already there and 35's will fit if you wanted anyways PLUS the disco sway bar.

I'm having a really hard time getting past the value of a BaseManSquatch.

The heated seats I really want are not worth the extra what, $5k?? to get into the next trim.
I know I can add them aftermarket for around $300, maybe less, maybe more.

I'll have to get into the nitty gritty details, but that's where a LOT of other folks are too.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs