Sponsored

Show us your installed wheel / tire upgrades here! (Pics)

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does offset difference void warranty? Does anyone know for a fact?
I can’t imagine it would. I have seen dealers add aftermarket wheels with negative offsets before they put them on the lot.
Sponsored

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does offset difference void warranty? Does anyone know for a fact?
Nothing 'Voids the warranty', and don't let a Dealer tell you it does...

Now a specific repair can be denied, if the dealer/corporation can prove the modification caused the issue, for instance if your ball joints gave up or a tierod broke right after putting on a wheel with a greater off-set. But if you're windsheild wipers stopped working, that would still be covered, because it obviuosly has no relation to the modification.

Auto Care Association said:
The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act prohibits product manufacturers from conditioning consumer warranties on the use of any original equipment part or service. Furthermore, a manufacturer can only deny warranty coverage if it can demonstrate that a non-original equipment part or related service caused a defect to occur in the original product. In the case of motor vehicles, new car manufacturers have ignored these conditions outlined in Magnuson-Moss and have misled consumers to believe that they must have dealer service shops install only original equipment replacement parts or fear having their new car warranty voided.
https://www.autocare.org/government-relations/current-issues/Magnuson-Moss-Warranty-Act

Last edited:

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing 'Voids the warranty', and don't let a Dealer tell you it does...

Now a specific repair can be denied, if the dealer/corporation can prove the modification caused the issue, for instance if your ball joints gave up or a tierod broke right after putting on a wheel with a greater off-set. But if you're windsheild wipers stopped working, that would still be covered, because it obviuosly has no relation to the modification.

https://www.autocare.org/government-relations/current-issues/Magnuson-Moss-Warranty-Act
I’ll leave this here
Attorneys don’t work for free
https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/ffs-lets-all-stop-referencing-the-magnussen-moss-act.609911/

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, Attorneys Don't work for free, and almost every manufacturer has an army of attorneys already for just such occasions. But manufacturers generally aren't out to screw people because they put a K&N filter on their vehicle either (Dealerships, yes, Manufacturers, no)...

None the less, In the case where someone asks if changing his wheel offset voids his warranty or not, he obviously doesn't know about it, so telling him about its existence is 100% appropriate and applicable, because he's buying into the exact lie the article I attached is talking about!

Sponsored

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

New wheel / tire combo !!

285/70r17 KO2 Load C
Method 304 machined polished

7177546D-25D6-45F3-90F3-A2DC902F1E5F.jpeg

02A928C8-D67E-4677-B801-E154DD08D544.jpeg

Those look great. I hope the machine polished trend comes back a little. This finish gives a nice retro nod with a modern spoke pattern. Really nice fit on this rig!

Richw23

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like the look of tires. How are they on and off-road?
On road they are fine. A little rumble when starting and stopping because of the big knobs. In my minimal offroad with them they were great. Strictly on mud and dirt, i didnt encounter any rocks, but they were great and performed as well as any bfg mudder i ever owned on my wrangler 10 years ago.

Kedward

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX, 2022 BB Sasquatch 7-speed
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

TheSasquatch

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco / 2021 Macan / 2021 Tesla M3 / R1T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
sorry if anyone has already asked...but any rubbing?
I did the 2" Rough Country level kit (2" front / 1.5" rear) and did BFG KO2 37's. With this setup, there is NO rubbing. Not even close. No crash bar removal mumbo jumbo etc.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I did the 2" Rough Country level kit (2" front / 1.5" rear) and did BFG KO2 37's. With this setup, there is NO rubbing. Not even close. No crash bar removal mumbo jumbo etc.
How is the ride quality after adding the lift/level? I’m looking at options for my Black Diamond and may just go SAS Coilovers

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

RTR tech6 wheels 17x9 0mm offset, nexen roadian mtz 37x12.50r17 tires

Ford Bronco Show us your installed wheel / tire upgrades here! (Pics) 20220319_123626

Ford Bronco Show us your installed wheel / tire upgrades here! (Pics) 20220319_123626

How do those tires ride on road? Looks killer...have pretty much the same truck....on ice mountain at the moment. Will swap 37s soon after delivery. Ive had Ridge Grapplers, and Milestar padagonias on other rigs. I like the look of the Nexen
Sponsored